What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hvac help please(furnace control panel)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody hvac savvy here ? I need to replace a control panel on my furnace. Its a honeywell st9120c4057. It still works it just needs pressure in the one corner on the thermostat wire screw thing and everything with my central air works. It was taped down for years, now its not really fixable unless i replace the panel. The tape always comes unstuck and it shuts off. So i ordered a new one and i was gonna have someone install it for me. Unless i can do it myself. Anyone think they can tell me how to do this in an effective simple way? Or link me to a how to? Any help is MUCH appreciated.....currently have no heat ac or airflow. Ordered the panel with expedited shipping. It should be here soon. Thanks!

W

willyweed

i have just had a quick look and it says the upgraded panel comes with the wiring instructions so should be straight forward ! i think they are made in the uk !

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a photo of the old one. The new one shipped today. Its supposed to be here tomorrow. Im gonna read the wiring instructions if they come with them i should be good. Im pretty capable i feel, i just dont want to do it wrong and possibly ruin any equipment. My hvac guy isn't answering his phone either so it looks like if i want heat I'm gonna have to fix it myself. Thanks for the input. Ill update once i get the part.

OhighO

I'm an hvac tech so I'll help as much as I can. Does your furnace have a wiring diagram on the door? If so I can tell you which wire to put wher on the universal part. Just be careful and make sure to turn the power off a
t the breaker before you start working.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok will do. I dont think there was a diagram on the outside. Its in my attic which is a huge bitch to get into so I'm gonna update everything when the part arrives. The honeywell control panel i ordered is identical to the one currently installed. Im very afraid that when i go to install it ill have the same problem. Its so odd that when the pressure is in the right spot everything works. The hvac tech who saw it said the panel needed to be replaced eventually. Hopefully once this is installed everything will work well. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Latest posts