What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Mushrooms Can Make Lasting Personality Changes, Study Says

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
Nothing new here..........is now more than 30 years that Stan Grof and others say this!!!

Grof conceives of the use of hallucinogenic drugs to be one method to overcome the West's peculiar aversion to holotropic consciousness:

In one of my early books I suggested that the potential significance of LSD and other psychedelics for psychiatry and psychology was comparable to the value the microscope has for biology or the telescope has for astronomy. My later experience with psychedelics only confirmed this initial impression. These substances function as unspecific amplifiers that increase the cathexis (energetic charge) associated with the deep unconscious contents of the psyche and make them available for conscious processing. This unique property of psychedelics makes it possible to study psychological undercurrents that govern our experiences and behaviours to a depth that cannot be matched by any other method and tool available in modern mainstream psychiatry and psychology. In addition, it offers unique opportunities for healing of emotional and psychosomatic disorders, for positive personality transformation, and consciousness evolution

Last edited:

ajc0k

I love shrooms! Every trip i've ever done where i live (big city) has been bad, however; those are the experiences you learn the most from, I love losing my mind on shrooms and DMT once or twice a year.. Best and only good trip i've had so far, 5 close friends, my now ex girlfriend and I, all mushed off an 8th each in Tahoe wondering around the property and house.. and sex on shrooms is better than MDMA imo, may sound cheesy but your on a whole new level of connection :p

L

longearedfriend

well mdma is like.. you don't want to move much

couldn't imagine sex being to great

I have a book by t mckenna he said that mushrooms helped evolution

in multiple ways, and one of them was the fact that it made us want to reproduce or something

that and development of language

lol I know how that can sound for many people

can't say that i know

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
nothing like being no a headful of L and you start sharing the same subconscious

number 9

number 9

number 9

SS-

Glad to say I am done with everything but the sweet sweet green. However the best I've ever experienced was 5-meo-dipt.

95% of the people that take it from what I've seen hated it. So did I. However, that bad trip, made me appreciate life so much more. It's weird, and people always look at me funny when I say that, but it did.

Strongest dissociation I've ever felt. One thing I can never deny. I've never felt more euphoria ever. It made music beautiful. Although it distorted time and sound something serious. Way more than anything else I've experienced, and I've been through a lot. 2 hours felt like days. First 4-5 hours was hell, Saw myself die about 2-3 times, lost contact with reality for about an hour, hour and a half and thats the reason I hated it/ hate it.

The last 3-4 hours were just...idk..so much better than candy flipping. I don't recommend this to no one as it is a RC and makes some people throw up repeatedly on the come up. And boy is that come up terrible. Worse body load ever. Aghhh Good times :p

Do not try this until you are 100% confident that your mindset is ready. Mines wasn't, and I don't think anything I could have done would have prepared me for it. I am glad to say now though that I've experienced it.

Much respect for the substance!!
Had nothing but great experiences with it, last time I was at the edge of the bad trip but could solve it somehow, too many people, too empty stomacch, it just hit me too hard at one time. The rest of the night was great, danced with music I would have hated bein sober or even pot high, kinda african ethnical folk or something, tripped with a tipetan singer and the voices he made, laughed a lot all night long. Ended up jumping like mad vith some electro music, they gave me extra energy, couldn't get tired at all.
And that with a couple of grams dried and kept in the fridge for years!!, with no hangover!!
I'm yet to feel that hell some talk about but the "heaven" they give you is awesome.

It changes your perception or something forever, seems possible to me, don't know if for the better, certainly not for worse but different at the end for sure. I even have some on the fridge, maybe will take a dose soon, climate is great, sun shines, plants are flowering nicely so far...

one Q

Quality
Veteran
after hearing some people's experience, including Joe Rogan's, I have to say I have had similar experiences after eating TOO MUCH hash infused goods. Ive smoked a bit too much Sativa and have had similar feelings.

Like waves of showing you your true self. It's like the 'noids but way more intense. I remember IBJammin was looking for strains that took him to this level. BigSur, THH, Jonny Blaze, LSD (barneyfarms) and Maybe a few others... Belladonna is said to do this in the strain discrip

Last edited:

InJoy

psychedelics should be approached as an experience, not just some way to get fuXX0r.

Ingenious shamans go though the entire ritual of fasting, gathering the ingredients, preparing them, and finally 'talking to gods / altering their consciousness'. It is about the ritual, and the exploration of your mind; you have a task to do during the 'trip'.

They do 'superman' doses multiple nights in a row. That would alter anyones view of the world.

Im not rallying against a 21th century shaman (a shroomdr if you will), im just against not respecting it, and not using it for benefit.

Thats the point of doing them.
They are not for everybody.

I feel the same way, i don't look down on those who do it for fun but they are missing the bus...

