What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain Lineage

Rellikbuzz

Hey TR - Here's a few Resevior Seeds strains to add and one Reeferman strain.

Apollo Mist/Resevior Seeds - Apollo 11 G4 x 1998 Pre-Sensei Kali Mist Mom
Orange Apollo/Resevior Seeds - AE77 Cali O x Apollo 11 G4
Sour Mist/Resevior Seeds - Double Sour Diesel x 1998 Pre-Sensei Kali Mist Mom
Blue Thunder/Reeferman - Blueberry Sativa x Kodiak Gold (aka Alaskan Mantanuska Thunderfuck)

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
WeedWrapperMan said:
NYCD-Soma obtained 6 selfed seeds and from a friend ... 5 of which sprouted and were female and he selected 1 that tasted like red grapefruit he used for crossing with some of his genetics. Where did you hear it was bagseed?
:yeahthats... until Master Soma corrects it, that's what I've understood...

Niemand

zeppelindood said:
:yeahthats... until Master Soma corrects it, that's what I've understood...
wickyd said:
story goes, soma was in NYC and got a bag of diesel/fuel buds and there was a seed in it that turned out to be female. The buds were potent enough for soma to use that seed in breeding.

I dont believe he got selfed seeds, as they're generally not that good for breeding because a lot of the selfing methods increase chance for hermaphrodites.

wickyd
WeedWrapperMan said:
NYCD-Soma obtained 6 selfed seeds and from a friend ... 5 of which sprouted and were female and he selected 1 that tasted like red grapefruit he used for crossing with some of his genetics. Where did you hear it was bagseed?

Master Soma has corrected it quite a few times... I have 2 times on tape BUT.....

Lets take it from his book... (WHAT? No-one else can quote his book???????)
(Okay, Im lazy and decided to photocopy his words)

The story differs slightly but is basically what he wrote.....

One minor change was that instead of some being flat and some he adored, originally there were 2 different phenos he kept the best!

Now... the reason the person thought they were selfed is what I constantly ask.... If they werent selfed then they were ALREADY a cross to begin with... Which again is WHY "I" at least consider NYCD a great strain but little to do with ECSD..... Sage and Sour on the other had has UNDENIABLE proof that it is SAGE crossed with a ECSD CUTTING!!! Pure ECSD!!!

Peace, Jah Bless

G

Nope can't quote a book I haven't read but...... the above doesn't support or contradict either side of the selfed or bagseed debate. One could assume either. Soma did write/say " NYCD was made from years of hybridization. I first got seeds from a self-pollinated Sour Diesel female that a friend brought back from New York in 1997. I was given six seeds and five came up females. There were two phenotypes , only one of which I liked. This one tasted and smelled like ripe red grapefruit. I crossed it with some of my genetics, and after several years came up with NYCD" in an interview with HT (not that I consider HT a reliable source) and is very close to what I had read elsewhere. If NYCD is a Diesel cross of questionable but True Breeding (not femmed or selfed) strains I will have to get some. I haven't because of the selfed issue. I'd hate to think I left a winner out of my garden on false pretenses. Not wanting to tilt this thread further towards Debate I will suggest we take this discussion elsewhere (As always TR deletions upon request).

Good to see you posting again TR. We were a bit concerned as to your well being. We hope all is well for you.

G

any body know about

Amnesia Haze

or

Power Plant?

thanks, I like the list

G

thanks for the link monolith - still doesnt say anything about what other plants these were derived from

power plant comes from Africa is all it says

well shit I was just searching myself and found this info on Amnesia Haze from post by soma it seems

Greetings Soma's Amnesia Haze is my newest strain. A mix of Southeast Asian, Afghani, and Jamaican. Takes at least 13 weeks to finish, has very dense buds, great yield and really reminds me of the old Thai sticks. It is the most expensive weed in Amsterdam. I love it. Keep it GREEN Peace Soma

G

Godbud = God x Hawaiian x Purple Indica
Blue God = Blueberry x Godbud
Lemon God = Lemon Skunk x Godbud
Cotton Haze = Vietnamese x Cotton Candy

G

seattle blue?

seattle blue?

I aquired a Seattle Blue clone and can't find anything about it,
besides some dude getting busted with this strain.
Anybody heard of it? :wave:

drm

AK-47

AK-47

genotype Mainly sativa;one-third indica; Colombian,Mexican Thai and Afgheni cross

I

indicalover

NL genetics

NL genetics

I think your genetics for the various NL strains may be inaccurate. The NL 5 is an afghani thai hybrid. It looks like NL1 may be pure afghani. Here is some info that will help.

schrooomy420

Ok let's see here. Where did the romulan = og kush x afgani come from? I've been a romulan fanatic for a decade now and this is the first I have heard of that, not that it could'nt be true, just would like the source.
As far as NYCD, story was the somas buddy gave him 6 seeds that came from a bag of herb that his buddy bought in new york city and his buddy said that they called it diesel. Not claimed to be selfed or crossed, just bag seed. I think the taste of somas keeper clone of NYCD is closer to the sour diesel than the original diesel as I grow both of these cuttings, but neither is all that close to somas strains either. SOma's is'nt bad, but in my opinion the original diesel and the sour diesel are awsome tasteing simply awsome.
and the story with the cheese is that it;s an 89 skunk from sensi stock, can;t re-call if it was skunk #1 or super skunk, but I am leaning towards super skunk.

tropical- BC Chemo has NOTHING to do with NYC DAWG..ithere is no relation, what so ever...as far as "original diesel", i would love to try it.. any pics schroomy?

G

Yep, the cheese is a Skunk 1

Btw, Trainwreck - Mexican/Aghani x Lowland river bank thai, lol

dHazed

Hey Phil youre talking out your hyman again. I also heard something about the Chemo and dawg being related.

Latest posts

Latest posts