What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening baba'
hope your week is off to a great start my man!
can you believe that next week its the 4rth? to me that means summer is in full swing
today started off cold and rainy and its pretty much going to be gloomy all day
whatevers, its light till after 8p and the weather isnt that bad
/im in shorts flip flops and a hoody
papaya is another fruit that has that enzyme that helps tenderize meat
i like using ornages because they bring some sweetness with them but not sugary
so i grilled up some meat this weekend but we also made a chicken salad
the mrs got one of those roasted chickens thurs; but we were kind of busy this weekend so we dident really get to eat it
sunday, we shred it up and made a chicken salad with the meat; the stuff came out bomb!
ive been adding red/yellow peppers to the chicken dishes ive been making lately and im really digging on the flavor
/roasted chicken, chopped onion/peppers and some good dijon mustard and maybo; couldent get more easy
jollybees isnt bad, but it is sure different
you are right about the spagetti being sweeter, a friend said its because they use catsup in their red sauce
but its totaly island style american cooking and i like the flavors
lumpia can have veggies in them too but most are most meaty, the best ones ive ever had were at a friend house and his mom would put potatoe in her beef mix
ive had those chineese rolls too, where itrs mostly cabbage and veg with just a hint of meat
i once got a big package of frozen lumpia from the store and they were pretty good
/you gotta get this spicy sweet and sour sauce to dip them in
yeah goff had some great games last season and can really put up the numbers when he gets hot
but like you said, he can struggle against the better teams

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It will be interesting to see how the Rams O starts off the season. I don’t think Kupp will be back week 1, or maybe he will, he seems to be a fast healer, but even then it might take half a season for him to regain his old form. Gurley of course is coming off some knee issues that really made him a non-factor during the playoffs, that had to have hurt the offense, he’s basically a TD machine when rolling. So Goff might have to carry this team again, he was ok during the playoffs up until the superbowl, and even then he had a chance at a brandin cooks TD. Goff has been good enough that you dont really want to move on from him if youre not sure the next guy can be just as good or better. Heh, maybe bortles can uncork some magic, he's bigger and more mobile than goff, if he can give you 85% of what goff does for 30% of the price, that might make sense.

I hope July and august have some nice weather, not too hot of course but it’s summer, that’s to be expected. At least I’ll be able to do some bbq-ing.

Im going to have to make a chicken salad one of these days, you make them seem like the bomb. And I can see why, tuna salad is good but chicken would be even better than some cheap canned fish.

My mom wasn’t that great of a cook (not saying she was bad though) so when she made spaghetti she’d put a generous squirt of ketchup in the meat sauce to get more tomato flavor in there, so im used to a sweet spaghetti sauce. Then one time I had pasta at my friends house and his mom was a good cook, had some bomb ass rigatoni and garlic bread that I slurped up, I was like “oh, that’s what Italian food is supposed to be”.

You’ll find a lot of cured meats (hot dogs, spam) in some Asian cooking where US soldiers had bases, like korea and the Philippines. I think the US had to send a lot of canned foods to feed their soldiers because they didn’t need to be refrigerated, and maybe soldiers would pass them out to the locals or war refugees, so the local citizens got a taste for that stuff. Cured, heavily salted and fatty meat products aren’t healthy for u, but better than starving.

