What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hermantg LED micro Tent

Hermantg

Hello my friends,

I was a silent reader for the last months but got inspired by all the growreports. Especially to the reports of blynx, EL Tigre and many other micro Grows. Thx to you guys :)

I'm a little paranoid and so I searched for an setup with maximum 80-90W consumption. When I saw Blynx Srew in Led setups i thought.....yeah thats what I want.
I decided to copy El Tigres setup because I doesn't have a lot of money and not a big amount of space.

So my setting is now:

A Secret Jardin Hydro Shot tend 40x40x120
A carbon filter 240m^3/h
Axial fan with 145/187 m^3/h
fertilizer: Hezi starter set
Lamps: Ikea screw in LED ( max. is 50W)
Strain: Somango (1 Plant)
Maybe heating cables with 15Q

My target ar 10g dry weed. I hope this isn't impossible....but its my first grow....:dance013: quality > quantity

I have 2 little problems:

First Problem: A friend of mine donated the tend and a plant to me today. So I have a plant and a tend but now bulbs for vegie light. I will get the bulbs next week. That means that in the first vegie week I use the natural sunlight until I get the bulbs. Is this a big problem?

Second Problem: When I get my bulbs for vegie I will make a basement grow and i have a constant temperature of 16°C (61K). I have bought heating cables from Amaz** so I can wrap the roots. Is this enough heat for the plant or do you think I doesn't know it? Please help xD

Sorry for my bad english. I really hope everybody is understanding me :cry:

Here some photos of the my Somango:

cc3eIyx

ixTbOX7

Athos

I deal with ambien temperatures like yours (and lower).

My usual room temperatures are 15°C and in winter they get usually as low as 0°C.

So you are going to use a tent with an area of 40 cm x 40 cm, that makes it 1.72 sq ft; light wise, most of us use between 20 watts per sqft to 50 watts per sqft, 30 been accepted standard; 50 watts of light will put you at 29 watts per sqft and 60 watts will put you at 35 watts per sqft.

I designed my grow to take advantage of the heat generated by the bulbs, by using a small enough exhaust fan, my grow is able to remain at 24°C with room temperatures as low as 5°C or even 0°C. (my lights are turned on during the night to fight low temperatures) and in winter (now) I'm growing autoflowers with a light schedule of 20/4. I have the fan plugged to a cheap variable voltage wall adapter that allows me to change the speed depending on the temperatures.

Keep in mind that with the exhaust you are planning to use, whatever heat you get into the tent is going to be exhausted almost immediately.

I have a thread in the forum called "My first grow box" where I detail how I built my system and my experience with it.

that container might be a problem, its very small and no holes in the bottom? with that size the top 5cm (and thats close to the bottom) will dry out fast, you can prevent this with by covering it with pebbles, hydroton, plastic etc but its would be better to transplants them in a week (maybe 2) to a container a little smaller than your floor/lamp footprint

ps ikea bulbs are $$$, plenty of bulbs for a 1$ each
ps2 low temp can often be dealt with, by example flipping the in and outtake, pushing warm air from the lights over the plants down the exhaust at the bottom, in more extreme cases (i dont ever drop below 17c intake temp) you can fit a double wall around it and vent into that area, raising the ambient box temp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

Hermantg

I deal with ambien temperatures like yours (and lower).

My usual room temperatures are 15°C and in winter they get usually as low as 0°C.

So you are going to use a tent with an area of 40 cm x 40 cm, that makes it 1.72 sq ft; light wise, most of us use between 20 watts per sqft to 50 watts per sqft, 30 been accepted standard; 50 watts of light will put you at 29 watts per sqft and 60 watts will put you at 35 watts per sqft.

I designed my grow to take advantage of the heat generated by the bulbs, by using a small enough exhaust fan, my grow is able to remain at 24°C with room temperatures as low as 5°C or even 0°C. (my lights are turned on during the night to fight low temperatures) and in winter (now) I'm growing autoflowers with a light schedule of 20/4. I have the fan plugged to a cheap variable voltage wall adapter that allows me to change the speed depending on the temperatures.

Keep in mind that with the exhaust you are planning to use, whatever heat you get into the tent is going to be exhausted almost immediately.

I have a thread in the forum called "My first grow box" where I detail how I built my system and my experience with it.

Thx my friend for your reply and your help :) I Just checked your thread. Really nice box and interesting Tuppercarbon filter construction :) . Yeah I know that the exhaust I use is overpowerd but the positive effect I get is a "Vacuum" and as a result nobody will smell anything and thats really important to me (my girlfriend really hates the smell...).

