What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr.Sparkle's Ikea Cabinet "186g, 99watts, 2.25sqft, in 66 days from sprout"

Goats

i don't think he checks ic much, if at all anymore. he is running a diary of this elsewhere though. he explained how to find him in an earlier post in the thread.

M

Mr. Sparkle

Yeah im not on here much anymore, over at OG right now.

But to answer questions @iamoni, its an ikea besta cabinet, but inner dimensions are like 56cm x 38cm x 56cm or somewhere around there.

@smug_pepe heat wise its fine, averages between 21-29 degrees C which is based off ambient, as for noise it noticable if your standing beside it or in a dead quite room at night, but no more than say a normal computer during operation. Smell is more the issue if running really stinky strains and once peak flowering hits, as my carbon filter just can't quite keep up when that happens.

M

Mr. Sparkle

But now that im here, i did do a second run in this cab and was part of a 16oz cup contest, but didn't pull as much as i was running some unknown genetics as well as running into some stretch issues with two of the plants. But got around 145g of bud and 3 grams of resin from trim on this round, two of the plants "BlueDreamtics by fastbuds" didn't grow as well as i would of liked and a lot of others growing the same genetics were getting herm issues with them, smoke turned out decent on them even with the crap growth characteristics and genetic issues.

Shot of the cab with 3 of the plants in it, the forth had already been chopped.
uTTnKqF.jpg

My TDC cross
eD2jGUC.jpg

GSCxDD cross
rRlZZiQ.jpg

Blue Dreamatic #1
gOf6XO8.jpg

Blue Dreamatic #2
6yFLRNR.jpg

M

Mr. Sparkle

Trimming of two of the plants, plus a beer while doing it, a lot of fluff and trim off the first Blue Dreamatic
wy5mavI.jpg

The training that needed to be done to keep the one Dreamatic in check
mFbUILI.jpg

And a root shot that was required for the contest.
bV0acJW.jpg

iamoni

Yeah im not on here much anymore, over at OG right now.

But to answer questions @iamoni, its an ikea besta cabinet, but inner dimensions are like 56cm x 38cm x 56cm or somewhere around there.

@smug_pepe heat wise its fine, averages between 21-29 degrees C which is based off ambient, as for noise it noticable if your standing beside it or in a dead quite room at night, but no more than say a normal computer during operation. Smell is more the issue if running really stinky strains and once peak flowering hits, as my carbon filter just can't quite keep up when that happens.
thanks!

je'rome

hey Sparkle.... I think I have a stupid question. How do you fold those branches 180 degrees without breaking them? Do you have a tutorial on doing this?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
:bow: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: wow! I had to quit growing in beer cups because i kept getting very low yields.

Whats your secret to the big yield. I do have a mother plant growing in a beer cup that needs to be flowered v soon. What would you do to get the most yield out of her?

I say this with the utmost respect - you are a very impressive micro grower. One of the best I've ever seen. I'm quite amazed what you're able to do with those lights and feel you could step up your game even more if you were using some of ours. I rarely offer free lights to growers, but I'll happily send some your way.