I might get some frozen egg rolls at sam’s next time, I know they have it, cant be any worse than the crap they hand out at Chinese takeouts. Although there was this one hole in the wall restaurant I went to a few times that actually had high quality egg rolls, decent amount of meat in them (pork and chicken I think) and it came with this really good sweet sauce, looked like watery honey, tasted sweet, maybe not so much sour.
If I need a dipping sauce for Asian food I tend to whip up some soy sauce, sweet rice vinegar/wine, sesame oil, maybe some extra sugar mixed well in there for more sweetness, maybe some chili powder for heat and minced onions for body. I could put a dash of fish sauce in there for a little more sourness/funk but usually dont. It’s not really like sweet and sour sauce, it’s saltier and dark colored, but it tastes better than the crap they give out in those condiment packets.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
my mom is asian and cooks the hardcore chineese food
not like the stuff you get at panda express, but like real stuff
i prefer the american version
right now im using this roasted pineapple and habenero sauce, kind of sweet and sour and spicy
we have this other roasted pepper sauce thats even better, more sweet than spicy but i cant find the bottle atm
i like your sauce, it souns like it hits a lot of the flavors and the sesame oil would give it a bit of toastedness
ive made my own meat egg rolls before and they came out awesome
but its one of those thigns where you spend like 45m prep
yeah i love my chicken salads and its a great way to use up the left over rotisserie chicken
i think the trick is adding the pickles and other flavors to it
at first i would just add the onions and celery, just like good tuna salad but im on a bell pepper kick right now so im adding them a lot this summer
we will see how goff plays this season
hes going to want a big payday his next contract and is it worth paying him that much
but you are right that they might give up a little productivity at the qb position but it could save them tens of millions in cap space
i guess we will see how he plays and go from there
hope you are having a great week my man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Is it weird that goff played like an mvp most of last year and led his team to the superbowl but the rams are in no rush to extend him, but the cowboys look poised to give Dak Prescott, a significantly inferior passer, 30M a year?
Well, Dak wasn’t a 1st rd pick so his contract was for 4 yrs, not 5, but the ‘boys could franchise him if they wanted to delay giving him a big extension. I know everyone wants to give mcvay credit for goff’s success, but goff was the #1 overall pick for a reason. That would be wild if they moved on from him, but it was pretty wild when the cardinals moved on from rosen after 1 year. Even the colts, when they let Peyton go after drafting Luck, that had to have been a hard decision.

Some of the hardcore Asian dishes don’t appeal to an American palate, that’s for sure. I tend to prefer the more Americanized Asian dishes also. Have you ever seen Rick and Morty, the cartoon show? It’s not really a kid show. They make fun of panda express a few times, calling their food ‘sugared chicken’. Fwiw, I like panda express, and not just their orange chicken. And their egg rolls aren’t great but theyre not crap either.
Me and the woman made some egg rolls earlier this year, I cheated though by using already cooked meat (chopped up a ham on the bone) and a bagged sams club salad that was mostly cabbage and kale, so I didn’t have to do much prep work except for stir frying the ham and salad in a pan, letting it cool, then wrapping the mix into egg roll skins and gluing them shut with a bit of egg wash. And of course frying them, but they cooked quick, a minute or so each side over medium high heat. Turned out well, we gorged on egg rolls (made like 20 of them) for the next few days, which didn’t do wonders for our health but that was to be expected. She actually bought another package of egg roll skins so im going to have to make some more sometime, once I figure out a filling. I have a bunch of frozen food, including shrimp and corn, that I need to use up, maybe that’ll work.

Ive gotten a bunch of sauces as hand me downs, lots of interesting ones like Punjabi pickle, chili spice garlic ones, curry ones, etc etc. I’ve hardly tasted any of them although the woman has tried some and said theyre good. I just havent made any food that could really use one of those sauces, but maybe im not trying hard enough.

Pickles and bell peppers sound like they would go great in a chicken salad, ill have to keep that in mind if and when I make mine. I usually always have pickles on hand, sometimes but not always bell peppers.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i agree that the rams are sure draggin their feet with regard to resigning goff, but i think hes going to be around for a long time
my thinking is they are waiting to see how he plays this next season and go from there
/but hes in that class of qbs who are playoff/ superbowl caliber players so hes going to get paid one way or the other
i am a big fan of rick and morty! the show is hilarious
ham and kale salad sounds interesting and i bet it came out really good
i usually use a ground beef/turkey mix
make sure its crumbled kind of small because you dont want to over fill your egg rolls
i add the cole slaw mix from costco, (basically finely shredded cabbage with carrots) and a bunch of sauces and let it sit for a minute before i roll up the egg rolls
also i think the size is important, i try and keep them about the diameter of my thumb, say no biggerthan a nickle in size
my friends family makes his like dime sized and they are mostly just beef but they are super good
/straight up fried wrapper and meat
the punjabi pickle sounds kind of good! we recently got some stuff from aldis that is like an indian style catsup with a lot of curry and sweet taste

