What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ignore or block button

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Does the ignore/block option still exist?
Can't find how to do this.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Does the ignore/block option still exist?
Can't find how to do this.

Click on your avatar in top right corner and a drop down menu appears. Click on User Settings. On the User Settings page is a green bar that has an Account button. Click that and scroll to the bottom of the page. Ignore List is there.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I see the feature but is it actually functioning …? because it doesn’t function for me:shucks:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seriously…. it doesn’t matter who I test it out on … the feature doesn’t work for me

:tumbleweed:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Doesn't seem to work.
In fact after I put a member on the list.. There is no list.

Still it tells me to click on X if I want to remove a member from the list.

Just do what I do with Blues Brothers 2000 and pretend it doesn't exist.
Or put some duct tape on your monitor..

I don't know, not a fan of this software 🤔

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Click on your avatar in top right corner and a drop down menu appears. Click on User Settings. On the User Settings page is a green bar that has an Account button. Click that and scroll to the bottom of the page. Ignore List is there.

Thanks, I found it, and I must have been there before as there was already a name on the list.
As others have said it doesn't seem to work. :shucks:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Right about now, all posts and photo's have been copied over to an entirely new ICMag. One that is in beta testing, which we have all been invited to help with. New forum software from a different provider. This version we are on right now simply doesn't work. Never did, long before we got it. In essence we were conned. The cost has been heavy... I mean... you can't block people, and nor can the mods. Removing users has become an expert job. From all angles, every sucks. Except the one important one. This isn't getting worked upon as we are moving. The packing crates are not only here, they are loaded. Address labels attached. In no time at all someone will spray their monitor with a brewski, launching the new ship of surfdom.

H G Griffin

420giveaway
new ship of surfdom.

I'm confused. Are you on a ship, or are you surfing?😉😂
------------------------------
My ignore list works, btw. It's a PITA to have to copy/paste the troll's name into it, but it works.

I did have problem when they first switched software. I had someone who became a mod(or maybe already was a mod) on ignore on the old board and when I tried to edit the ignore list on the new one, it wouldn't let me save until I removed the mod's name.

edit: I'm on firefox, btw. wouldn't be surprised if the forum looks and acts differently on different browsers.

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I can't see smiles. Another great feature of this board. A new forum to surf will be launched soon though. Hopefully one that doesn't need boatwear Sorry bloatwear.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I'm confused. Are you on a ship, or are you surfing?😉😂
I'm here to help. "Both"
gigawave.jpg

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Right about now, all posts and photo's have been copied over to an entirely new ICMag. One that is in beta testing, which we have all been invited to help with. New forum software from a different provider. This version we are on right now simply doesn't work. Never did, long before we got it. In essence we were conned. The cost has been heavy... I mean... you can't block people, and nor can the mods. Removing users has become an expert job. From all angles, every sucks. Except the one important one. This isn't getting worked upon as we are moving. The packing crates are not only here, they are loaded. Address labels attached. In no time at all someone will spray their monitor with a brewski, launching the new ship of surfdom.

Words we wanna hear, thanks! :tiphat: ;):yay:

H G Griffin

420giveaway
The cost has been heavy... I mean... you can't block people, and nor can the mods.

I just paste the user name at the bottom of the list and it works fine. The only time I see the posts of those I've blocked is if someone quotes them.
block.png

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I just paste the user name at the bottom of the list and it works fine. The only time I see the posts of those I've blocked is if someone quotes them.

Yeah, I went there. It knew who I meant. Put them on the list with a little X beside their name to remove them. I tried a few names. It all saves and is there now I imagine. I can still see you posting though lol