When you want the True Magic... you really need to stop conscious thought and let go, don't try to figure it out until the next day.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
entheogens and other psychedelics have changed me from life. there is a definitive turning point. not necessarily better or for worse, just that my outlook on everything has been altered. i believe it has been a good thing as i am in a great place in life and very successfuil

E

entheogen

Have had many memorable and life changing experiences with mushrooms/psychedelics. By far the most profound have been with salvia. Never more unsure about the nature of reality and my place in it than after a salvia trip...two minuets of total shift to somewhere/something else...scary stuff, but in a good "don't forget how fragile life is" kind of way!

dddaver

Veteran
I really have to hang with the naysayers and say it's REALLY not for everybody.

Like so many things these days, shit is so much better than back in the day 20-30 years ago. They used to mix so much shit in the blotter and red mescaline pills you never new what you were getting. Sometimes literal poison. That said, it sure was fun to smoke a peyote button and then go into school that time.

But I just quit, My first couple trips were great. Last couple not so much. I just went around telling all my friends I was sorry. I have no idea why. Then a friend tapped me on the shoulder while I was seated at a bar. I turned around and announced, "You look funny." I still remember the devasted look on his face.

So, I really believe it ain't for everybody and needs to be used only in planned, controlled, stress free environments. Definitely not just recreationally. :tiphat:

L

longearedfriend

well when the trip is over, I cant say for sure if there are any positive effects on the long term..
to be honest, I don't think so, it was fun, and all, but I don't remember

no matter how crazy the trip was, I don't remember, no matter how much it made me go out of my mind, cry or laugh

when its all over I feel i have broiled eggs for brain and feel zombie like

I get a headache

and I think I had that from the boomers too, it's fun cause they don't last that long

but I will say that I tripped some time not too long ago, and it was special
it was out of the box, total insanity, beautiful, and I have to say beautiful again

it was humbling, to see and feel whatever it was

there was hard times, like a roller coaster, but nothing compared to other trips
there was a deep feeling of appreciation

it's like your senses are much sharper, and your more aware of being
it was a good trip, the beauty of life really melted my being

on the radio classical music was playing

then I ate and I remember how satisfying it was anyways, wow :)

total insanity

it's like a reset button at times

Ideally I don't think I would like to keep pressing the reset button all my life, after I'm done... I don't feel like doing it anymore
it's a very occasional thing because I don't know what it will do, it's unpredictable so eh

I don't feel that I really remember what it does :) I don't really know what it does

but there was a lot of laughter, I dunno if you guys ever had that laughter that was so liberating, it's like you disappear into the laugh inside yourself and the laughter is resonating through your whole body

guy_laughing.jpg

for now I am still functionnal

they should do more tests on those things

the study done with the mdma that helped a lot of soliders with ptsd become functionnable again was very interesting
if it eases suffering, good

I heard a lot of stories of people going baloney
life ain't always easy

it does make you a little zoozoo, you can really get a feel of what it is to be psychotic at times

Psychotic.jpg

written a bit later :

I have to say though, that often I have experienced great peace afterwards

sometimes after going through stuff sometimes without having to

H

h^2 O

Definitely. I grew some B+ a while back and ate like a half z...did a controlled trip in my room...used it as a healing experience...went through all the emotions in my head, bad memories, lost loves, etc...and came out feeling at one with myself and felt that God was actually an energy...like the great spirit or something. Definitely has applications for psychological stuff like depression ananxiety...lets you get to the root of the problem and sort your shit out.
Don't think it's a recreational drug though...I mean people use it like that...and of course I did when I was younger...but now it's more of a sacred/healing kind of thing. I'd say once or twice a year, used in a controlled environment is a great way to keep the crazies away.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I threw the idea out their a few days ago.Im on my vacation.I went to Miami and Key West for a few days .Now im back with a few more days to spare.Initially nobody was interested ,But yesterday my friend called me ,and said lets do it.

So i said today lets see what the day is like and well plan for around 2 oclock.I smoked some new stuff my friend got yesterday ,and it made me restless.I didn't really care for the buzz.I coulnd't sit still ,and felt like that the whole night.

So today i woke up,looked out the window,and i just knew ..."Today was the perfect day"..Its really, really windy,and about 70 degrees .And sun has peaked out from behind the clouds ,as if opening the sky from the heavens,with beams of light.

So today at 2 oclock ..An office worker ,a police officer,a former mechanic and myself ..will embark on psychedelic journey..Aided by the help of music ,frisbees ,bicycles,swimming and a free form non controlled environment ,unlike a concert setting....All of us friends of 15 and 20 years ,these are the types of things i remember fondly ,looking back being with close friends....Will report back ,,,what transpires...

Latest posts

Latest posts