What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Growers and Medical Users

archie123

good morning all,hey fat man need your best tips and hints on cutting and rooten got a barneys that prime 2 clip???T.I.A. A1.........stay green

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey archie.
did you get to the hydro store the other day?
ive been using the e z cloner. but one thing for cuts to know is, olivia's cloning jell sucks, it IS organic, which some people rather, but that means 2 main chemicals all other cloning jells use isnt there... ive been using clonex solution, and jell.

dan_kass

I'll add this.....rapid rooter work well but dry out really fast if you're using a dome with a heating pad underneath so you MUST stay on top of things otherwise you will lose 50 clones in a heartbeat....trust me I know. It happened to me about a month and a half ago and screwed things up big time so now I'm forced to double the original amount which is sketchy to say the least. The other thing is that I used a product from Dutch Master called APS to soak the plugs (I let them dry out first) and theres a chance that had something to do with losing them all like I did. I've taken tens of thousands of clones through the years and it was the first time I'd lost a whole tray like this....all I know is whatever I did (aps, too much heat?, under watered) will never be repeated again. The other thing that sucks about the rooters is when u grab them from the top they tend to just rip apart.

Rockwool with a heating pad and a dome is quick (so are the rapid rooters when kept watered properly) and can go slightly longer between watering then the rooters.

But my favorite is str8 coco (3$ gh brick) with a heating pad and no dome. Had my cloning area been warmer then 70 I think the coco would have been done at about the same time as the rockwool. And whats great is you can take a 6" or 7" clone and they root with no problem (for me) and with little to no yellowing....and i'm not talking about the using up nitrogen yellowing, I'm talking about the it's too hot and humid under the dome yellowing.

Then there are the bubble/ez cloners that are kinda tricky but definitely kick ass. They tend to work best in the winter (with a heater of course) unless you have an a/c in your cloning area to keep the temps in check during the warmer months. I will only use this method again if I need lots of clones that will be placed into a hydro set up of some sort because you can basically pre veg your cuts right in the cloner...well at least the ez cloner.

I know it sounds crazy but if I'm using a dome with a heating pad (doesn't matter which medium) the way I tell if it's too hot is to lift the lid and take a whiff. There is a certain smell (to me) when it's too hot. Of course I could just make a multi pronged device that gives me air, medium and the base of the tray temp but I for some reason seem to enjoy the pain of doing it the hard way.

As far as what to dip in.....the cheapest bottle of liquid usually works better then any of the high priced stuff....or at least has for me. I've done side by sides with liquid, gel and nothing and the gels and liquids are the fastest with nothing at all being a distant third. Good luck and hope this helps.

~DK

archie123

DK,thanks man i am new to the indoor thing,been in the woods to long...now to much face time with the damn things???i kno LITFA,,,,,aint easy!!!so taken cuts is the next good thing???thanks stay green A1

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys
shits slow in my tents. the heater shit set me back. but heres some revegged ch9's going into flower. i took a few cuts and im trying to bridge the gap coming up... 6 more plants will finish in a week or 2. and i have 3 plants a month in.

-=-
picture.php

-=- 9
picture.php

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys,
another ch9 is down. in about 2 weeks, 6 more will finish.
heres a number 4. this one smells great. citral / grapefruit pheno i cant wait till shes dry.
-=-
picture.php

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks alot guys,
that ch9 was finished at probably day 80. there was 4 that finished a week ago.
the smell coming off this thing is great. and from a clone, thats a pretty big cola :D.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some dry bud, and flowering shots. (ch9)

-=-heres ch9 #1 after about 3 weeks cure.
picture.php

-=-
picture.php

-=-more of that citral / grape fruit...mm cant wait till shes done drying
picture.php

bluebuds

looking fresh fatblunt!!! killer looking buds! do you mostly only grow ch9? i live in the same region as you do you ever do outdoor? if so what are you going to run? -bluebuds

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking fresh fatblunt!!! killer looking buds! do you mostly only grow ch9? i live in the same region as you do you ever do outdoor? if so what are you going to run? -bluebuds

i originally got ch9s because it was suggested by a friend. they are probably the best value feminized seeds. 50$ for a feminized 10 pack. no one else does that. the CH9's yielded average, 80 - 130g from seed plants. from the mixed pack, i got 4 phenos i really liked.
im actually in the middle of flowering the last of the ch9's, i got my mother tent. and for moms:: whiteberry, c99xpanamaRed, a random flying dutchman from a mixed pack... and just sprouted some rez gear. ( chemdogxSD, and 4SD ). <- looking forward to that. :D
starting up my mandala safari freebies too. they have some good looking, and fast finishing strains.

o and im all indoor, canna coco tent grower. i need to do some woods hiking to find a good place.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good after noon new england.
whats going on? hows shit?
i need a new reverse ossmossis filter. it was running at 2 psi, and dripping out.
unfortunately i bought the system at harvest moon, and liquid sun doesnt carry that model. so i have to go to harvest moon this week and get it... lame
im so against that place. i actually have the sunlight supply 09 -10 catalog, and i looked up acouple things i remember the price of from harvest moon.... 18" air king. the moon - is 75$!. the catalog / liquid sun - 64.95$. things are marked up big time at harvest moon... liquid sun honors all the prices in this catalog.

bluebuds

fat blunt you ever check out the urban garden shop? i heard its in topsham? heard there a little more pricy tho. -bluebuds

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no i havent, once i found liquid sun, there really isnt any reason to go anywhere else. they are the only canna dealers in new england. great prices too... its just my first big buy was at harvest moon, because they were the closest store at the time.

UpInTheCut

Greenlife Garden Supply 481 Boston Road, Billerica

Is THE place to go near Boston been to Worms Way, Harvest Moon, this place kicks ass

except they don't carry Advanced Nutes...

Their House & Garden all the way BTW
H&G is a Great line of nutes

Anybody else been there?

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
fat blunt you ever check out the urban garden shop? i heard its in topsham? heard there a little more pricy tho. -bluebuds

I used to go to Urban garden a lot, but then I found out about Liquid Sun which is about 30 minutes closer to my home (1 1/2 hour as opposed to 2 hours). There was a guy at Urban that I got a lot of good advice from, but I think he's parted for one reason or another as he's not been there the past few times I was in. The Liquid Sun store has a kinda 'warehouse' feel to it. A little on the scattered side and somewhat unorganized, but I don't mind that. One thing I did notice is the close ties these places make to their suppliers. Some lines cross over, but some don't. I really would like one of them to pick up the Van de Zwaan line of nutes, but neither of them can because of politics with their supplier. Oh well.. I'll just keep buying it via my eBay supplier.

mgk :smokey:

UpInTheCut

so they are real?????thanks cut......A

No problem Archie123, the Owner is the nicest guy, You can tell when he gives you advice he is not trying to up-sell or try to market a certain brand (he did really like Van de Zwaan H&G ,but they are a great brand)
Its kind of funny,his disdain for Advanced Nutes.. he went off on them for like 10 min. lol