so check this out, i recently wons this cool contest hosted by stRA andi get to choose one seedsman strain
im kind of wondering what to pick and would like your input (as well as anyone else who posts here)
what would you choose and why?
im thinking i have a day or two to think about it but i would like to get back to him before this weekend

hope your week is wrapping up nicely and just think that in one weeks time we will be getting ready for the fireworks!
its summertime and the livings easy!

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man everytime I pop in here,my mouth starts watering,and it has nothing to do with football.
Some of you guys should start a catering business.
Not even joking

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Heh, yeah NE, we talk a lot about food here, but I figure it's all good because so much of football is about the food you eat during a game, grilling meats, ordering pizza, making burgers and sandwiches, etc. Plus during the offseason there's not so much football news.
Btw, how r u doing? Enjoying the summer? Bruins lost the stanley cup to the blues, and celtics didnt do so well in the playoffs, but i guess you have the red sox to look forward to until the nfl starts again...

Congrats on winning the contest, Pop! Seems like Seedsman 2019 strains are focused on more high CBD, low or medium levels of THC. Not sure if that's what you want, or maybe it is? Their 2018 strains seem interesting, everything sounds good. Theyre all feminized too. Im not sure if i ever grew fem seeds, i think there are supposedly drawbacks to it?

Anyway, I'd suggest two for you: the Afghan Kush Fem because it sounds like a great hash producer and the Amnesia Fast Fem because it has more of an uplifting, head high and also finished fast like an indica (both strains are 60 day flowerers).

But really, they all sound good, I guess it just depends on what fits your needs. Outdoor/indoor? Space restrictions (height, etc?). Do you want something that can finish in 90 days or 120 (including seedling & veg time which is about 30 days)? What kind of high youre looking for? I've always been someone who wanted a more energetic than couchlock high since getting baked can make me slow and lazy, but most strains are indica/sativa mixes anyway, and i think how fast you harvest can affect type of high just as much as genetics can. For example i think if you harvest when trichs are still cloudy but not amber it's more of a head high, and when you chop when theyre all amber it's more of a body high.

But who knows anymore, I've had to take my mj through edibles lately, and it's all body high there i think...

I made my egg rolls pretty thick, like mini burritos, so eating 2-3 is actually like a meal. The ham wasnt a traditional filler, i would have preferred beef, but it wasnt bad, let you know there was like real meat in there. And I stirfried the cabbage and ham together with some seasonings (forget what i used, but soy sauce, rice vinegar, maybe some hoison?) and then made and fried the egg rolls. Do you cook the filling before hand? Since the egg roll wrapper cooks so fast, im not sure the filling will cook much before the skin is fully brown.

The Bengals 1st rd pick, OL jonah williams, has surgery to repair a torn labrum (shoulder) and is out for all of this season. Cincy is expected to be one of the worst teams this year, and this certainly doesnt help. And you pointed out also Pop they might trade AJ Green, who's also up for a new contract extension.

On the bright side, if they do wind up with a top draft pick, there's some good qb's coming out next year, so maybe they can find someone who's better than the red rifle.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
the bengals could be near the top of the draft next year, but they have to be ready to move on from andy dalton
it looks like hes signed through 2020 so they could very well draft a new qb
aj green is a top reciever and could help out a lot of teams; it would help out the bengals by giving them some extra draft pics and whatever else they could get in trade, help out aj green and most of all help out his new team
i think in the right offense green could put up decent numbers
i cook the meat before using it in the egg rolls, kind of like i do with rolled tacos
ive had egg rolls like you discribe as well as thinner ones and evrything in between
/other popular shapes are the wonton crown and the folded pouch shape
we have a mold thing that we use sometimes too, where you put in the wrapper and then the filling before closing the two halves together; it has crimping along the edge to help seal the whole thing but i still run a wet finger over the edge (or use egg wash like you mentioned)
thats for the suggestions brother!
there are so many new strains to choose from
i have a pretty decent stash of seeds too, both commercial and those gifted by friends who grow too
i noticed that there are a lot of high cbd strains too but i think im going for something high thc to grow indoors over the winter
hope you had a great week brother and are all set for a fun and relaxing weekend

