What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New study finds war on drugs depressing

G

A new study finds that the war our government has declared on marijuana depresses some people!

Shocking new findings show one of the side effects of the war on pot is that some people get depressed.

Researcher Dr. Smokesalot claims that the findings were totally unexpected!

"We were totally taken by surprise. Who would have expected that actions taken by our own benign government could produce negative mental health?"

Further studies are scheduled to be conducted. "We need to find out how to shift the blame to the pot heads themselves." said the doctor.

Last edited:
G

e-mail this "study" to everyone you can!!

This is WAR

In case you didn't recognize it, the new "study" released by the White House was intended to fight against the current marijuana movement.

Laugh at the attack! Humor can defuse the damage caused by the White House attack.

Last edited:
G

For decades our government has tried to cause lowered self esteme in children.

They have been taught they are losers. That they have fried brains. That they have a lower chance for college. That no one, of any worth, would hang out with them.

IF they smoke pot.

The fact that this new study only finds that there MIGHT be a connection between pot and depression is a testiment of the gross failure of the governments propganda war against our children.

Last edited:
G

Like I said .. use humor against them .. it's an effective tool.

Hey .. I find it depressing .. how about you?

There's two .. study concluded.

Last edited:
G

LOL PB

Sign me up!

I don't know if I'm "depressed" about Mj Prohib...but it has cause me sadness...

Humor. Just what the doc ordered

rocketman

war on drugs

war on drugs

My friends, as I'm sure you already know, at least I hope most of you know, this is not just Bush's thing, it is the entire Republican party. They all think the same way and if you don't, you had better go along with the party or you will have hell to pay. I hope you are all sick of these last eight years and never vote Republican again. Remember how things were before bush got in? I sure do and I know we were in a lot better shape than we are now and heading in the right direction.OHHHHH to be rid of this fricking dumb ass bush, and all his dumb ass buddies. I never want to look at another bush for the rest of my life. Green Trees for me from here on out, RM.

G

I remember the broken implied promisses of the Clintons about pot also.

Nearly the same quality of almost promisses we are being handed now.

Its all bullshit propaganda and very little actual Science!

"Marijuana is not the answer when feeling depressed. People’s thinking that they can run away from depression by smoking pot are making a big mistake and worsen their situation, sustains John P. Walters, director of National Drug Control Policy. Their only solution to feel better is to seek medical help."

What like from a doctor who will prescribe some real mind bending pharmies

gotta love the British

“This very week, the British government’s official scientific advisers on illegal drugs issued a report saying they are ‘unconvinced that there is a causal relationship between the use of cannabis and any affective disorder,’ such as depression, Mirken of the MPP said.

This white house report must be in response to that :nono:

rocketman

Clinton's

Clinton's

I never said the Clinton's were the best, I said they and the Dem's are a hell of a lot better than the Rep. At least the Dem's are a lot easier to live with. As all bush wants to do is through us in jail for the rest of our lives. Or maybe better yet send us to Texas where they make slave labor out of us. What we need is a good third party, or maybe even a fourth party. Fat chance of that, they have it wraped up. However there is no question the Republicans have taken us backward for many years. Even when they were not in there they made such a big thing about Pot, Clinton didn't have a chance. If he would have done anything they would have labeled him a drug pusher. No thanks man, I will stick with the Dem's, right now they are all we have. RM

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
peanutbutter said:
For decades our government has tried to cause lowered self esteme in children.

They have been taught they are losers. That they have fried brains. That they have a lower chance for college. That no one, of any worth, would hang out with them.

IF they smoke pot.

The fact that this new study only finds that there MIGHT be a connection between pot and depression is a testiment of the gross failure of the governments propganda war against our children.

I always watch dem goverment commercials.. always person like "you want to get high" and dem say someting like "if so many are doing it, why dont you find somone else"...

Then i think meself and say how com i can neva find no people liek taht.. shoots my bredrin hold dem herb tight--and yet dem youth 12/13 gett offered free joint?? I always liek YAH man i take that...but then me think agian, yah kno why dem kids never take it causs they got a bettr connect and on ther way home to jump on ICMAG and smoek some high class homegrown ganja...dey no wan to burn up da schwaggy street weed...

kids get smartr ina today. dem know best way to get good herb is grow good herb..RAHSPECT

BhT

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
PB, I believe that your study on MJ war causing depression is in error. There are numerous member of the Mexican drug cartels who are counting their $23 billion in profit from the Drug War and they don't seem depressed at all.

Last edited:
G

Seriously.

Think of all the slick anti-pot smoking adds.

These adds are supposed to make pot smoking seem not cool.

Pot smokers are depicted as losers. Few real friends. Nearly brain dead. Bad school grades. drop outs. Dead beats who can't get jobs and suck off parents for years.

Are these adds supposed to work or not?

Let's assume they are a smashing success. What do the adds do the self image of the teen pot smoker?

Then the kid gets busted and some judge, faced with a very minor "crime" and a overcrowded jail, sends the kid to some sort of rehab. There they get their self image professionally attacked. The kid is allowed to have high self esteem, as long as it's not around marijuana. If there is marijuana in their life, they are supposed to feel bad about it.

Is it any wonder that some people might get depressed being attacked by that system?