What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strains have you seen hit >10 lbs?

plantingplants

High yields aren't everything but for some of us they're a fun goal and a benchmark for our proficiency at growing.

I haven't seen a straightforward list of high yielding genetics. This may be a poorly formed question actually because of how much 'ease of growing' might have to do with it. Does Blue Dream hit double digits because it's extremely forgiving, or because it's miles ahead in genetic vigor? These discussions are welcome, too.

Along with strain name, any relevant notes or photos would be great. Eg, yield, seed or clone, source, quality, flowering time, sativa or indica dominant, phenotype, soil volume, hours of direct sunlight, etc.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
vigor is different than structure. many strains are vigorous but the really high yielding outdoor strains like blue dream have ideal structure for large full-season plants. Big buds from top to bottom, with narrow leaves and extensive branching for good light penetration, those are the main traits to look for when growing monster plants.

there are many strains which fit that criteria. so then the deciding factors are potency, flavor, finishing time, marketability, not necessarily in that order depending on your situation. the big-plant standards are Blue Dream, Sour Diesel, Jack, Trainwreck... A lot of new crosses are on the market which have not been proven in the full-season field but which have serious potential. Some OG's can get big too...

I think most of bodhi's Snow Lotus crosses can hit 10pounds, maybe more or less depending on the female used. I've seen Ancient OG, Goji OG, Sky Lotus, and Snow Leopard all hit 10lbs in 800gallon pots or mounds. Dream Lotus is the one i am most interested in right now. South Fork Seeds and Ganja Rebel also have done great work with the blue dream clone, i'm confident those lines yield 10+ easily but have not seen it in person

1madtrapper

The one I want a 1000 of.. I think its called Dreamer ....can you put your hands in your head..lol what ever one it is , deff not at the 49th. Cheers

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
way up here at 52N I can't even crack a pound outdoor/greenhouse , the climate just won't support it. Close but no cigar.... try again this year :D

Love seeing the big huge monsters though and makes me want to head south for an an entire grow season just to grow a few big ass plants hahaha

mack 10

Veteran
I hear ya, these guys yield more per branch than my plants!! amazing stuff what the outdoors can do. I just love the shape of these 10lb'ers!

gorilla ganja

way up here at 52N I can't even crack a pound outdoor/greenhouse , the climate just won't support it. Close but no cigar.... try again this year :D

Love seeing the big huge monsters though and makes me want to head south for an an entire grow season just to grow a few big ass plants hahaha

I think we can do a lb easy up here, if we put out a 3-4 ft plant early spring like some do down south.

If we can get them to finish properly before the snow. :biggrin:

Cheers GG

PDX Dopesmoker

vigor is different than structure. many strains are vigorous but the really high yielding outdoor strains like blue dream have ideal structure for large full-season plants. Big buds from top to bottom, with narrow leaves and extensive branching for good light penetration, those are the main traits to look for when growing monster plants.

there are many strains which fit that criteria. so then the deciding factors are potency, flavor, finishing time, marketability, not necessarily in that order depending on your situation. the big-plant standards are Blue Dream, Sour Diesel, Jack, Trainwreck... A lot of new crosses are on the market which have not been proven in the full-season field but which have serious potential. Some OG's can get big too...

I think most of bodhi's Snow Lotus crosses can hit 10pounds, maybe more or less depending on the female used. I've seen Ancient OG, Goji OG, Sky Lotus, and Snow Leopard all hit 10lbs in 800gallon pots or mounds. Dream Lotus is the one i am most interested in right now. South Fork Seeds and Ganja Rebel also have done great work with the blue dream clone, i'm confident those lines yield 10+ easily but have not seen it in person