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, Dalton is being paid an avg of 16M/yr, which is now below avg for an ok starter, so it’s not like he’s being overpaid. He’s only had one pretty good year recently, I think back in 2015 when hue Jackson was the OC, he was actually a top 7 or 8 qb statistically before getting hurt with a month left in the season. That was the last time he was actually a worthy start in fantasy leagues. I remember distinctly I had picked him up in 2014 in a 2QB league and he disappointed, finishing with a 19-17 td-int ratio, which are jay cutler numbers. Then the next year he was like almost 4-1 td-int ratio and an elite #2 qb in 2qb leagues. I always seem to pick guys one year too early or one year too late.
Since then dalton’s just been ok, never approaching 30tds in a season or better than a 2-1 td-int ratio. He’s pretty good when aj green and his O-line is healthy but without a good team around him he’s not able to elevate his performance.
Im wondering what sort of market aj green would have, he’s been hurt seemingly every year recently, last year he had surgery to repair toe ligaments. Plus he’s 30 and wants a new deal. Antonio brown is the same age (both 30, turning 31 next month) but has been injury free and still very productive, and the steelers only got what, a 3rd and a 5th for him? Maybe green will go for a 4th and a 5th this season if he passes a physical.

You use a mold for egg rolls or for dumplings? Ive often wondered about making my own crab rangoons, it’s one of my favorite things at Chinese restaurants, even when theyre not great (little crab and imitation crab at that) it’s fried cream cheese so still pretty good so long as theyre not stale. If I actually used a good amount of real crab (not cheap I know) I bet mine would be so much better…

Do u check the trichs with pocket microscope or magnifying glass when growing, to check ‘doneness’? Or u just go by flowering times on the seed packet and chop then?
I figure any of their feminized, high thc strains would be good for you, you wouldn’t have to check for males during early flowering, not that that's a big deal. Have you ever accidentally seeded a crop? So long as it’s not too heavily seeded, it might be a happy accident, could get some dank ass crosses that way…

I got a brisket and will try to make some kickass smoked brisket soon, will post pics on how it turns out. Wish me luck brother. If this turns out good I expect ill be making a lot more of them during football season!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
brisket is fun to cook and i hope it turns out awesome!
ive found the odd seed from time to time, but im mostly growing for buds
i have one of those pocket microscopes, those things are rad
i also have a jewlers loupe too and its a trip to look at buds up close
ive made the crab rangoons at home and they are beyond dank
like you said, get some cream cheese, scallion and good crab meat (juicer the better)
i go light on seasonings because its all about the cream cheese and crab witha some onion
for those i do this crown wrap where you fold it into a tri-angle with the filling in the middle, them take the ends of the triangle together to make this kind of crown thing
man, now im going to have to make some of those!
its a mold for dumplings but a good way to make them is to put some oil in a pan and get it med hot, throw inn a bunch of chopped garlic and then put your dumplings in the hot oil
let them sit a while so the crisp up on the bottom, then take like a 1/4 c water and throw it in and put a lid on the pan so they can steam
/sometimes i will make a sauce to go voer them too
hope your week is off to a great start, got plans for the 4rth?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ive already had to re-light the fire twice in the cooker, it went out overnight and then again this afternoon. Ugh, this is why I stopped using this thing. Ah well, I’ll get it right. Hopefully this hunk of meat will turn out edible.

If you find an odd seed or two, maybe those are feminized seeds? If you culled out all the males before they released pollen, and still found a seed or two in your females, aren’t those feminized seeds?
Let us know what strain you get from Seedsman. I heard of him back when I was still growing, nice to see he’s still in business.

