What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

LostTribe

Premium user
Looks like not too many are growing real OG Kush around here....anyone else familiar with the SFV girl?

Lemon Pinesol Funk!
full

edit: got her back 2023!

My go to jar for the last 5 years or so. Don't think I can do a run without her in there from now on. Really could just do her and be happy with the outcome all day but variety is nice too.

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

Used to run her for a bit but lost her. Lip smackin lemon pinesol flavor that lingers for hours. One of my favs. I have a bunch of bx's a friend made of her. Should pop some :)

highsteppa

Veteran
Sfv is the bomb, outdoors it was more fuel than sour d ime...also a little more up than other og's. The lemon and fuel on her great.Sadly I lost it, but Tahoe is just as good but more piney indica.

Going to pop a sfv s1 bud bean this spring, hoping for something special.

B

Bob Green

Used to run her for a bit but lost her. Lip smackin lemon pinesol flavor that lingers for hours. One of my favs. I have a bunch of bx's a friend made of her. Should pop some :)

I bet we have the same ones bro! Want to pop this sooooo bad!

LostTribe

Premium user
I always have problems getting her to put out 5 leaflets always seems to want to throw 3 when I take a cut for a new mom....takes like 5 leaf sets....a long time waiting maybe 18/6 would be better than 24/0....

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have had a SFV cutting in soil since before Christmas, it has not rooted, has not died, HAS NOT DONE SHIT!!

Then two days ago....new growth. I have never seen anything like it. It never looked worse for wear, I always just gave it whatever I was giving the others. Just left it there because I want to smoke it so bad, I really wanted it for a Mom. And suddenly suddenly it decides to root and grow? Way cool..

B

Bob Green

I always have problems getting her to put out 5 leaflets always seems to want to throw 3 when I take a cut for a new mom....takes like 5 leaf sets....a long time waiting maybe 18/6 would be better than 24/0....

Hey brother,

The tree leaf trait is just genetic in OG Kush. It's one of the distinctive markers we use to identify the breed and OG dominance in hybrids. The SFV cut is a great score! Elite keeper no doubt. I know some of the best growers on the planet consider her their current favorite smoke. But like Les said old OG cuts can be a mofo to root. Part of why we are seeing the amount of OG BXs out there. If you can dig through enough seed maybe we can find the fresh cut that will have the traits we love in the SFV but with faster rooting, and possibly a bigger yield.

Would also be a good candidate to cross with the C99 you are testing out. :tiphat:

LostTribe

Premium user
I already have some and some sour OG I did a ways back. The Sour OG was Diesel leaning and bulky.

C99 male was Mosca F1 short bushy stacked male with tons of double serrations something that the best Cindy's I have had show. Haven't run any out I did a germ test and all came up looking interesting but put em down as I wasn't up and running.

LostTribe

Premium user
I am not used to posting pick just still not settling I did post some of my last gypsy nirvana cinderella for a few weeks.

I don't have anything in flower now either. Bonsai mom's n cutz aren't that appealing I have found either....

Scrappy-doo

I always had trouble getting her to root. That's how I lost her actually. When she does root I always thought it was interesting how thin the roots are compared to all my other cuts. Like the difference between regular spaghetti and angel hair. Just a wimpy root system? Always thought it was strange and don't believe I've ever seen it before or since on any other plant.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I got a cut of it... have yet too run it...too busy with other gear..will be running it soon tho along with some cookies and some other stuff......yeehaw

doob

I need to get a decent OG, haven't ever smoked one I like though, too earthy usually, and bland.. I am in Europe, smoked OG's and Kush's in Amsterdam and Barcelona clubs, always a let down. I have grown a couple also, and a mate has done some, best I had was G13 labs blue OG because it had some nice flavour lol.

Was going to start my search with Bodhi Gogi OG, but was looking at Bodhi Secret Chief SFV OG x 88g13 Hashplant, hence why I am here lurking anyway.

For you US guys who rave about OG's, what is the classic smell and flavour which made OG so big? OG just seems a name thrown around to me for a kush

DemonTrich

Veteran
Had an sfv og x dmt for a few runs
Kept throwing a nanner at week 6 for 3 straight runs. LOVE those flowers she had, always huge, dense, smellt, and frosty. Trying to get another cut of her to try her again.