What's new

Teaching a young dog old tricks - 4K+ grow

G.O.T.

first time for everything... including a full flush in week 5, Im half way thru,taking a break, been at it for 6h got another 4h to go.

Flushed 67 plants in 2 & 3 gallon pots 2x container size with florakleen (5ml/g) 6.2PH 0EC- truncheon didn't budge

1x with feed - .8EC 6.0ph

run off was off the charts (over 3.8ec). I got it to .2EC before adding light feed.

This is all I could figure to do... will probably slow them down a bit... Its done so no going back.

Been wanting to start a thread to track my progress, or lately, lack there of. So when my second grow in a row isn't looking to good I know I have to change something.

I've been growing in same house/space/tents for 3 years and everything was going great. getting over a Lb. per 1000w and all AAAA.

Grow Room:

4000w HPS spread over 3 spaces ( 2 tents + 1 closet )
400w MH Veg 3x3 tent moms
200w CFL's - clones/babies 2x2 tent + propagator

63 plant total in 3 and 2 gallon pots in Pro-Mix soilless medium

Using Dutch Master Gold full line - A&B - Zone (roots) - Silica - Add.27 (mineral add.)

using DM gold veg nutes

heat and humidity all in check with fans, filters, temp control meters, ect...

Like I said before, been having great success in this small space with this setup.

Strains I'm running right now are: Grape Stomper BX2 (don cut)
Pineapple (local sativa cut)
Aliendawg x chem91
Purple Dream
fire alien super skunk

last run sucked, big time... this one is in week 5, should have been looking promising, as veg and week 1-3 was looking great.

then week 4 i noticed small bud site development and other issues.

beginning of week 5, all the grape look like crap, wtf? then some aliendawgs start looking shitty... i got issues man...

fuck if I'm gunna let 2 go down without finding out my problem or finding a new path...

its a blessing in disguise really... probably lead me down the organics route one day...

I'm tired and wet and my shop Vac is too... neighbours must think I'm a clean freak lol.

I just heard a timer click... ughhh back to it... oh ya bought new bulbs all around just incase :comfort:

OhighO

Are you letting your pots dry out to much between feed and water cycles?
Better yet, tell us about your feed and watering regiment.

G.O.T.

Done finally.

.2 EC after flush... followed up with a feed of .8EC at PH 6

took me 12 hours to flush the 67 plants :petting:

happy its done... lets see what happens :whee:

G.O.T.

Are you letting your pots dry out to much between feed and water cycles?
Better yet, tell us about your feed and watering regiment.

I don't think so, but perhaps I am... I have always thought to let them dry out till the pot is light, but maybe Im taking it a day too long.

I feel I had left too much waste water after week 1 feed & foliar of "end all" (Pyrethrin based insecticide) ... I must have gotten lazy a few times.. its all I can think of... or a bad bottle of nutrients. or moms are passing on something...

My feed and water regime is - feed water feed water - PH 6.2 EC 1.3 - 1.9 highest - using Dutch master Gold full line using their calculator ( been working this system for 2-3 years)

in Pro-Mix soilless medium with 20% more perlite. hand water drain to waste.

thx for the inquiry , any other suggestions or comments much appreciated :tiphat:

G.O.T.

no change after the weekend... hopefully this flush does something and they pick up bud development.

G.O.T.

taking a while to dry out...

the PD's and fire skunks are drying out but every one of my older strains from my mothers are still kinda wet...

The bud/cola development on the older strains are not up to par, where as the new strains look like normal to exceptional bud development

is it possible my mothers are messed up sending a lock out thru to flower?

Having 2 bad grows in a row after years of successful ones is really getting at me... need to figure this out... bringing in new genetics but need to get to the bottom of this problem I seem to have developed

G.O.T.

Im going to water with plain tap water ph @ 6.2 when needed... probably just continue to water plain water till harvest... leaves are still super green at end of week 6

G.O.T.

true... I hate taking pics with my iPhone... gotta get a smaller cam for the forum

watered all plain water. fed moms EC 1.0 in preparation for cuttings...

frustrating this grow isn't panning out as I wanted... but I live and learn.

flushed plants under the 1000w lights look like they are developing buds nicely... 600's are still looking locked up...

I'm thinking PH swing caused lockout... and some strains got effected more than others. Im going to try a new nutrient line as well, size by side my DM Gold ... thinking GH or botanicare

G.O.T.

4x8 tent is looking OK... grape, pineapple and skunk all are locked up, small buds... super frosty.... but gunna be another shitty yield... gotta improve next run.

took 100 cuts, hopefully get a good amount popped. all Chem 91 x Alien & WiFi .. couple purple dreams...

chopping half in 9 days, then the chem's few days after that.

G.O.T.

dunno if the flush did much... yield looks on low side... have a new approach now hopefully I can get back to where I once was.

dipping clones in a azamax dip. 15ml per 5 gallon

Latest posts

Latest posts