What's new

pineapple express

EastCoast710

ok question about this strain.. was this a strain.. BEFORE the MOVIE.. or not?

I got a guy that's under the impression that he has the ORIGINAL PINEAPPLE EXPRESS. like he says came out way before the movie..

says he got from a very reliable older guy that has been in the game ALOT longer then him and I.

just wondering if this guy is bullshitting both of us. lol:tiphat:

sdd420

Veteran
Interesting...I thought it was Cindy99 they were smoking maybe someone will chime in with the answer

Terpz

G13Labs - Pineapple Express (Trainwreck x Maui Wowie). I was messing with these beans in '10, movie came out in '08. I don't think that helped.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I seem to recall hearing the name when I got serious w my growing career 10+ years ago.
I've no proof... just something I clearly recall.

EastCoast710

I just have a buddy claiming to have the real deal pineapple express.. not g13 labs or any seed companies. but an actual like clone only from back in the day..

proly just c99 renamed but I figured id ask before I ask him for a cut.

DJXX

Veteran
think strain first and movie later...not sure, but think thats right..DJXX

Terpz

I just have a buddy claiming to have the real deal pineapple express.. not g13 labs or any seed companies. but an actual like clone only from back in the day..

proly just c99 renamed but I figured id ask before I ask him for a cut.

From my experience PE and C99 are nothing alike.

LostTribe

Premium user
From my experience PE and C99 are nothing alike.

Thats because C99 was out before the movie and PE was created by DNA just to sell beans base on the movie name.

C99 is not related to PE in anyway.

Up in BC they have been calling C99 the "pineapple" for years and years. I just don't see any other strain being a better representation of pineapple than some true cinderella 99.

The PE from DNA is just another example of turning crap polyhybrids out one after the other just to make a quick buck because all the noobs gotta have something no one else has. Its just a big continuous circle of poo if you ask me. Every 6 months someone comes out with some new marketing scheme to try and make bank because people don't really care about keeping strains clean anymore.

I prefer a good clean heirloom to some new poop straight off the sale rack any day and would never buy from a company like DNA. Aren't they the ones with cypress hill in the advertising? Thats simply hilarious.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The info is fuzzy, on leafly they say it's Hawaiian x Train Wreck. G13's website says Big Bud x Skunk. So which is it?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
It was a jack herer and trainwreck cross when it first came out.

Actually there was no info anywhere that I could find at first, then it was explained as pineapple (jack) express (trainwreck)

I got this as a freebie from the tude in like oct 9, 2010. Part of the October funk promo.

I will check my old posts, for confirmation.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The Pineapple Express clone has been around since the 90's. I grew it out in '02-04ish and it was a large yielder, decent flavor, boring smoke that was fairly potent. Was under the impression the clone came from a selection of seed run from Barny's stock. Regardless, ran it once and done. Others loved it and continue to grow it. Shared some recently with an ic member and he was unimpressed.

Strain first then movie.

amanda88

ok question about this strain.. was this a strain.. BEFORE the MOVIE.. or not?
I got a guy that's under the impression that he has the ORIGINAL PINEAPPLE EXPRESS. like he says came
out way before the movie..
says he got from a very reliable older guy that has been in the game ALOT longer then him and I.
just wondering if this guy is bullshitting both of us. lol:tiphat:

pineapple.gif

A jet stream coupling which occurs such that the subtropical jet out of Hawaii reaches Oregon is called the
Pineapple Express. While this is rare occurrence, in recent years the frequency has increased (Greenhouse effect?)
and this jet stream pattern was the cause of the 3 floods in the Willamette Valley in 1996.
In mid-to-late May, there is often an occurrence of this phenomenon which brings unusually humid air to the valley
and occasional strong showers and thunderstorms. This most recent occurrence (1997) was mild compared to the
one in late May 1993 which produced impressive thunderstorms and established the May precipitation record.
http://zebu.uoregon.edu/humid.html

rogen-no-pineapple-express-before-movie.jpg

Which came first: Pineapple Express the movie or the Pineapple Express the marijuana strain?
We have it on the best authority possible, aka Seth Rogen, the comedy’s star and Hollywood’s resident pothead
-- that the movie came before the weed.
http://www.hightimes.com/read/seth-rogen-no-pineapple-express-weed-movie

Anyway I wanna know if anyone has smoked this because I seem to be the only one where I live
and everyone is like dude that's not even real or whatever.
Because it's NOT REAL! The people who made the move Pineapple Express invented the name.
After the movie was released, suddenly there was a "surge" of Pineapple Express weed going around
when it never fucking existed before! Why? Because dealers want you to think their weed is good shit
so they can jack up the price on people who will fall for such tricks.
http://marijuana.com/community/threads/pineapple-express.258745/

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
^ Nice try, they can say they invented the name, but its bullshit because I saw it around back when Rogan was still shaking the slobber out of his ears.

vancerz

I remeber frist comming across the strain a week after the movie came out and i wondered the same question. Reguardless i love the plant, sweet pineapple in smell and taste everyone asked for that. Im sorry i lost it after having to serve time.

burmese

i dont remember correctly but i think it was before movie when i surf on internet and end up finding a strain which smell like gods vagina - first description of pineapple express

oldCounty

With things like google custom search you can narrow down the date range to pre-movie release.

There seems to be no mention of pineapple express at all in relation to cuts or seeds that I could find. Seems pretty odd if the strain were so popular and around since the 90s.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Maybe different strain, often thought the pineapple express of old was more c99 like. They could of had that and swiped the name. Who knows. Some strain circulated as pineapple express decades ago.

Mystic Funk

I had mine before the movie came out in 08. it reeks of pineapple/mango.
I was told it was g13 x Hawaiian

...and yes it is the product of baby fucking...

Latest posts

Latest posts