What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Young Seedlings

ckp

Hi guys (super newbie here)

I germinate my auto flowers using the paper towel method. Up until that point everything is fine (with usually 100% success rate). As soon as they pop (and have about an inch root) I transplant them to small pots. I don't have artificial lights and I leave in mediterranean (about 13-22 Celsius and 12 hours light circle at this point).

Now, here's the problem (and apologies for being so ignorant). If I leave them in a shaded place they small sprouts grows really tall and then they bent (I guess from the lack on sunlight). However if I leave them on direct sunlight they get burned in a matter of hours.
Any suggestions?
Thanks again

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to acclimate the seedlings to the bright sunlight. An hour or two at most for the first few days, then progressively longer for the next week or so until they are happy little plants getting a tan in all day sun.

Latest posts

Latest posts