What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaf Thinning in KFB Setup?

Greenja

I know Krusty says he clips none of the large fan leaves during mid to late flowering. I didn't last grow either, but I did some tucking under of leaves. But I'm not sure.....this ogre has some leaves that are nearly 10-12"'s wide near the top and sides, not to mention all the side budsites being blocked by larger leaves as well...so I wanted to see the thoughts/opinions of fellow tree growers.

"bring it ON!" as our dumbass prez so stupidly said hehehe

greenja

edit: this does not include all the under canopy 'sucker' branches I removed from bottom 1 1/2 ft.

krusty

dewd i feel for yas...

i personally trash any strain that needs to have leaves plucked....

on paper or in text book rules kinda thingy you never want to pul leaves....too many folks say you needthem for sugar production and it stressed out the plant when you pull leaves...

myself i see stress yes....and i tend to agree you want to keep as many leaves as possible to keep up the sugar production...

but when the leaves are blocking the buds it truely sucks...i posted a pix of some shit i use to give the plants a bit more stretch...that might help....but i have come accross strains that i would toss cause to me pulling leaves is bad:/ and on strains where i have pulled them to let more light in...i found the hairs turned orange much faster:/

i like the structure of BOG's LCD.....of course my BCBB....and now i seen another strain that looks purty sweet....SQ has this ak47 or some shit...ahs nice formation.....but kinda waiting to see how it does in the buckets....even tho i think the lad is kinda fucking up and might have some probs before he truely pushes his strain to the limits...

but ya try and look at these strains i mentioned and try and get that sorta structure then you wont need to worry about plucking leaves:/

peace

krusty

Greenja

kool man, i'll see if i can get some closeup pics of those to compare...but yeah, pulling leaves does seem a bit unnatural and would impair the photosynthesis. Guess you're right trying to find and grow successfully a plant w/ the right stem/leaf ratio.

thx for the interesting thoughts krusty

greenja

DRGrow

Light on buds?

Light on buds?

Okies,

I am going to prove what a dumbass I am with this question, but what the hell. I never claimed to be smrt.

Does it matter if the light is actually shining on the bud?? If the light is hitting any part of the plant, isnt it taken into the plant and distributed to where it is needed most (bud during flowering stage and stem/branches/leaves during veg stage).

I noticed in my KFB grow, there were some areas of the plant (blocked by fan leaves) that were receiving very little dircet light, but there were some serious buds there.

Your botanist retard friend.

DG

Greenja

LOL...no biggie at all man. ya gotta ask to learn!

But yeah, the buds have to have direct light to really kick it and develop full lush buds. if ya dont cut the big leafs away, you can just bend them out of the way.

greenja

BigTreez

hmmm...i am staring to think my starin is no good for kfb...plants are srubby like...short and bushy.....maybe cuz i allways kept the plants and light realy tight...i just moved the lights up and away hoping my shit will strech a bit.......my strain is BBxTrainwreck....or so thats what i was told........do any of you guys have any recomdations for a good supplyer that has some proven genetics for my kfb setup....... cuz i want to have somthing ready to put in the buckets soon as i finish this grow

Greenja

well how high is the lights?..the tip should be above top of canopy.....and what about nuts?...keeping the plants on veg for first 14dysish encourages stretching. just 2 thoughts that popped into my empty head lol

greenja

BigTreez

yeah the tips r now like 2 ft above ...this is just cuz i grown them into shrubs...and i really want them to try to strech...what do u mean what about the nuts?....u talking bout nutes?....i am gona have to figure somthing out..maybe frozen bottels when it gets hot outside........umm.....14 day veg...i am allready on like 3 1/2 week and they are like a foot and a half tall and maybe 2 feet wide........what was that stuff krusty was talking about that he said he used b4 for streching?......