What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Altitude Cold Nights Genetics?

Turducken

Hello,

I am a fairly new grower and realize a hearty strain will probably not be that great of high or produce well. I need to know a readily available strain that will grow well at high altitude (8000 feet) 42 degrees N.

I figure that many of the kushes would do well as well as land race indicas, however acquiring a land race strain seems to be a little difficult. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to a seller on the bay, or breeder?

T

thcbear

whatever you decide on will need a season of acclimation to show its high altitude worth. sample several indicas and then seed them to pick your strain.

G

Check out Greehouse seeds Himalayan Gold. Its parents are from high altitudes and it handles cold nights. Its a large strain however with big yields. There is a good description of it in the vendor forums GHS.

Im not high altitude, but here she is in june.

L

levant

You've gotta try some real kushes, nothing will perform better in that environment.
Commercial Hindu Kush and the like from Dutch seed companies will not do, as they have been inbred for a long time under the indoor environment and have adapted as plants do.

I would take a look at Bluehemp seeds, and the real seed company.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
The Celestial Temple Sativa (CTS) is from the area between the coast and the Andes mountains in Ecuador, an area where you find the huge banana plantations and other agricultural productions. Along the coast, daytime average high temperatures range from 84 F (29 C) to 91 F (33 C), with nightime lows going from 68 F (20 C) to 74 F (24 C), making CTS an extremely good producing 10 week sativa that's mold and mildew resistant. Long dark jagged leaves with densly packed pinky pistills and a great calyx to leaf ratio makes trimming a breeze and a pleasure. Known in the medical community as being an extreme sativa without the extreme flowering period, the CTS has a ceilingless soaring high that will raise your your heartbeat and quicken your pace. With a tropical citrus flavour and more bounce to the ounce. CTS is a great strain for an active lifestyle.
Flowering: 10 weeks

peace
Chefboy

Turducken

Thanks for the replys. A nightime low thats typical of the spot I would love to grow in would be 60 degrees in July. this is basically a side project if things ever turn bad in the US. I just still want to grow at my other residence. I like the look of the bluehemp seed company I will definitely have to check out some of their plants.

rocketman

cold nights

cold nights

Hemalayan Gold, also one of the best smokes. If it grows well in the Hemalaians, it well do great in all high altatudes. RM.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
think of nepali land races too, also, colombians are worth checking out, in colombia tons of production sites (valle del cauca, santa marta) are in high altitude places with very cold nights...
good luck,
Paz

Latest posts

Latest posts