What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 gm kief = how many cookies?

Probly one Id say although I am not an expert with cooking... I would say one unless you want em real real mild.. and even just one with a gram of keif won't be that potent... Its just not that much really... you kinda want to use more if you plan on cooking....

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I find 1 gram to be barely not enough. For others, 1 gram is just a little too much. If you know the way of the walk, 1 won't be too much to handle.

Sour Deez

I found when it comes to cooking, take the amount that would get u where u need to be when smoked, then at least double it.

For example, if it takes you .5g to get nice and toasty, your edible should contain at least 1g. The high will be 4 times as long so its all good.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some people have higher tolerances than others, so the answer really depends on how it affects you. For me, 1 gram of kief or hash of a quality strain is about 10 strong doses or 20 medium doses. One gram of good kief, properly prepared, would get me high for several days straight.

I've also found that properly prepared edibles have a much stronger effect than I'd get from smoking the same amount. Smoking has always been inefficient compared to vaporizing or eating the same amount.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Some people have higher tolerances than others, so the answer really depends on how it affects you. For me, 1 gram of kief or hash of a quality strain is about 10 strong doses or 20 medium doses. One gram of good kief, properly prepared, would get me high for several days straight.

I've also found that properly prepared edibles have a much stronger effect than I'd get from smoking the same amount. Smoking has always been inefficient compared to vaporizing or eating the same amount.

Just for reference, I've found the opposite to be true. I can smoke 1/4 gram of keif and be loaded, but 1/4 gram in a cookie wouldn't garner an effect at all.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just for reference, I've found the opposite to be true. I can smoke 1/4 gram of keif and be loaded, but 1/4 gram in a cookie wouldn't garner an effect at all.

How do you cook it? If I just add the kief to the cookie mix, it doesn't seem to work as well. If I bake at too high of a temperature, it decreases potency. Higher temperatures can accidently vaporize some of the active cannabinoids. If I slowly dissolve the kief in butter (or some other fat) on low heat, add lecithin (an emulsifier), then add this to the cookie dough and bake at 300 F or less, the high reaches its maximum potential.

I've had friends who don't get as high from edibles, though. Maybe the bioavailability is different depending on how your digestive system works.

i use three grams of hash for 14 brownies, just enough to get you nice and high without being too high. sometimes use more if i want them real strong.