What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor [HELP] California

S

SeaMaiden

Umm the state restrictions are 6 plants flowering or 12 vegging no limit on sq footage, half pound in possession, not sure where youre getting your numbers from.
You're both incorrect.

There is NOTHING in Proposition 215 that limits what patients may grow and consume. Nothing.

SB (state bill) 420 tried to correct that. In '08 the courts struck down the limits of SB420, BUT, the courts retained the ID portion of the program.

IF one carries a state ID card (as issued either by recommending 'facility' or the county health department for various prices), THEN one is limiting themselves to 12 immature plants (which the state defines as unsexed) or the 6 mature (which the state defines as *any* size plant of which sex is known--that means a 2" clone is considered a mature plant). A good attorney could argue the and/or issue, as well as combinations of mature and immature plants.

Outside that, counties and cities are enacting their own zoning ordinances and other laws to force folks to either not grow at all, or to keep numbers way down.

However, there is absolutely NOTHING in the state law which says this. I, too, am unsure where people are getting their numbers and information from.

Not all counties make finding their local laws and ordinances easy, but it's where anyone who's considering moving should start.

My statements are facts learned through my experience fighting my own county when they enacted zoning restrictions, and through my attorney.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Outdoor [HELP] California

According to my county it is 99 plants, 10x10 canopy, and 3#.
I was warned not to get a state ID card as you would then be on a list available to LEO.

ILoveGod

Moving to California was the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.

Thank you for everyone that helped. I was correct. Outdoor was the way to go, not indoor in California.

If you have a Dream, follow it!!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Congrats!
I see you've been busy since your move. (well, at least too busy to post here in almost 5 years)

Glad you're doing well..

I never lived there, but I know that Houston sucks....

Bona Fortuna

Sierra Nevada range, western scarp, foothills. East of Sact'o. I'd advise Calaveras County rather than those to the north and south of Calaveras.

I'm in the county north of calaveras.
I gotta say, folks in the foothills and law enforcement are lenient.
Had a situation where an Alzheimer's patient managed to wander into our garden, started raking leaves, playing with the dogs. We called the cops (after assessing situation). The cops had the gent surrounded in our garden, even had some walk into our plants in late flower. They simply marveled at them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts