What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TFD's Original Haze vs Ace's Oldtimer's Haze???

G-life

This is the way I see it: The Torch has been passed back to California. Because of the politics of the matter, we had to pass the torch to Europe. Now, w/ Amsterdam being shut down and England soon to follow, we, in Cali, need to pick that torch back up and take it to the next level. With the "New World Order", now may be our time to Overgrow/carry the ball. What say you in Cali, can we do it again?

sure. send some seed.

Burt

Veteran
well i think you need Sam and the Haze brothers for round 2 unless you know peeps who hold trinity and can convince them to make seeds

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
c99, i could'nt agree more..cali and the U.S. is taking over the business..
i personally love it..U.S. seedbanks and clones shops are opening up more and more..peace

C

Cinderella99

I agree, Groady...

I agree, Groady...

And, well, the reason I said that is not to come off as being exclusive or anything, but to point out that the "air of permissiveness" in this state is becoming such that outdoor strains like haze may be able to be reworked here at this point. My feeling is that the politics on both a macro/national level and a state level have recently and significantly improved enough to perhaps open the door to a speedier evolution of an outdoor strain like haze. Our climate is still the same as it was in the 60's.

OK, with 215 each MMJ licensed individual could potentially grow 6 hazes outdoors in each of their yards. If we combine the networking capability of the internet (think of the bit torrent model), we could grow enough plants collectively and communicate effectively enough to conduct a proper haze selection.

:2cents:

bigherb

Veteran
like its been said we can only say wat we know n if we only hav these haze lines wit specific traits then this is how we label them

now ive said many times before id lov to hear all our brothers Description of o.haze ESPECIALLY IF YOUR FROM CALI

i wish all of the 60's 70's legendary strains were all avaiable at our fav seedbanks but sadly its not the norm ,soo im only smokin the last 12 yrs available gentics MY OPINION OF HAZE IS WASHINGTON HEIGHTS IS HOME OF THE HAZE
frankies as we know her becaz of the trait of frankincense ,catpiss ,spice this is my o.haze n the best haze ive smoked todate

soo in my research ive understand
sam o.haze doesnt hav incense traits n is know too be sweet
hbh sandlewood catpiss
nev haze frankincense catpiss spice ,traits

the term frankies has been used aleast 20yrs as i recall nnn im proof/nyc is proof that mns haze hybrid share many traits of flava n aromas with nyc haze

ponder on this

1luvbigherb

Nexus7

like its been said we can only say wat we know n if we only hav these haze lines wit specific traits then this is how we label them

now ive said many times before id lov to hear all our brothers Description of o.haze ESPECIALLY IF YOUR FROM CALI

i wish all of the 60's 70's legendary strains were all avaiable at our fav seedbanks but sadly its not the norm ,soo im only smokin the last 12 yrs available gentics MY OPINION OF HAZE IS WASHINGTON HEIGHTS IS HOME OF THE HAZE
frankies as we know her becaz of the trait of frankincense ,catpiss ,spice this is my o.haze n the best haze ive smoked todate

soo in my research ive understand
sam o.haze doesnt hav incense traits n is know too be sweet
hbh sandlewood catpiss
nev haze frankincense catpiss spice ,traits

the term frankies has been used aleast 20yrs as i recall nnn im proof/nyc is proof that mns haze hybrid share many traits of flava n aromas with nyc haze

ponder on this

1luvbigherb

Dominican Haze/ NYC Piff is a hybrid or S1 of the A5 cut. Hence why it shares the same traits.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Bump. California sunshine grown OTH…
95D8E1CC-34DA-497F-BC1A-9873D4BFFCDE.jpeg
7279A5A0-9204-4F8E-B487-985D04196971.jpeg
765B2F4E-97DB-417E-B17F-1E095FC7D512.jpeg
84025B3A-0E44-45CE-A13B-14D0813F5E84.jpeg
8BB8B7C6-A032-469E-BC85-8040C6EA0240.jpeg
C3454299-3568-4CBC-8239-8C0349428163.jpeg
947CD61E-55A2-45A4-9A7E-D6AAF007FEAF.jpeg
A49C770C-71D6-4A82-9125-5B90A0A402F2.jpeg
C122B709-4C1C-4607-9FFB-B7C85E9816C7.jpeg

Outdoor harvests typically in early to mid-January. No green house required parallel 33N.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Very nice discussion for sure.

Why I never see a purple pheno in Orginal Haze or Neville's Haze?? Shantibaba did you ever see a purple pheno at your stock?

The only purple's I've seen was in Tom's Original Haze ( Positronics, as Tom said original stock from Sam) and with ACE's OT's Haze.

Saludos:smoker: Still here reading the experts.
Hello. :wave:Almost 14 years later and I still haven't seen any purple "original haze".
Sam has said several times that the original haze had several colors and I only see green, in seedsman, TFD...
I imagine it will be because of the selection. According to Sam the green ones had a better effect.
A photo of purple OTH and THH.
The vast majority come out green even with low temperatures.:tiphat:
OTH.jpg
THH2.jpg
THH.jpg

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hello. :wave:Almost 14 years later and I still haven't seen any purple "original haze".
Sam has said several times that the original haze had several colors and I only see green, in seedsman, TFD...
I imagine it will be because of the selection. According to Sam the green ones had a better effect.
A photo of purple OTH and THH.
The vast majority come out green even with low temperatures.:tiphat: View attachment 18809647 View attachment 18809659 View attachment 18809660
Selection...
It has been selected for many generations on the green side, I also believe that in ot1hz and thh x OHz green phenos are better, but it's a matter of preference I think...

Piff_cat

spectacular plants!! the last one is identical to the golden haze brothers from 1980 article!! theres another one with the golden stem and red petioles i wanted to point out. it has the exact structure from the shandong basal wild cannabis ive been studying. shandong is at 45 degrees or so but its in the same maternal haplotype group as all the yunnan/se asian drug lines. the plants stems end up almost wooden with crazy horizontal growth. the pic is not the greatest comes from the wild china cannabis study

1676141710217.png

blue haplotype is northern/fibre/seed/auto related to european

red is rarer made up of hashplant founders both wild and cultivated 27 to 42 degrees northwest china(xinijiang) nld hash cultivars some have no CBD even when wild/feral also contributes in tibet to founding of himalayas cannabis

green is the ganja type founding se asian drug cultivars and contributing to south indian. low to no cbd. many tibeten strains are natural hybrids between the red and green. shandong belongs to this group as an outlier

these maternal haplotypes are so useful due to them not recombining we can observe directional dispersal of the types from areas with high altitude filtering out to the lowlands. north east china contains unique diverse wild cannabis which played the biggest role in speciation. the circled area shows this diversity by the multiple haplotype families all present in the same line and close proxiimity of other lines with completly different haplotypes. shandong, inner mongolia and lioaning are the 3 major north east china diversity hot spots. many of these plants dont even have cbd! also shandong is positioned close enough to the water to facilitate dispersal south thru malysia.
1676141538573.png
View attachment 18803060