What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

straight from a pyschatrists mouth: sativa is bad for antipsychotics users

positivity

Veteran
Last I remember no weed was recommended for psychotic, schizophrenic, or bipolar types. Don't think the slight different buzz will make much a difference. Especially when you consider a light sativa vs heavy indica.

But, hey, if you can smoke without hurting anyone I ain't gonna tell

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My theory is that we are all psychotic anyway - anything with a brain is psychotic.(has the capacity to be)

- and some 'erb is better for us than other 'erb - we just have to find 'The One' - that fits with our psychosis - and makes it better (or sometimes worse).

* - well that's the simple/stupid non-technical explanation - lol

Early warning signs before psychosis

A worrisome drop in grades or job performance.
Trouble thinking clearly or concentrating.
Suspiciousness or uneasiness with others.
A decline in self-care or personal hygiene.
Spending a lot more time alone than usual.
Strong, inappropriate emotions or having no feelings at all.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Check, check, check, check, check, check. This winter is gonna kill me.
But I'm gonna fix all that once I get to South America in a few weeks.

Hum... I'm wondering if full spectrum grow lights are good for Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Dog Star

Veteran
Last I remember no weed was recommended for psychotic, schizophrenic, or bipolar types. Don't think the slight different buzz will make much a difference. Especially when you consider a light sativa vs heavy indica.

But, hey, if you can smoke without hurting anyone I ain't gonna tell

Maybe you didnt read but high doses of quality CBD concetrates
can treat this mental illnesses you mention..

they maybe need to avoid THC dominant strains but not cannabis
total,CBD as natural anti-psychotic was already showed good results
in treating psychosis,anxiety even was given to schizophrenics
and there is a promising results..

try to google,you will found bunch of medical texts on this thematic..

burmese

yes TYCHOMONOLITH,,, no seasonal affective disorder, after i begin to use EXOterra 26w cfl natural light for me //as for human use//,, price around 25eur here but quality nice light and more active also under it. Only bad its they shine good only 1 year if 2-6hours daily

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm gonna be on a search growing different strains until i find one that suits me. I highly dislike indicas, they make me unproductive which i already am from my depression.

Having a really rough go of it right now, the meds I'm on only help so much. The holidays usually bring out the worst of my mental illness.

The meds do make me feel calmer, but i do have bouts where my PTSD flares up & i feel on edge, aggressive, & paranoid.

Dog Star

Veteran
I'm gonna be on a search growing different strains until i find one that suits me. I highly dislike indicas, they make me unproductive which i already am from my depression.

Having a really rough go of it right now, the meds I'm on only help so much. The holidays usually bring out the worst of my mental illness.

The meds do make me feel calmer, but i do have bouts where my PTSD flares up & i feel on edge, aggressive, & paranoid.

You are mine bro... :) have same issues like you and maybe harder
in some moments.. heeh,understand you totally as mine sympthoms
are same like yours..

eat good,try to train or move outside tough i get its hard to move
when depression kicks,unmotivational ciclus is unpossible to avoid..

quality nutrition helps,try to use psycho-biotics(probiotics that are
maded to improve mental states),buy a dog or goes to shelter to
addopt one and then you will have friend that will raise your
spirit in a dark days.. dogs give oxytocines back,they help
you feel more happy.. thats what you need in the end..

Try Headbanger from KarmaG,i found this strain is great for what
bothers me,it kicks both head and body,i found this kind of balanced
but in same time strong highs made me feel well and then i feel
less sympthoms of PTSD..

And for end wish you a Happy New 2019 and lot of improved health..

Kind regards :tiphat:

L

larry badiner

I’ve had a lot of luck with bubblegum autos, i got an oz out 3 plants, but all 3 seem to get the voices out and stabilize me, aside from panic attacks from benzo withdrawal, but bubblegum has about 1.5% cbd and it’s about 16% thc

Could bubblegum be the link between cbd research? Cause when the med scene popped in the 90s EVERYONE wanted bubblegum in high school

Dog Star

Veteran
CBD is definitly cannabionids you need to look more often then THC if you
hear voices..

Did you try pure CBD extracts with low THC content??

Will love to hear your experiences if you have some..

L

larry badiner

CBD is definitly cannabionids you need to look more often then THC if you
hear voices..

Did you try pure CBD extracts with low THC content??

Will love to hear your experiences if you have some..

I have some pure cbd extract in a pen, I hit it like crazy before bed and wake up feeling so good

Dog Star

Veteran
I have some pure cbd extract in a pen, I hit it like crazy before bed and wake up feeling so good

Bro.. if you hear voices then only CBD for you or atleast strains that are 2:1 in favor of CBD,maybe you could also those 1:1.. dont joke
with your health if you sees that high THC made your medical problems more difficult..

