What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for dubi

G

Hey dubi , I have a question for you it you could be so kind. I had a friend give me some santa marta colombian gold seeds that are from the 80`s he has since gone offline. I was wondering if you could look through this thread at the pictures and give me your opinion as to what you think about it being a smcg or not. If so , Id like to pick up a few of your strains and cross them to it. Your panama is beautiful by the way , she`d be the first I grab. Thanks for your time as I value your opinion highly.
I would have pm`ed you with this but as you see Im not at the 50 post limit to do so. I had a few people tell me they think its an asian because of the time it takes to finish.
Thanks again Dubi

Crow

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day crippledcrow,

very interesting sativas you have there! :rasta:

There are many columbian gold subvarieties or versions. Some of the 'modern' santa martas can grow quite compact and fast flowering (indica influence), quite similar to a skunk but a little more sativa.

The tropical old columbian gold grows more like the plants you are posting, 100 % pure sativas with lots of very thin lime green leaf and long colas when grown correctly. Aromas are lemony, spicy and floral, at least the ones i have finished here (thanks to Chaman friend). The high is very very euphoric and energetic (high THC/very low CBD), it can produce easily anxiety. The finished buds look greeny and yellow after curing. If your flowering times are around 4-5 mounths then you have a very good chance that you are growing a real columbian gold strain.

Im sorry i can not help more but i hope you can keep us updated with the late flowering, maybe we can find something more. Good luck, looksvery promising! dubi

Last edited:
G

Thanks for your reply Dubi , I would of posted sooner but theres a ten post per 24 hours and well I couldnt until now. The first two pics here are at 18 weeks, yeah long time to go . Again these pics are from my friend who gifted them, he took a sample at the same time the first two picture were tooken and quick dryed it and smoked it. At 18 week the high was very very very up and heavy on the black pepper taste, I lost contact with him after that chat but he was in love with it . He did joke that it was going to take a year to finish on a 12/12 cycle. this is all the info I have , Ill start some in sept and hopefully in Jan will have seeds to spread to a selected few tp retain the line and do with what they will. If you would like a crack at it when the time comes let me know and Ill get some in bulk to you to test and find the best parents you feel are right to continue with. I imagine its a farmed line so they are likely f100`s or so. The closest Ive seen in resemblence is a smcg done by aldous< sp in the spanish thread, . Thanks for the help man, it was more then helpful.

peace
Crow

Last edited:

spicecowboy

Wow!

Wow!

Whatever it is:

This one looks like a very nice tropical Sativa.

And why should he have lied to you?

I guess there is a very good chance you really got some original Santa Marta Gold here, and that would be a real treasure.

I love those good old Satties, and most of the time prefer them over modern strains, because they have character!

Very nice pictures,- any update?

spice