What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light Mover

Epod

Hi all I just about to buy a Jupiter 2 light mover kit 2 that will hold 3 lights am I better running 1 1000w in the middle for the mover or 2 600w on the crossbar at the moment I am running 2 1000w static and I am trying to use less power :biggrin:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I would only ever buy a Light rail...3.5 or 5 iirc... they have been making them since before Operation Green Merchant, it is a good quality product that has been developed over the years ... lots of people have been complaining about the Chinese crap many growshops have been knocking out failing, catching fire etc.

St. Phatty

I had an original light rail and trying flowering a 4x6 area of Sat. dom. under a 1K HPS Hortilux Eye.

It just didn't work better than the grow-room without the light rail.

Sold it 10 years later ... might have gotten a decent price because it was "an original" ... think I paid about $80, sold it for $50.

Manchineel

I use a 1000w DE Gavita on a Jupiter II light mover and it is the bomb. My flower room is 5x9 and one light alone covers it perfectly. I have a short video of it in action. If I can figure out how to upload it I will do so. I know it isn't exactly the same application as you're inquiring about, but I will never flower without light rails again. They use hardly any electricity and create much greater coverage. I germinated a bunch of random strains (12 seeds) and grew them in 3 gallon Smart Pots in coco, topped once, vegged just about 3-4 weeks and pulled a pound dry off my first "play" with the light mover. I'll be doing the same again with one strain, clones from a high yielding mom, vegging a little longer and supercropping. I would expect a much greater harvest next time around. Unfortunately I am OS until March next year so my growing is on hold.

Point is, get yourself a light mover. You didn't specify the dimensions of your flower room. That would help in determine how many watts are required. In reality, 30w per square foot is sufficient.