What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"NYH" New York Haze(Piff)

If you have been to New York City Im sure youve tried the NYH aka Piff (Notoriously found in washington heights, but usually never fully dried or ever cured)
Day 40 of 12/12

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

Last edited:

redwood-roots

Ppl in the heights labeled anything with an indi dom high piff. No lineage behind it, just a street name for good bud. In NY..the commerse is either piff, haze, or sour (chocolate..etc being 2nd teir bud). Piff labled as anything indica in nature, Haze as anythign sat dom, and sour as well SD..ECSD..V3..etc and so forth. Now as far as the linegae of the girl above..she could very well be a Original Haze x (Thai/Mexican). by no mean sthough get the impression that if you visit the city...the guy on every block yelling piff has that ^^^. They don't know any better..it's just the way it is.

Nevertheless I look forward to watching your grow Tristate..enjoy:)

G

redwood-roots said:
Ppl in the heights labeled anything with an indi dom high piff. No lineage behind it, just a street name for good bud. In NY..the commerse is either piff, haze, or sour (chocolate..etc being 2nd teir bud). Piff labled as anything indica in nature, Haze as anythign sat dom, and sour as well SD..ECSD..V3..etc and so forth. Now as far as the linegae of the girl above..she could very well be a Original Haze x (Thai/Mexican). by no mean sthough get the impression that if you visit the city...the guy on every block yelling piff has that ^^^. They don't know any better..it's just the way it is.

Nevertheless I look forward to watching your grow Tristate..enjoy:)
I agree totally. I trade some of my stuff for "The Church" as the slightly younger guys I get it from call it. Its def got that HAZE smell and taste. And its potent or I wouldn't trade it straight up for my stuff like WW and BLUE. Over the years the "HAZE""PIFF" whatever has def gotten worked with a Indica cuz the nugs which used to be longer wispy sativa dom nugs or lack there of really has become some heavy larger round nugs. In no way am I a breeder but I can see the Indica influence but def taste and feel like Im smoking the HAZE I know and love growing up very close to NYC. The stuff I get, cuz I refuse any of it that isnt cured or smooth smoking or robust nugs, is very nicely cured and packaged. I do see the batches that roll in once in awhile that isn't cured and slightly wet making the zips smaller and not worth the 450 asking price let alone the 20 for .7-.8 (LOL yeah know i dont buy that crap either but it exists) or my WW zip.

That being said I love me some Haze(indica saturated blah blah not the same as OG haze..........whatever) and will be watching this intently. Is it a cut? Seed? Maybe you wrote that and i missed it cuz I'm stoned off bubble. I'll re-read.lol

Last edited:
Red: Thanks for stopping by. I agree with your post 100%.

Calyx: Thanks for tuning in. I was gifted 20 beans, 10 looked premie.. 10 looked great..(Its really tough to get uptown genetics at all). I popped 5 and kept the strongest lady.

I also received 2 "Queen of Goo" beans. Smells like a janitor has been mopping in the curing jar.

redwood-roots

Mr.Tristate said:

Calyx: Thanks for tuning in. I was gifted 20 beans, 10 looked premie.. 10 looked great..(Its really tough to get uptown genetics at all). I popped 5 and kept the strongest lady.

I also received 2 "Queen of Goo" beans. Smells like a janitor has been mopping in the curing jar.

Sounds like my kind of lady..hehe

G

GDB said:
Do you have any shots of the trichomes or does it pack on the resin later?
Well that shot is a very young flower and if this shit is HAZE then its gonna be awhile b4 its done and prob a little longer b4 the resin starts squirting( if it does and it should if its legit.)

THC•20

Yeah, I'd be guessing the trichs are coming later. It seems really Sativa dom. so 4 wks ain't much. It probably has a lot more than just 8-10 wks to go. Lookin' good so far :).

THC•20 said:
Yeah, I'd be guessing the trichs are coming later. It seems really Sativa dom. so 4 wks ain't much. It probably has a lot more than just 8-10 wks to go. Lookin' good so far :).

You are very correct! This lady has a Long flowering period. The High is Unforgetable though, completely psychedelic. Thanks for stopping in THC and GDB.

Dr.NO

Here in NJ we get "Piff" from time to time most likely from NYC. Its usually brownish to dark green in color, wet, and def uncured but the smell is undoubtedly that of Haze and the high is amazing.