I bet if I use a good quality canned crab meat I can make some kick-A rangoons. Maybe I’ll do it as a special occasion thing, like for thanksgiving or Christmas side dish.
Yeah, especially with frozen dumplings out of a bag you can pan fry them but it helps to steam them a bit too, otherwise you have hard, uncooked spots in the wrapper.

There’s an interesting article on espn about the death of the AAF. Basically they started the league without solid funding, and kept scrambling to meet their bills during the season. Reminds me of that disaster music festival, Fyre Festival, a couple years ago, that was started without enough money to really put it on and fell apart at the end. Saw a documentary on netflix about it.

I’m pretty sure vince mcmahon’s xfl won’t be a success either, I think youre right Pop, spring football is just too much football for the vast majority of football fans; the NFL and college is more than enough. But at least the xfl will be better funded from the start, I think mcmahon wants to invest 250M in it, so that should give it 2-3 seasons to actually become profitable before it folds.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
that sucks about the fire going out?
did you exhaust your fuel and run out of coals or did the coals just go out?
if nothing else, get a good smoke on it and you can always finish it off on the grill or in the oven
remember i saw what that grill looked like before you got her back up; youve come too far to turn back now baba with all the work youve put in
we all have bad runs here and there so dont let this one get you shook
yeah i think good quality canned meat is what you want to use unless you have a ton of meat in the shell that you dont want to eat
now im thinking i might have to fold a few rangoons myself soon
i ended going with the seedman gelatoOG; it has the cookies i was looking for plus a friend said it was good
ive found the odd seed in the lot but i always threw those out
my feeling is that those are from the parts most prone to hermie
i read that article in the espn magazine
it sounds like it was doomed from the start and maybe a few players werent acting in good faith
but ultimately i think unless the league (NFL) is behind a new start up ,it wont happen
hope your week is rocking and rolling brother, do you have thursday off?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think the AAF was doomed from the start because their primary funding came from reggie fowler, this former USFL player turned businessman. I guess he tried to buy the Vikings 15 years ago but didn’t pass the financial vetting process. Charlie Ebersol checked his accounts and saw he had a bunch of money but when the aaf got started his checks kept getting delayed, he was supposed to put 15M/week into the league but they almost didn’t have enough to start training camp. And earlier this year fowler got charged with money laundering or something, he was trying to hide cryptocurrency transactions as real estate deals (his co-defendant was some Israeli businessman) so it seems like he was shady from the start. That’s why Ebersol was desperate for another source of cash 2 weeks into the season and got Dundon, the hurricanes owner, as an investor. And dundon acknowledged he jumped into the aaf without realizing he’d lose a hundred million a season with little hope of eventual profit, so that’s why he shut it down before the end of the season.

I have the 4th off but expect ill be busy with cooking and chores and stuff. Plus it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so that won’t be too fun.
Youre doing some grilled chicken and burgers tomorrow? Sounds fun. Is it chicken breasts or whole pieces? Any marinade or seasonings other than salt and pepper? I think a little worchestershire or even fish sauce in the ground beef can add a depth of umami flavor to the burger. Just a dash per lb you don’t want it to overwhelm the beef flavor...

The brisket turned out ok, not as much meat as I thought it would be, and there was more fat inside the meat than I realized. I sliced it up and and ill take some pics and post them, took a few slices and made a nice sandwich but other than that not sure it was worth the effort, could have bought some cheap top round and smoked it and then made an Italian beef style sandwich with a little au jus. Maybe ill do that next though this meat should last a bit.

Yeah, not sure why it kept going out, there was still a good amount of lump in the cooker, just the fire died out eventually. Maybe instead of stirring the hot coals around I should keep them all in the center so the fire/heat will be in one spot? And should I keep the hot coals on top of the unburned lump or on the bottom with the fresh lump on top? I was doing hot coals on the bottom, maybe I should keep them on top…

I have those egg roll wrapper still once I remember to pick up a can of crab meat ill make some rangoons myself and post them. Should be a nice side dish or hordeurve (sp?) for any meal.

