What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana

Carraxe

Veteran
Nice to see more projects coming... I think SSSDH x Mextiza would be a very nice one, even better combination than with the Riri cut because the sweeter lemony terpenes are gonna match super nice with the Mextiza flavour and hopefully the flowering time could be nicer while still having a nice high.

I'm trying to bring the Riri cut back myself but for now I will have to wait some more.

Best of luck and catch up soon!

Nice to see you around! Hope everything goes OK. I owe you a lot, let me know when you want some of this.

Have a nice evening

Carraxe

Veteran
These are two Red Snakes that have been flowering for three and a half weeks. First flowers are starting to grow. I'm going to reproduce them this time, this is the one I selected.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are the seeds I made some months ago with a Mextiza male and a Bella female. Both very nice fast sativas with very different behavior and totally different terpene profile. I don't know if I'm getting a jewel or a piece of shit out of them.

Let's see how African and American genes mix.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are 6 Mextiza I'm moving into the flowering tent. The shape of these plants is very nice, they branch a lot, they grow a lot and have a healthy color. I couldn't figure the gender yet.

Cheers

Thcvhunter

Veteran
These are two Red Snakes that have been flowering for three and a half weeks. First flowers are starting to grow. I'm going to reproduce them this time, this is the one I selected.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76918&pictureid=1908222&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76918&pictureid=1908223&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76918&pictureid=1908224&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Cheers

What a special line.

Thanks for sharing

Carraxe

Veteran
Hello! I'm back with some pictures.

This is La Bella from Mario Bellandi, the breeder from Delicatessen seeds. Outstanding amount of resin, these have been flowering for 7 weeks. This is one of the nicest smokes I've ever had, its got a lot of flavor and the effect is very stimulating and happy. The cons are that it produces very little because the buds are extremely airy. It is made with sativas from Africa, for what I know. Maturation is very very fast, it is done in mid september outdoors, and 8 weeks are enough indoors.

And this one is the Thai Angola. It's been flowering for several weeks. The narrowest leaves I've ever seen, that's for sure a Thai feature.

I've successfully made seeds with my Mextiza males and these two great sativas. More pics soon.

Enjoy your new year!

Carraxe

Veteran
Not much new. The "Bella Mextiza" don't look very good, I already burnt them reusing coco, but I hope they will improve. I have a lot of expectations with these, and I still have enough seeds in case I want to do a pheno hunt. This will be just a test grow, but I might end doing a backcross to the Bella, that has a fascinating effect.

I don't know which one will dominate, and I might be finishing up with a 14 weeker African pheno like the sisters of La Bella used to be, instead a 8-9 weeks one like Mextizas and La Bella are. No idea about flavors either.

And these are the seeds I made with a Mextiza male and the Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze cut. Nice stuff for sure. I expect to find some more in the buds after they dry, these are the first I found.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Mextiza Rebuilt are greener than original and their stems are stronger. I hope production will increase as well. It looks like all the features caused by the endogamy are gone.

I have some Mextizas at their side so I can compare results. Most important one, taste and effect. These have been flowering for 4 weeks.

These are a couple of Red Snakes covered with dead louses. I'm doing F2, you can see some seeds in one of the plants. Yes, this one is much much slower than Mextiza. They've been flowering for 9 weeks and they grew a lot, they are a pain in the ass right now, I hope I can cut them with 12 weeks.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are some Mextiza Rebuilt after flowering for six and a half weeks. I see diversity and a dark color, and I love the orange pistils that many of them have.

There are lots of dead louses on the leaves, that's the effect of potassic soap.

And this one is the only original Mextiza I keep. I selected this one between the progeny of the original F1 keeper. Flowered for 5 and a half weeks.

Cheers

Night4wings20

Is that Mextiza original flowered for 5 and a half weeks total or is that just the 'time stamp' for the photo?

Looks nice either way but 5 and a half weeks is crazy for a fully mature plant :)

Carraxe

Veteran
Is that Mextiza original flowered for 5 and a half weeks total or is that just the 'time stamp' for the photo?

