What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!!!THC canna-BUTTER PRO hELP pLEASE!!!

PurpleUnikorn

HI ALL cANNA-LOverz:joint:!! i just made some canna butter as best as i could and had a few questions for anyone who can please help out.:1help: ok i used 33 g.s of nice potent really fresh lavender half trim half popcorn nugs pretty good looking. and put it in 3/4 of a pound of unalted trader jo's butter and simmer for 3hrs 15min and it was very glossy in the pot and a smelled of skunk-spinach the whole time it cooked (doe this sound normal???). i hardened it out and spooned it out the contaner and there was as solid chunk that slowly got to sludge as is went down an then seperated fron tan water(is this also familiar??) and spooned the sludge/ hard butter slab, both were the same color, onto saran wrap and put in fridge, discarded the tan water, and the sludge hardened itnto slab. (yay, thought it wouldnt!). ok and then i was wondering if it is supposed to come out pretty damn waxy and a hulk/camo green (pretty actually) and smells and tastes of bland, bitter, funky, skunky, spinach green stuff. to me it looks right i will find out soon. but ya just wonderin if there wa a way to tell good butter from worse:joint:ANY HELP GREAT!! THANKY:joint:

B

bonecarver_OG

33 grams of weed for 300grams or so of butter. thas 1 gram per 10 grams of butter.

better spread it thick mate.

peace

S

Sir_Nugget

try melting 3 tabelspoons of that butter into some hot tea or coco, u will get high, thats if u didnt do a no-no like scorch it..

what method did u use to make this butter?

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i use 1 oz trim 1 stick of butter simmer for 1-1/12 hrs strain reconstitute put in a batch of giradelli choco chip cookies and man o man .my friends are scared of them they say how can YOU eat 2 and they cant finish 1 hahahahahahahahhaha lmao

wintermute

made browinies and felt almost nothin. ate the butter striaght. nothin WTF

If you ate it all and got nothing it has to be lack of decarboxylation of the THCA in your fresh green trim even after boiling heat. Are the plants also early into flower?

You could try a coconut oil based extraction, then heat the oil by itself at 240 deg F for an hour after separating from the water dregs. Or try BHO from same and see what's going on high wise :p

Weird, good luck!

There's a good chance you had the same problem I did the first time I tried to make butter. I had my first batch on too hot while it was simmering and I'm pretty sure I cooked all the goodness out of it because it had 0 impact even after 3+ brownies. My 2nd batch finished cooling this morning (used the crockpot on low this time) and it's forest green so I have high hopes. (get it? =D)

PurpleUnikorn

thanks man. this is what i was leaning on two but had two much confidence to believe i didnt do it right. ya the herbs where only dried for 3 days, (almost dry) i knew the stuff probably wasnt fully psychoactive yet, and it was a 10day early harvest. so the stuff couldnt have been anywhere near done as it shoulve been, i have done this a couple times since then with my more mature, fully dried, 5 day cured and had crazy good fuity pebble krispie threats, ( made 1, oz done herbs to a lb butter) and only used 1/8 cup cannabutta melted with1/8 cup(equals quarter cup) smelt amazing and made a large pan and had about 12 goodsized treats that were completly dangerous to ambition. thanks guys

Latest posts

Latest posts