You mentioned most important factors, but skipped resistance to the elements.
Most outdoor plants undergo the last stages of flowering in somewhat challenging climate conditions; cooler, stormier fall weather. The ones that perform nice all summer and then turn to goo at the last second are a real disappointment.
Don't forget that you didn't grow 10lbs if half of it is rotten & ends up as compost. "Yield" means you got into the jars and all that, just looking at it on the vine won't get you stoned.
I've seen BCD have bad budrot issues 4/4 times outside.
One of the biggest growers in southern Oregon claims to pull 20lbs plants with a strain called Rocklock which is noted for resistance to the elements, but all in all I don't think that you can talk about strains for outdoor growing generally. Different stuff works well in different areas & its grower knowledge which picks the right plant for the growing environment. Maybe without the September rain the BCD wouldn't have had the rot, it might be a kick ass outdoor strain in a arid environment with more controlled watering.

Dog Star

Veteran
Snow Leopard have huge resistant to mold,didnt mould at 250 litter per square meter
of rain.. sativas died but SL stands with all buds healty.. that was impressive to me.

Snow Leopard

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
I think we can do a lb easy up here, if we put out a 3-4 ft plant early spring like some do down south.

If we can get them to finish properly before the snow. :biggrin:

Cheers GG

ya man, I'm really putting my brain to use on figuring out how i can mimick a "full season" here at 52 in the greenhouse.
I've got a pretty nifty set up at the new property with a pre existing 'greenhouse building' already in place. Gonna get my gas fitter buddy to run me a line out to it for a natural gas forced air furnace to control temps. Light depravation will not be possible but early season light supplement to increase daytime will be.
Gonna also be setting up the same greenhouse building as last summer with some simple improvements but will be dedicated to auto's from a certain someone and from afterthought autos.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Snow Leopard have huge resistant to mold,didnt mould at 250 litter per square meter
of rain.. sativas died but SL stands with all buds healty.. that was impressive to me.

Snow Leopard

View Image

my snow leopards x 20 melted with mold , but thats outdoors. guess it depends on humidity and length of rain periods ,

very nice pic , of her !!

Dog Star

Veteran
my snow leopards x 20 melted with mold , but thats outdoors. guess it depends on humidity and length of rain periods ,

very nice pic , of her !!

Was talk about outdoor run with a same cut i was run indoor,

that year was so much rain and only Snow Leopard survived
with all buds intact by Botrytis,was amazed.

So you runned SL pure or some cross of her??

Kind regards Baked Beanz

B

BAKED_BEANZ

snow leopard , buds were so big and dense nearly all the crowns had botrytis . they were huge . though the rain was every day for couple weeks most things molded .

its very unforgiving here though ..... respect right back DS

jtk707

I have seen blue dream hit ten and long valley royal kush hit 8 over and over . Super silver haze could pull ten with good weather . And we had a Arcata trainwreck hit 10 before . Seems like most ten pounders are wider than they are tall in my experience .

B

BAKED_BEANZ

I have done well with my Bluedream, Bluesky, grapefruit x mendo dream and mendo dream.

8.5-9.5 pounds

sure you don,t want to fudge the numbers by few pounds mate ? you'll be a better grower if you do !!:biggrin:

Last edited:

PDX Dopesmoker

I have seen blue dream hit ten and long valley royal kush hit 8 over and over . Super silver haze could pull ten with good weather . And we had a Arcata trainwreck hit 10 before . Seems like most ten pounders are wider than they are tall in my experience .

Seconding the Trainwreck, it grows aggressively outdoors when given the opportunity. Never weighed individual outdoor plants, (are we weighting DEA style with the root ball included?), but I've seen a little 9" TW clone go into a 50gal pot in May & come out in October at over 13' tall with about 100 fat colas & very little budrot in fairly challenging weather.
BAKED_BEANZ thanks for the warning, TGA's Pinot Noir did that to me in two different locations last fall.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

the ancient og my little pony pheno will pull 15 pound plants . hahahaha
picture.php

or the rainbow warrior princess pheno , after 6 corona,s pulls 17 pound .
picture.php

obviously jokes ...... but they are large yield AOG F2 5 gallon pot .