What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does Chocolope really Taste & Smell like Chocolate ?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
GYO says it has DNA Genetics regs and fems.

Got me wigged out cause that is the only place I have seen it.

Yeah I actually just saw that... a bit weird that they still have the regs. I havent seen those in years... GYO is part of DNA? any idea?

3snowboards

I had some chocolate diesel from a dispensary a few weeks ago that was straight up chocolate smell and flavor
Over 30%thca too

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Bluebird usually have it on the menu. One much like we had locally. Light green buds, that had a hint of coco as you inhaled. It wasn't as tall as most reports state, and was a good yielder. Ours had one side of the leaf growing light green, not dark green. A trait often reported as tmv, but was likely genetic. It was strong, and tasted great, but in wasn't a nice hit. It seemed to induce paranoia. Otherwise it would of been a keeper.

clearheaded

ya GYO is DNAs company like reserva privada.

many large companies have seeds produced en masse by companies in spain who specialize in producing seeds. and why many have exact same varietys with sometimes different names. that being said I would say the "knock offs" are actually created from DNAs cut. perhaps sold it as all of a sudden many different knock off and off there menu. so would guess you will get same or very close to original chocolope which may or may not yeild more chocolate phenos.

I would say dont mess crossing with sour D as will drowned out all the melon/chocolate and just become another "kush" tasting var. the pinapple is def the right choice :) if want to build on the floral fruity c99ness along with chocolate.

making your own fem seeds is easy too. 2 dollars of silver wire and an old phone charger or something and that all u need. prob could even use a usb and wall charger.

any pics of your chocolate pheno?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
ya GYO is DNAs company like reserva privada.

many large companies have seeds produced en masse by companies in spain who specialize in producing seeds. and why many have exact same varietys with sometimes different names. that being said I would say the "knock offs" are actually created from DNAs cut. perhaps sold it as all of a sudden many different knock off and off there menu. so would guess you will get same or very close to original chocolope which may or may not yeild more chocolate phenos.

I would say dont mess crossing with sour D as will drowned out all the melon/chocolate and just become another "kush" tasting var. the pinapple is def the right choice :) if want to build on the floral fruity c99ness along with chocolate.

making your own fem seeds is easy too. 2 dollars of silver wire and an old phone charger or something and that all u need. prob could even use a usb and wall charger.

any pics of your chocolate pheno?

Thanks for the feedback! If you go back to page 5 on this thread you can see some pictures from my pheno!:tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Here are some shots of my chocolope pre-harvest, this one was taken to 77 days, really brought out the colors and the fox tails! Was on 7 gallons of organic mix...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lovely smoke, my goto day time smoke... very eletric and energetic, no body at all, all in the head, giggly, happy, alert type of high! Smell is peat bog, mud, dark chocolate, oil rag. Taste has the initial oil rag that cleaned a chocolate mess and then it was dropped on mud, quite lovely and unique! No fruitiness or sweetness at all!

Peace!

3snowboards

Here are some shots of my chocolope pre-harvest, this one was taken to 77 days, really brought out the colors and the fox tails! Was on 7 gallons of organic mix...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Lovely smoke, my goto day time smoke... very eletric and energetic, no body at all, all in the head, giggly, happy, alert type of high! Smell is peat bog, mud, dark chocolate, oil rag. Taste has the initial oil rag that cleaned a chocolate mess and then it was dropped on mud, quite lovely and unique! No fruitiness or sweetness at all!

Peace!

That looks awesome!

Happy Times

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace!

Sounds like quite a unique strain! Pheno from seed?

Really pretty plant there, nice job
That bud structure reminds me a little of some Trainwreck I saw growing around Arcata 2002ish

NEED 4 SEED

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace!

Yeah that looks like my chocolopes in 2013. Bit lanky and floppy but nice solid and resinous flowers with a blue hue. Mine actually had a more sweeter smell, like whiskey, fruit and chocolate. just a little bit too racy for me. But I'm trying atm germinating some of their crosses. Should be intersting if something still sprouts.

elanius

Veteran
Interesting how this latest chocolope example looks like my DjShort Cocoa Kush F2, some similar traits there for sure. Looks like the Chocolate Thai coming through.
Finally found pheno that is spot on, it smells like dark nougat chocolate. Incredible smell really, this girl is seeded with Karma SD bx2 male, aiming to enhance the chocolate smell intensity to the max.

picture.php
picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Thats amazing Elanius, they really resemble each other a lot! Leaf structure seems spot on! Even the curly single blades look the same! Thanks for sharing!

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
I bet the high is similar tho, cuz people really enjoy most phenos! c99 has a similar type of effects!

chocolope > c99

i really like c99, but chocolope hits even more bells. never had any chocolope that gave me a burnout feeling after the high was over; usually it clears away 100% unless i smoke a stupid amount (can't always say that about c99, ime)

but like you hinted at, i'm sure the grower sticks with one pheno they like cause it's always very similar.