A big problem is, that I can't use the warm air from the LEDs like you say and thats the reason why I bought the heating cables (15W) I want to wrap it around the roots and Isolat it a litte with some Styrofoam. If this doesn't work and it is still too cold inside...I have to change the plan. Maybe throttle down the fan. I will see.

Hermantg

that container might be a problem, its very small and no holes in the bottom? with that size the top 5cm (and thats close to the bottom) will dry out fast, you can prevent this with by covering it with pebbles, hydroton, plastic etc but its would be better to transplants them in a week (maybe 2) to a container a little smaller than your floor/lamp footprint

The container is from Ikea. The name is Samla. it is 14cm high. I screwed some holes in the bottom the day before but yeah I know what you mean. I bought it because it fits perfectly into the tend. Container size: 39x28x14 cm/11 l. I will check some shopps next week. maybe I will find a better pot for her.

ps ikea bulbs are $$$, plenty of bulbs for a 1$ each

haha yeah I bought some different lamps last week from ikea but only with 2700K . Very cheap. I also checkt there gardening area and saw that they also have grow leds (Växer)

ps2 low temp can often be dealt with, by example flipping the in and outtake, pushing warm air from the lights over the plants down the exhaust at the bottom, in more extreme cases (i dont ever drop below 17c intake temp) you can fit a double wall around it and vent into that area, raising the ambient box temp

You are a cunning fellow :). Thats a good idea. I hope flipping the in and outtake air like you say in combination with the heating cables will warm the plant enough.

Hermantg

DAY 6 Veg with Sunlight

DAY 6 Veg with Sunlight

Hello

I changed the potsize today because the roots where already visible and I thought i change the pot as long as it is still easy (the original pot was a stupid idea -.- ). At the next grow, I will start with other Pots....

While transplanting my girl to here new pot I noticed some discoloration at the leaves -.-. Do my girl have a nutrient burn?

I am not really sure but i checkt this tread and I think the leaves look like in this threat:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

Here are the photos:

Thx in advice
Herman

Hermantg

Dang! Where do you live to get temps that low this time of year?

This low temperatures are only in my basement ( I have to grow there because my girlfriend doesn't want a smell in the rest of the house). The normale Temperature outside at the moment are 30°C. Room temperatures are 25°C.

bit warm behind the glass and cool roots, thats what my magical sphere is sayin at least

Sorry I didn't tell you guys, but this week my girlfriend was on a Business trip the whole time and the plant was in the living room next to the window. So there were a temperatur from 23°C-25°C in the room and a lot of sun. Can you ask your magical sphere again please?

Thx :good:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
This low temperatures are only in my basement ( I have to grow there because my girlfriend doesn't want a smell in the rest of the house). The normale Temperature outside at the moment are 30°C. Room temperatures are 25°C.
*SNIP

Thx :good:
I am sorry. Athos was the one that sees temp go down to 0 deg C. If you are worried about room temp, run your lights at night like buddy said, or increase your basement temp. It is not just the roots that like being toasty, the plant as well :)

Athos

LOL, I live on the other side of the world, in the southern hemisphere, where it's fall right now, almost winter.

El Tigre

Hi Hermantg, happy that you got some information from my thread to put together your setup! Happy growing.

Hermantg

Day 30 Vegi /Day 1 Flowering

Day 30 Vegi /Day 1 Flowering

Hello my friends,

Sorry for not updating so long but I wasn't at home for weeks. I was on a unexpected business trip -.- . My girlfriend looked after the plant. She gave her water and tried to train her :)
Here are some photos.
She told me that there were a lot of little flyes. So then she bought the yellow panels and the problem was solved.

When I arrieved yesterday I saw that the stam look really strange.

Does the plant have phosphorus deficiency? The stam is purple but the leaves are green. I think the leaves look lime green.

What do you think about it?

I changed the light today to 12/12

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hermantg

I forgot to write about the Temperature.

When the light is off there are constant 64K in the tent.
When the light s on there are constant 72K in the tent.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the medium the plant is growing in? (soil? coco? other?)
Are you feeding her?
If so, what and how often?
Do you know the pH of the water you give her?

Hermantg

What is the medium the plant is growing in? (soil? coco? other?)
Are you feeding her?
If so, what and how often?
Do you know the pH of the water you give her?

Hello Blynx,

I'm growing in soil. On the top I but some hydroton to prevent the roots for drying out. HuffnPufferfish wrote it before and I thought it is a very good idea. I noticed that there are a lot of roots near the surface.

I'm feeding her with Hesi but only 25% of the recommended amount.

She only gets rainwater. The pH is between 5 and 6.