I looked up the gelatoOG and it looks good, the mom is a girl scout cookies hybrid and the dad is an og kush. You might get some purple buds, and thc is high at 25%. And theyre all femmed seeds too, yeah? You planning on popping them this winter then?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
yeah my plan is to run them indoors the first time around and hope to find a cut worth keeping
i usually get in two three sessions before it gets too hot and i shut things down for the summer
i have a few autos im planing on growing out in my friends back yard this summer
i usually add the fresh coals on top of the burning ones so they get going as the old stuff dies out
thats so weird that the coals would die if there was fuel still in the chamber, sounds like some like somethign to do with air flow
/how open were the vents
so now we are going to a freidns house for bbq on the 4rth and i will make my own stuff this weekend
the mrs is making a chicken salad with the meat we have and im just going to let the beef age some more and cook it up on saturday
im on this adobo kick for seasoning; its basically garlic, onion and salt with a couple other things thrown in
the mrs loves worchestershire sauce and we keep it around the house
if i get going this weeeknd i might make the crab rangoons too; if i do i will post up some pics for sure
i agreed to go in to work on friday so im kind of on a short leash for the 4rth, but i also mentioned that i might not be in top form so they get what they get!
/hey, im still going to ahve fun on the 4rth and enjoy the fun
besides, nothing says summer to me like the 4rth
hope you have a great day off baba and enjoy the food,fun and fireworks
if nothing else it could be just another thursday
/do you get to see a nice display?
kick ass my man
USA!USA!USA!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Happy 4th everybody! Hope you all are enjoying the day, eating some good food and enjoying some fireworks or maybe a movie or tv show.
Ill keep researching and fiddling with my fire creation methods, I’ve gotten it stable before I just need to fine what works on keeping a low but steady burn going. I keep the bottom vent pretty small, less than an inch, and the top vents small as well, it’s like this daisy wheel up top and those are only about 1/3 open or less when smoking at low temps. But then if I open things up sure the fire doesn’t go out but the temp increases past smoking temps. I’m thinking I just need to get the whole charcoal mass more than half red to keep it self sustaining even at low air flow…

Yeah, I think growing outdoors during the summer you’ll need auto-flowering seeds, because you get light for a good 15hrs a day and that’s not enough darkness to induce flowering unless you want to run them well into fall…
Let us know how those freebies work out for you, im sure you’ll make some dank ass hash out of them. Hopefully they’ll be nice and sweet. Is that what cookies tastes like, very ‘sweet’ in the smoke?

