What's new

Best way to train outdoor a guerilla grow?

crfhonda

I have never really trained my plants before and I wanted to start this year. I would really like to increase my yields. The challenge though is that I can not visit my plants regularly. If you growers could let me know the best way to train my plants I would appreciate the advice! Let me know if I should top, and at what point/height? Should I tie down? The strain that I am growing is Easy Sativa by female seeds.

I look forward to everyones friendly and helpful advice!!

S

Sat X RB

I 've never seen a yield comparison between trained and untrained plants that might prove this argument.

I never train my sativa. just let them grow BIG.

doesn't seem logical to me that cutting bits off sativa plant can make them produce more. production is due to the size of the root system and the amount of nutrients those roots take up, isn't it?

ok, so trim the bottom branches to let light and air inside the plant. but why would you cut one? aren't they too beautiful to cut?

Are you talking training for increased yield, or training for stealth....or both?
I personally have never trained with the sole intention of modifying the yield, so i cant really help you there, but i do however have some experience in doing it for the sake of stealth! Mainly it will be the strain you are growing (size wise) and the actual location that affects how you will want to train them.
In the past i have always just tied them down/bend them over (LST) whenever i considered them to be becoming to prominently visible from varying distances away. I will do this throughout the course of the entire grow regardless of growth stage.
For an even stealthier approach, on occasion I have also topped them very early on, leaving only 4 main lateral branches which i then stake down (bit like the spokes in a wheel) which means a nice low profile, but also can mean a larger footprint to be seen from the air....It all really does depend on your location/situation.
You may even want to consider growing a strain with more of an Indica dominance, for its shorter growth/maturation period and also shorter stature. Probably better suited for a stealth patch than a big, long season, monster Sativa.....that said, I prefer the sativa any day!

SneekyFarmer

Toping would give you wider bushes that are easier to see from a helicopter!!! If you want to increase your yeild's, put down more plant's! The trick is to be able to harvest... Tie em down with hemp twine if you can find some, it blends in good. Dont put all your plants in one location either.. If your have more than one spot, your chances of getting some flowers increases! Outdoor crops can be a bummer if ripper's or cops find your spot.. Search guerilla grow threads, Im sure there are some here somewhere..Good luck with your grow!

OhighO

Choppers look for Xmas tree shapes and abnormally dark green. One solution is to spread a cheap slow release fert all around your grow area...

Marcellas

Veteran
I used the LST as mentioned above, which does work great and creates a lot of new growth.. But now I mainly supercrop, bending the top branch at the top so it's bent over but doesn't break. The top branch slowly recovers while the side branches catch up to it, creating multiple tops

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Just my 2 cents about training, if you looking for max yield, avoid topping too much since that will slow the plant down for a few days, supercropping slows it down too, just not as much.

If you can, go with LST, plants barely get stressed and you can maximize yield.

You also gotta consider that if you don't top, your buds will most likely be denser and bigger, which can be a problem if you are battling with wet weather late in the season, so it might be better to top a few times and then just LST to ensure buds get smaller and more air vent!

Peace!

crfhonda

Easy sativa is a great mold resistant strain so I am not worried about mold. I will do some side by side LST and un tranned plants this year and decide for myself! I have beeen intrigued by LST so I am going to give it a whirl this year.

supermanlives

Veteran
I used to train my plants in one spot to the thorny berry bushes. they blended in well too and were supported. there is no best way really