Did you tryed SSSDH Ojd cut???

She haves 10% of THC and 6% of CBD.. am have PTSD and that strain was good for me,it was gentle for mind,made you calmer
and feeling good..

If you have chance to try it give us report back how you like it her.... also try other high CBD strains,maybe will be best for
you to eat CBD extracts and lower a smoking totally if you can..

smoking can low your lung capacity and its overall not healthy,i know that people with mental problems have very hard time
for smoke cesation to suceed properly so i will not judge you if you cant do it.. but i know for sure its helps to cope
better with illness if you do this step..

Kind regards Larry,wish best for your health... :tiphat:

L

larry badiner

Bro.. if you hear voices then only CBD for you or atleast strains that are 2:1 in favor of CBD,maybe you could also those 1:1.. dont joke
with your health if you sees that high THC made your medical problems more difficult..

Did you tryed SSSDH Ojd cut???

She haves 10% of THC and 6% of CBD.. am have PTSD and that strain was good for me,it was gentle for mind,made you calmer
and feeling good..

If you have chance to try it give us report back how you like it her.... also try other high CBD strains,maybe will be best for
you to eat CBD extracts and lower a smoking totally if you can..

smoking can low your lung capacity and its overall not healthy,i know that people with mental problems have very hard time
for smoke cesation to suceed properly so i will not judge you if you cant do it.. but i know for sure its helps to cope
better with illness if you do this step..

Kind regards Larry,wish best for your health... :tiphat:

I don’t really like diesel, at all, hurts my throat. Bubblegum is ok, a local club got a heavy stash of bubblegum so I can get that when things get extreme. Gotta realize one day they could cure ptsd, but schizophrenia might never be cured, no matter how much work and time you put into it. I know with ptsd it’s something with the smell of the battlefield, with schizophrenia you’re trying to find the one thing that’s wrong with yourself, it could be a smell, an image, a location, or just faulty engineering. But I’ve seen the vets with ptsd in the psych ward, god bless em. Good people, just wont stop screaming in their sleep.

Cigarettes and smoking man, that’s another story, I smoke for religious reasons (shaolin trained venturing into the vedas)

The biggest shocker in my life was getting a bag of harlequin from my dealer and I didn’t get high, I just felt normal and slightly sedated lol

I’ll try to experiment with more cbd strains, bubblegum autos are the ticket in this house. Small yields, done from 2 months from seed, and a good 2 week cure with boveda leads to really good meds

Also thank you for posting in my thread Dog Star, it’s br awesome if you pumped out clean meds for sick patients, you know how it goes

Last edited:

HeyImVegan

I listened to the wisdom and grew only indica or hybrids for years. Anxiety got unbearable though. Decided to try the sativas a couple years back and boom, no more anxiety, like pretty much gone.

Generalization is fine but do not think there are not exceptions. I am an exception.

Exceptions are more common than the generalization in reality. The stuff read online never aligns with reality.

Nextgeneration73

you heard it from Larry, I switched from indica from sativa from a heavy antipsychotic regime and I feel so much better

this doctor works with a medicare insured company and sadly I cannot give out any names or relevant info

I may not be as creative as I can normally be, I'm more sedated but I can think clearer and im less paranoid

I can also help tune out voices better

after this crop of auto bubblegum im growing nothing but indica, leaving the sativa for special occasion

the best I can imagine would be a 20/80 sativa indica with a lot of cbd for me, so ill be hitting the seeds

good luck and happy holidays
How do Antipsychotics effect people who smoke Sativa? What if a person has lowered the dose to the minimum but uses a trippy Sativa strain?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ You wont know till you try. They use mdma and other trippy drugs such as shrooms to treat depression and ptsd. Pot can be every bit as trippy and illuminating and changing as the other drugs and smoking it is safer in my mind. Intense part lasts less than an hour every time.

Trouble is that many of the really good trippy lines have died out. There was not a demand as they can cause anxiety. Most people just want to feel mellow. The stuff that can cause changes is a bit edgy or can be real intense. It can be found with effort as many of the old lines are still around.

The Cambodian that hyp3rids sells is not so edgy and yet has that healing vibe. The Cambodians killed 20% of the people there in the 70's so about everyone has ptsd.

you heard it from Larry, I switched from indica from sativa from a heavy antipsychotic regime and I feel so much better

this doctor works with a medicare insured company and sadly I cannot give out any names or relevant info

I may not be as creative as I can normally be, I'm more sedated but I can think clearer and im less paranoid

I can also help tune out voices better

after this crop of auto bubblegum im growing nothing but indica, leaving the sativa for special occasion

the best I can imagine would be a 20/80 sativa indica with a lot of cbd for me, so ill be hitting the seeds

good luck and happy holidays
You would like Himalayan landrace sativas without a trout.