Im just going to eat this brisket ive made, not planning on grilling anything for the 4th but will take out some frozen meat for maybe this weekend.
Sounds like you can enjoy all the food and fellowship at a holiday get together but don’t have to deal with most of the clean up, best of both worlds Pop. Hope you have fun, and can partake of some smoke as well.
Speaking of which, I made some canna olive oil on the down low earlier and got nice and toasty last nite. Holy $!@# u were right pop, I hadn’t gotten high in almost a year and it felt almost psychedelic, I was so in my own head. Then I woke up groggy, which I don’t like but a couple cups of coffee helps.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
ahahah, you gotta watch out with those eddibles! ive been there before brother and know what you mean about waking up with a pot hangover
the fireworks show was amazeballs!
we went to a friends house for food and then to his brothers to watch the fireworks show
it was a great view and his neighbors get all kinds of rowdy
at one point the people down the way were lighting off their own fireworks and they put on quite a show
the mrs commented it was like watching tennis because you were going side to side with your head trying to see all the action
so last night i thought i almost caught the racoon that has been terrorizing my chickens
we put this bell thing on the door the the greenhouse we keep the chickens and i hear it ring last night
i was up in a flash and outside locked and loaded
i have a nice pellet pistol i keep with a flashlight besides the back door so i am ready to react quickly
after clearing the main yard i hear a noise on the side of the house
flshlight in hand i check it out and get a nice dual eyeshine about 10m off in the distance
im moving in that direction and about to unload when i notice a tuft of white on the head; it turns out to be a skunk
the gun goes down and i spoke in really soft tones, like "hey buddy, what are you doing back here" kind of thing
the skunk had turned his tail towards me but quickly calms down and turns around and starts walking in my direction
oh crap i think, he must be attracted to the light
so i turn off the light for a second until i realize that he can probably see way better in the dark than i can; the whole time im backing away from the side of the house
well i cut the light back on and fall back to the main porch area and who comes moseying around the corner but ol mr skunk
now hes just cruising but i want nothing to do with him so i retreat back into the house and i watch him through the glass door as he cruises around on the porch and just walks back into my yard
i have no problems with possum or skunks, but one day i hope to run into the racoon
hope you are ready to get the fun started again and have a kick ass weekend!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
My dog has gotten sprayed twice by a skunk and yeah, that stuff is no joke. One time it happened in my backyard and the spray cloud floated into my house a bit, it was like this funky rotten egg smell that quickly became this really spicy, garlic/onion smell. But everyone who smelled my house afterwards said it stank bad. Ugh, don’t know how I managed to live through that.
So it’s good you didn’t get sprayed. Hopefully it doesn’t come back.
What’s the raccoon doing to your chickens? Stealing eggs, or even attacking them? Raccoons eat everything, so hopefully it’s not trying to kill and eat a chicken. Would a pellet pistol kill one? I think some co2 rifles can kill medium size vermin, not sure about a pellet pistol...

Was driving around the city last night and saw a lot of local fireworks go off, people in their backyards but they’ve got some decent ordnance, shooting stuff 50-100 ft in the air. Made the dog skittish.

Ive been partaking of the canna oil regularly since I made it, going to have to take a step back and sober up, at least during the day, so I can stay productive. At night ill treat myself.

Jared Lorenzen died of kidney and heart issues this week. He was the tubby QB who played for Kentucky in college and was Eli’s backup on the giants for a few years. He had weight issues his whole life and the last 10 years weighed like 400-550lbs. I remember him back in college but he hardly played in the nfl. He seemed like he had a good sense of humor about his weight issues, even though it probably cost him an nfl job he just couldn’t keep his weight down to where teams would want him.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
thanks man, we welcome others to join in too!

the pellet pistol i have is pretty decent and i use the hollow point pellets
i havent show anything larger than a palm rat with it so far but it seems to put a lot of energy into what it hits
this racoon has killed two of our chickens so far but weve had problems with them in the past
the previous one i caught in a trap and relocated him

picture.php

but i dont think im going to be so kind to this next one
i had dogs sprayed and i took one to the chest earlier this year
we had problems earlier in the year with a different racoon so i put out my trap and one morning woke up to hear the cage rattling
i went outside and saw a skunk caught in the trap
before i even got near it i know this guy was pissed by the way he was rattling the cage and making all kinds of noise
i picked up a big tarp i throw over the cage to release skunks (weve caught them before) and started walking towards the trap
im so far away i dont even have the tarp really up to protect me and he lets one rip
the stuff reeked to high hell and i even got a headache later that day because the smell was just too much
i love the smell of skunk in the distance ( i think most weed heads do) but its something totally different when its up close
i hope your dog wasnt too frightened by the noise
some dogs get really scarred when they hear fireworks
i think i heard about this guys passing, he was only in his 30's wasnt he? being that heavy cant be healthy and its too bad he dident do something about it when he had a chance
/read this thing about some girl in the uk who wants to refuse treatment for her diabeteus; basically saying she chooses to die rather than loose weight
its beena rough week and i heard miami lost an active player this week
he was in a serious car crash and lived, but they had to amputate his arm!
that sucks and i hope hes played long enough to qualify for nflpa health care
lifes is short and you never know when its your turn
i hope you are having a great weekend my man, its been a fun 4rth of july holiday
we got this rad piece of cod the other day and im going to make fish and chips for dinner tongiht