What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabiogen female seeds?

G

Hi folks

First, let me say that is dubi objects to this thread being in the ACE forum, please feel free to delete, but i thought it was a good place to ask as Charlie hangs around here.

I noticed on the front page of the GSA shop today they are selling 5 packs of female Leshaze seeds and female Destroyer seeds. No other info and couldn't see any mntion on the CBG website.

Anyone tell me about these seeds? I've had good results with Female seeds strains like Zamal/Haze and Purple Power, but the less said about my experiences with DP and GHS feminised/female beans the better, so I'm a bit wary fo female seeds. I have to say though, the female leshaze and destroyer sound very interesting for growing 12/12 from seed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello British_Hempire!

I think you have already talked with Charlie about it privatly before i could reply ;)

Cannabiogen breeders are good friends and part of ACE Seeds too. Your question is also in the right place here, no problem. :)

Cannabiogen are distributing their first feminized seeds (5 seeds packs), Leshaze and Destroyer are the first ones to be in feminized form. We are also
testing this season feminized seeds of our commercial strains like Congo. And maybe next year start to distribute feminized seeds.

Last edited:
G

Thankyou dubi, I have talked with Charlie, I should have asked him by PM, sorry.

I prefer normal male/female seeds myself as if I find a strain I really like I like to make seeds for my future use so males are not a problem for me, but I do see the value of female seeds especially for outdoors and small spaces where males would take up valuable space. For both cases, I would prefer a clone, but not everyone has the facilities to make clones and keep mothers. It can be soul destroying to kill off very fine looking beautiful plants because they have turned out male, and outdoors, you can grow a plant for months into a lovely big bush only to find out it's male, so I imagine in Spain, where outdoor growing is so poular and so many people have a small number, 4 or 5 plants outside for their own personal stash, 5 packs of female seeds will prove to be very popular.

I am very glad to see that CBG and ACE are taking a proper approach and properly testing the strains chosen for feminisation, when Dutch Passion and Greenhouse just release feminised versions of their strain catalogue you know they haven't done the rigourous testing to identify the true females with intersex traits that are suitable for selfing.

C

charlie garcia

HI BH, thank for your amability and politeness. I told Dubi to delete this thread as not related directly to ACE. Seems he is not paying me much attention LOL Well if is good to show ACE works, thats fine for me. Admins have the chance to delete it if they think is not right here. Not problems.Thx

Well... its a hard question. There can be good or bad arguments and maybe all are valid. I am personally worried about genepool which can be into this present femminized market and thinking about the fact that our future can be too narrow in geneticpool avalilable if in femminized form only. Seems magazines and publicity pay lots of attention to them whatever we say or we dont say. Market goes its way.

Its so true intersexed shouldnt be bred for commercial purposes but most lines in wild cultivars we worked in the past and use to work have such trait from time to time and more or less pronounced or hidden and after decades in the wild. And its so hard to fully erradicate. Our tests have shown us how sensitive femminized react under stress. So we work on a delicate and thin line here... I am sure many hybrids and strains around wont fit such fair sex criteria. But we will try to do our best although I repeat, with certain lines only.

best

Last edited:
G

Yes, that is the crux of the matter, not all lines will be completely free of intersex traits, 'true' females that are impossible to stress into showing an intersex trait are not all that common according to what I've read, and there is a fascinating discussion of this very issue in the Hermaphrodite thread. That is why I am so suspicious of DP and GHS feminised releases, they have released pretty much every strain in their catalogue in feminised form. Are we to believe that they rigourously tested every line they sell with all kinds of tests and stress in order to identify true females and theat in every line they found a true female? It seems more likely they weren't so rigourous as it would take years of massive effort to test so many lines and plants. The problem really multiplies if someone grow a feminised seed with a hidden intersex trait and grows it well with little stress and therefore does not see the intersex trait expressed. That plant is then cloned or used to make seeds and they are shared with other people and then that intersex trait has been spread, not a good thing.