JJ-NYC

I was told it was NL5 X Haze. The best stuff usually had a yellow tint to it and we called it Yellow Haze. This is before it hit uptown in the early 90's. Your first run with her?

Last edited:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
wow...well...wanna trade? lol

wow...well...wanna trade? lol

Mr.Tristate said:

thats what it is :bow:

keep us posted on these here my man.
the community needs these genetics for sure :yes:
i know the good piff out of the heights,
and its unlike most of whats around in online circles and dutch seedhouses.
its unlike og kushes or straight hazes. always got haze in it for sure,
but also indica to give it the structure it has and good for mersh cuz when taken early the sativa/indica high shines at its best.
its high is not as much lazy as hazy or even dazy in effect :)
if you can even find the real deal shit its only sold by the 20/gram vial...
scrumpbuckets :D
actually they usually weigh 9.5-1.0 ;) hehehe loco!!! :D best deal on smalls in town if u ask me :)
gotta speak spanish tho :( Santo Domengo
i wont say the blocks to grab it, but u cant get the true piff everywhere uptown--
a lot of it is brown (they call it haze, or dealers joke an call it bobby brown :p )
and a lot is just random haze hybrids. or maybe bagseed like you have here. dunno.

the ACTUAL strain of piff is consistant. there may be various phenos or something,
but its a unique strain, NOT JUST SLANG.
but, over past few years, seems the term has kinda turned into a slang for anything hazy.

weight is impossible to find. unless, like i said you speak spanish and know someone OFF the block.

anyway please let us know how it goes!
and DONT throw away any plants. :D
consider any survivors of germination keepers until you smoke-test them ALL. :canabis:

much love love and respect my dude. keep in touch... n keep reppin nyc :)

shake it ez :)

Last edited:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if these seeds turn out to be like their mommy, you my friend, are holding the holy grail of the mj world.
only reason i started growing was to find some weed comparable to that uptown hotness.
to be perfectly honest, ive grown out alot of elites and whatnot, nothing is as good as the bomb you can snag on the other side of the G Dub.
if that uptown brown was the only strain i could have to grow, i wouldn't even flinch.
you got my attention now buddy, i'm on you like white on rice.
keep the pics coming, you're gonna have quite the audience turning up in here.
us tri state folks know the deal w/ the high flyer, lets hope it turns out to be a real keeper in those seeds somewhere.

L

Lune TNS

calyxlover said:
I agree totally. I trade some of my stuff for "The Church" as the slightly younger guys I get it from call it. Its def got that HAZE smell and taste. And its potent or I wouldn't trade it straight up for my stuff like WW and BLUE. Over the years the "HAZE""PIFF" whatever has def gotten worked with a Indica cuz the nugs which used to be longer wispy sativa dom nugs or lack there of really has become some heavy larger round nugs. In no way am I a breeder but I can see the Indica influence but def taste and feel like Im smoking the HAZE I know and love growing up very close to NYC. The stuff I get, cuz I refuse any of it that isnt cured or smooth smoking or robust nugs, is very nicely cured and packaged. I do see the batches that roll in once in awhile that isn't cured and slightly wet making the zips smaller and not worth the 450 asking price let alone the 20 for .7-.8 (LOL yeah know i dont buy that crap either but it exists) or my WW zip.

That being said I love me some Haze(indica saturated blah blah not the same as OG haze..........whatever) and will be watching this intently. Is it a cut? Seed? Maybe you wrote that and i missed it cuz I'm stoned off bubble. I'll re-read.lol

I'm pretty sure that "church" (I get it a lot during the summer, too, it's bomb) is a cut called "elvis". I've gotten "elvis" and "church" from different connects, and it was the exact same herb.

It's always comes outta NYC, definately some of the best herb I've smoked, ranks up there with diesels and kushes easily.

Peace

Last edited:

Scay Beez

ethereal said:
anyway please let us know how it goes!
and DONT throw away any plants.
consider any survivors of germination keepers until you smoke-test them ALL.

Wise words ^

I was wondering how long it would take until we saw the piffs online. Legendary score, let's hope for a good male and female representation.

- sbz

dutchmasters420

I'm smoking some haze out of the bronx right now, shit puts your head in another world. yellowish brownish/redish some of hte best haze I've had in a while but I miss that wetish madd sticky maddd crystally so sticky you could barely break it up,it just ripped up into sticky big ass chunks haze.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts