What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jeff Sessions rescinds Obama's states' choice memo

W

Water-

Careful!

We get back what we put out.

This will help us. Wait and see

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Just Replace Obama's policy's with Trump's Policy's.Just better,like Trump said,"I'll leave it to the States",Jeff gotta protect the prez in a lawsuit about the Russians and Jeff the Attorney General is playing with State's Rights,and not helping with the Prez.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure why the federal govt has been allowed to make unconstitutional laws in the first place.

(1) the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States guarantees to the states and their people all powers not granted to the federal government elsewhere in the constitution...

CaptainDankness

Not sure why the federal govt has been allowed to make unconstitutional laws in the first place.

(1) the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States guarantees to the states and their people all powers not granted to the federal government elsewhere in the constitution...

They have been shitting on the Constitution since at least the Civil War. The War on drugs has been unconstitutional from the start. Prohibition of alcohol took a constitutional amendment, the Volstead Act.

Really, I seen this coming for years. GW Pharmaceuticals opened up in 1998 and have been working with Bayer soon after. The #1 funder of Congress is big pharma.

Seems like Obama just allowed medical marijuana temporarily on his second term to allow big pharma to patent marijuana cultivars. First USPTO patent on a marijuana cultivar is owned by Veritas Pharma inc. who worked in collaboration with GW Pharmaceuticals.

It's a big club of filthy rich people and we ain't in it. The black market will live on in this so called free country.

W

Water-

In some ways I agree with sessions.

Either make it legal or don't.

But don't play games where it's "permitted".

That's poor governance.

We are in the majority now and eventually the senator s and congressman will have no choice but do what the people that elect them want.

coldcanna

Veteran
Sessions is a cock sucker thats for sure. But doesn't change the fact that we've had both democrat and repub majority governments in the past 9 years and neither side had the courage to stand up to big pharma. Seriously name one other issue that 60+% of the county agrees on?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In some ways I agree with sessions.

Either make it legal or don't.

But don't play games where it's "permitted".

That's poor governance.

We are in the majority now and eventually the senator s and congressman will have no choice but do what the people that elect them want.

This may make Sessions a " sheep in wolfs clothing",,,,
doubt it but just maybe

CaptainDankness

Sessions is a cock sucker thats for sure. But doesn't change the fact that we've had both democrat and repub majority governments in the past 9 years and neither side had the courage to stand up to big pharma. Seriously name one other issue that 60+% of the county agrees on?

For real, I doubt 60% were for gay marriage, I didn't care much either way, not like gay people couldn't get married before, the government just wouldn't recognize it. Not like they're having children. Lol

The problem with marijuana is big pharma has spent billions on medical marijuana drugs, research and development and they give Congress billions every year paying both sides Democrats and Republicans. Nobody is going to buy Sativex when you can grow basically the same thing from CBD Crew seeds and many others have 1:1 ratios as well.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
For real, I doubt 60% were for gay marriage, I didn't care much either way, not like gay people couldn't get married before, the government just wouldn't recognize it. Not like they're having children. Lol

Actually adoption is a main reason gays pushed for legal marriage.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think even with Sessions leading ,,this grey area has to be sorted once and for all and if the way peeps are getting fucked over for all sorts of taxes and regs in the US,,
then i think i take my chances in the uk with the present regs,,,,
Leo couldnt give a toss about homegrowers in the uk and seem only interested in Vietnemese crime gangs,,,,,,

coldcanna

Veteran
Feds prob love the current situation. Think about it- they get to bend over the REC companies for 40% tax on billions in profit while at the same time are allowed to cuff and stuff pot growers around the rest of the country and keep the jail-industrial complex alive and well. Its a win-win for those pricks

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmm...

HOW to get Trump to sign an executive order to protect States Rights? (In general & especially in this subject)

I wonder if a nation wide petition would do the trick?

St. Phatty

Hmmm...

HOW to get Trump to sign an executive order to protect States Rights? (In general & especially in this subject)

It would need to NOT be on the White House petition website.

Trump is talking about shutting it down. Or has already.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hmmm...

it would have to be a petition by folks with more money than he has. everyone else is the "little people" that Leona Helmsley used to laugh at until her ugly bitch ass went to prison...

Lyfespan

title should read Sessions forces the states to Legalization. because thats what his action is going to get, the reaction from the states has already been heard.

states have discovered the many benefits coming from the "marijuana industry", including more than 100,000 jobs, and 100s of millions dollars fast. never have states seen such an injection, since other booms, oil,gold...

St. Phatty

Trump's tax bill was intentionally sticking it to the coastal states that voted for Hillary (or, against Trump.)

The states that voted for Hillary, similar to the states that semi-legalize Cannabis.

I wonder if there's a little bit of Trump's "fvck you Hillary supporter states" embedded in Sessions' action.

Latest posts

Latest posts