What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

prices plummet

Davesnothere420

how much does a lb cost in cali vs oregon vs colorado. Outdoor or indoor. it can be either dispencerary or street prices> Dont know if this was the right forum to post that and if that goes agasint the rules dont ban me.

Davesnothere420

Yeah but it got to be an awesome feeling to do the harvest at the end of the season and just knowing that was your creation........didnt know my first response showed up which is why i edited the 2nd one cause i dont know how to just delete

Davesnothere420

I think generally it's a mistake to finance this year's grow with debt.

There will be some humongous price pressures at harvest time.

Also the agribiz world has lots of example of what happens to over-leveraged farmers.

Can u explain that a lil further I think I got the jist of it. So what your saying is its hard to guess the price now and when comes harvest its gonna be complicating to decide on numbers because of the market. But the last part with over leveraged farmers? Your just talking about people getting stuck with product? Kind of confused with your answer yet rather intriuged.

master kusher

Can u explain that a lil further I think I got the jist of it. So what your saying is its hard to guess the price now and when comes harvest its gonna be complicating to decide on numbers because of the market. But the last part with over leveraged farmers? Your just talking about people getting stuck with product? Kind of confused with your answer yet rather intriuged.

I think what he/she's saying is you might be strapped with cash barely being able to put food in the fridge before/during/after harvest. And the price pressures he's talking about is not being able to hold on to the product till prices stabilize at a higher price(because you need the funds), so instead of say 2k a pound you accept 1,500. That's just my perspective though.

As far as prices I was able to buy an oz(dank/22% thc) for 120 out the door in Aurora Co so I assume pounds would go for around 1600?

Davesnothere420

Thank you for clearing that up i get exactly what your saying. I read on a couple of other forums that cali is going for 800 to 1200 and just want to see if that is true or not.

St. Phatty

it's common in American agri-biz for farmers to take on a lot of debt.

Then they're screwed if the crop doesn't turn out.

I'm talking about people getting stuck with good Cannabis that they can't find a market for.

If they have debt, they're also stuck with debt payments.

redlaser

Veteran
cannabisbenchmarks . com is one place to see prices. 200$ is close to electrical cost alone at 28-36 cents kWh., assuming its indoor.