Looks nice either way but 5 and a half weeks is crazy for a fully mature plant :)

I put her in the 12/12 tent on December 30th. COBs make it faster, but yeah, this is an extremely fast sativa. I'll harvest that one at 7 weeks, max 8.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are some of the F1 I made between La Bella and a Mextiza selected male. They were put in soil 8 weeks ago, and I like how thin and slender they look.

Their smell is really nice when rubbed, different to the lemon eucalyptus smell that Mextizas had. These smell strong like weed and incense in a heavenly way. They are all very similar, so that's what a F1 should look like.

I really want to see what kind of bud they give. Both Bella and Mextiza have provided me with the best of the best of the stimulating effects and flavors, being the only drawback that they don't produce much.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
This is one of the Bella Mextizas I made, just 11 days after flip. It is the one that got mixed in the little flowering tent with the heavy indicas, and it stands for its size and grow speed. I took it out and I liked it a lot, the structure is nice and looks like mixed between Mextiza and Bella, but in a healthier mood than its parents: the long years of endogamy are over. There are veeery long hairs appearing in the flowers.

It will probably be done in just 8 weeks, but it is too early to make any conclusion since I don't know this F1 yet. The other ones are quite similar.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Some new pictures: the Bella Mextiza beauties just after 17 days 12/12. They are unbelievably fast, and I think now they are more similar to the Bella cut than they are to Mextiza. And they look way healthier than any of them. Magics of the young F1 seeds.

They are already growing very long thin hairs.

And this is the descendant of a weed brought from Mexico, we call it Marinheira because it was brought by a sailor. I believe this seed comes from Mextiza pollen, so I took her out of the tent and I defrost some Mextiza pollen to cross her again. The smell is really nice, creamy lemon like the original Marinheira but it looks faster and more productive. She's been flowering for 7 weeks, and I believe she'll be ready in 11-12 weeks. Original Marinheira needed more than 14 but I took her early.

It was the best sativa magic I've ever had, I loved the effect she provided. Just energy and happiness. Let's see what we get out of her. Of course, I keep clones.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
My Mextiza mom at 6 weeks. Shee looks really nice, she's getting beefy. And I love the aroma, it is as good as ever. At 8 weeks it will be poison. My plants mature very soon lately, that's probably because I've got 600W of 3500ºK COBs in a 120x120 cm tent, and that is quite a good amount of light.

There are some dead louses on the leaves yet, but I managed to get rid of them for a while.

The Mexican I pollinated last week got really pollinated, all hair became orange, so I'm having a lot of seeds. That's good.

Cheers

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
Believe it or not, these are the gorgeous Bella x Mextiza F1 after just 28 days (4 weeks!) of 12/12. I love them, but they are extremely tall. They are going to be the bomb outdoors, but for indoors they grow too much. There is already a lot of sugar in the buds, and pollination was a success. The seeds will be 75% Mextiza and 25% Bella, although this F1 seems to be dominated by the Bella.

The F1 resulted in very homogeneous plants, and Mextiza alone is very homogeneous due to inbreeding. I suppose there will be quite a lot of variation in the next generation, so I pollinated two of the females I preferred to increase it. Variation is nice if you want to make a selection to breed.

It is strange, since in my experience the Mextiza is very very dominant, or it has been in the crosses I made. But not in this one.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've been watering the Bella x Mextiza. The seeds are growing very well. But this is a thing I didn't notice two days ago. I found flowers growing in the leaves, just at the beginning of the leafstalk.

The only time I found a similar growth it was around 20 years ago, in a Northern Lights selection that the seedbank Dutch Passion sold as Oasis. One of the best indica weeds I remember, with a happy and relaxing effect and a strong earthy taste. Some plants used to do the same.

I made a crop of the original pictures so you can watch it from a closer place. It is a pity we can't upload pictures with a better definition. Just something more than 300 Kb.

Look how resinous they are just at 30 days of 12/12.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts