What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Black / Meao Thai

greene

Vietnam Black Thai is out of stock at the moment but you still can find her .... some ace seeds' distributors still stock a few packs from past releases.

It's one of my favourite sativa x thai hybrids, the best one in terms of earliness and yield, the best phenos are the vietnam black dominant ones, in fact some expressions were almost or very very close to the original Vietnam Black mother. The strawberry aromas come from the recombination of vietnamese genetics, the thai has not this kind of terpene profile.

Ah so the strawberry terpenes are from the VB. I had two seeds I popped and in the beginning one had a spice smell and the other was fruitier but as they came along in flower they both changed into the strawberry type/dominant scent but still had different scents from each other, like my last post one more citrus/berry and the other like delicious pez candy.
Both on their way to a proper cure. At least I hope so. ;)
I want some now but it's too late at night, I would try to clean the house and read every book or watch every video online. :artist: Are there any fotos of what a Meao Thai plant looks like? or a Comparison of the two? VB vs Meao? I like to call it "Black Cat"

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I want some now but it's too late at night, I would try to clean the house and read every book or watch every video online.

:laughing:

Are there any fotos of what a Meao Thai plant looks like? or a Comparison of the two? VB vs Meao? I like to call it "Black Cat"

Good call. I'd like to see some pictures of both. I've seen a few of VB, but I don't remember seeing even one of the Meao Thai!

Please follow up with a smoke report Greene.

Thanks...

D

daylighting

98W for five plants and no fan! I'd be in trouble if I tried that with the heat and humidity here...

soulhigh

hello : Tiphat:

my vietnam black : Ying:

Attachments

• P1020284.jpg
    P1020284.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 28
  • P1020283.jpg
    P1020283.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17
  • P1020285.jpg
    P1020285.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 27

soulhigh

hey thaibliss latitude 42°, and a height of 400 m, it is good the day and cool at night with night-day difference of more than 20 c, I think it's been accelerated maturation, especially which are not in bloom before mid August ... thank you google translations haha

ThaiBliss

Veteran
hey thaibliss latitude 42°, and a height of 400 m, it is good the day and cool at night with night-day difference of more than 20 c, I think it's been accelerated maturation, especially which are not in bloom before mid August ... thank you google translations haha

We are on the same line. I think it could work here in a greenhouse. We have had a couple of light frosts already.

TB.

soulhigh

but it is sensitive to moisture, cold more than I think it has a stinky smell commme a tropical fruit that name is in french "the jackier", a big fruit green and white in inside with a smell of cheese but sweet, I have another pheno that I must watch if you want with the same smell but a softer sides strawberry banana I feel, dubi can you talk to me of black pheno Vietnamese if you go around?

konopenko

Veteran
Looks good bro, Vietnam Black is mother of OE...tasty ganja imo, resinous black pheno you have..did you took any clones?

B

BlOoDShAnTi I

These are old pics konopenko.Must find pics where plants were more mature,but I think they are on my other comp.The black pheno was really good smoke.Didnt need to cure it for long time like other pure sativas.Very unique taste.I didnt took any clones,but there is still some seeds left in my fridge for repro.

B

BlOoDShAnTi I

nope,it goes around +14 weeks.Ill try it next year with force flowering maybe.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks DemonPigeon, soulhigh and BlOoDShAnTi I

Thanks for showing us your Vietnam Blacks :) Take care!