What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical marijuana for New York?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I heard on the news that they might not have time to get all of the kinks worked out because there are only 5 days left. What makes you feel it's going to happen...?

B

Brother_Monk

If they don't get the details ironed out before this session is up...they will get it done during the next. Have faith brother! Spitzer is all about change. Finally we have someone with common sense in the governors mansion. Plus, the senate majority leader, Joe Bruno(R)(they don't call him smokin' joe for nothing) and Lt Gov. David Paterson, and speaker of the assembly Sheldon Silver are all on the same page with getting this bill signed and made law. The only snag is figuring out how not to piss off the feds. That, and how not to let it get out of control where everyone is puffing legally. Although that would be ok in my book.

:ying:

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spoke with a member of Senator Wrights staff in Albany yesterday and there is a stalemate on how the patient will get the pot. I suggested not to have them get it off the street, but to have a family member, friend or even the patient grow their own and charge 250 dollars or so for the permit to help with the cost of paperwork and checking garden numbers. I'm afraid if it doesn't happen today or tomorrow, it isn't going to happen. Anyone that has time needs to jump on the phone and throw some input into this......

Last edited:
B

Brother_Monk

Friday. But Spitzer was talking about having summer session. That means no time off for them pricks until they get their friggin' work done :whip:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brother_Monk said:
Friday. But Spitzer was talking about having summer session. That means no time off for them pricks until they get their friggin' work done :whip:

Them poor people have to work for more than a few days, lol? I read today they spent a lot of time discussing their raises. Does that surprise anyone? If no one brings the bill back up for discussion, it will die where it sits. I don't like them wanting people to get weed off the street. I think they know that wouldn't work and they may use it as an excuse to scrap it and hope someone brings it back next session with a better plan on how people will get it......

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
purp&kush said:
why not open dispensaries, like in CA???

The Feds would be busting them. I think that the patient could ask a friend/relative to be the grower, or they could grow themselves. Let the State charge a couple hundred for a permit to help cover the cost of keeping track of numbers. That would be cheap compared to the cost on the street and the State likes money. They are making it harder than it needs to be.

Here is a link to help keep track of what is happening......Type in S6303 and click sponsor notes.....

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi

Last edited:
B

Brother_Monk

The Feds will shut down dispensaries like JJ said. NY won't come anywhere as close as the way they have it in CA for quite some time. Christ, you basically would have to be on your death bed to be able to get a script for Mj in NY, if they have their way. But at least it's a step in the right direction. I think it should be like Maine and Washington. No registration with the state, just a doctors recomendation. But were talking about NY. The Empire of greed. They will figure a way to make some money off it. You can guarantee that!

I hope smokin' joe brings it up today before the legislature.

:ying:

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just informed that it's not going to happen this session. I was told that Spitzer is going to make them come back in July to look at some more issues and it may get brought back up again then. Between now and then it is important for anyone to call Senators in NY and tell them you are in favor of this.......

Storm Crow

Veteran
They "ran out of time!"

They "ran out of time!"

In other words, copped out again! BUT they COULD do one of those special gatherings and "iron it out" there. The will of the people is supposed to be what the politicians base their actions on! And when 96% of the people agree on ANYTHING, the politicians BETTER listen!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/06/13/2007-06-13_spitzer_eyes_joint_decision.html?ref=rss

So email that poll to ALL of your politicians- not just your local homeboy! I'm a Californian, so they won't listen to me, but you, on the other hand, being in NY, can be heard by their "oh so selective" hearing! You are THEIR BOSS, and they have forgotten that- let them know of your displeasure (politely). Every email or letter (do both) is counted as the "voice" of a thousand voters- you CAN make a difference! Be an activist for just a single day- while you get the emails together, copy the email addresses and then send the list to all of your friends! Tell them to do the same! Here's a site with the emails of your politicians-

http://www.technotouch.com/NYSpoliticians.html

-Granny

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
bump

did anything ever happen with this?

S6303 RULES No Same as
Public Health Law
TITLE....Provides for medical use of cannabis

06/17/07 REFERRED TO RULES
01/09/08 REFERRED TO HEALTH