What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

300watt Mars Hydro Soil Grow

toke_the_dope

hi guys/gals
not too long ago i received some sativa/indica indoor/outdoor seeds. He called them 'Smelly Buds'. The other seeds were also indoor/outdoor sativa/indica mix called 'killer nugs' however killer nugs gave me 2 males and 1 hermie. so i was left with one female smelly nugs which i am more than impressed with
Luckily it was a female.
from seed i vegged 4 weeks 18on/6off and then flower 12/12.
5 weeks in and very impressed with how she is growing and taking in the LED.

toke_the_dope

7 weeks.
she started off in veg as indica dominant. but throughout flower spat out some long thing leaves.
how much longer has she got to go?
trichs are becoming / milky cloudy.

Lookin good toke! About how much of the trichs are milky/cloudy already and what kind of effect do you want. I usually harvest at an 85/15 milky/Amber ratio.

toke_the_dope

hey royal
thanks
she is drying now. let her go 53 days.
last week i sprayed her with rain water.
and the day before harvest a light mist of green tea and honey (warm) water.
i took her down mid way through her night cycle.
she was still shiny from the honey water. (good way to preserve the nuggets i believe ). (my new method),
time will tell.
but she was pretty much 100% milky.
weed ive been toking lately was too couch lock.
i want a head buzz.
i can usually tell from the smell as well, its more mature than sour sweet.
ill post some pics of the trimmed amazing nuggets
all in all. 11 weeks from seed i think its an awesome effort.
i got nutriboost to thank for that. that stuff is a miracle for plant cell growth.
i dont go by the instructinos either, i make my own mix, by eye, as ive been using it for 10+ years.
im really looking forward to trying her. she smells like sweet lollies.
for the cheapest 300w led on the market, what a stellar effort.
highly recommended (but experience is also going to favour the results)
this was my first indoor grow to flower.

toke_the_dope

also it still mature for several days after cutting (just like picking any fruit).
so picking 100% cloudy, will still ensure a a certain % of ambers by the time it dries.
i had one sample toke at 46 days and wow she was trippy racing high, so im looking forward to this result, also the smell after grinding her up. mmmmmm

Wazahere

trim in flower?

trim in flower?

you always strip all those fans in flower only? or do you strip in veg as well?

toke_the_dope

it depends if the fan leaves are shadowing bud sites. Obviously i wont take all the fan leaves off, but as the bud site mature and has its own smaller leaves sometimes ill take the fan leaf off so that the energy goes to the smaller leaves and to the bud site.
Its not a rule of mine but ill trim during veg and flowering.
This thread was my first indoor grow in 13 years so i was watching over it like a hawk.
id have probably done the same with it outdoor too, trimming the bigger fan leaves off once theyd served there purpose.

chefbudz

nice grow!! i have two 300 watt mars hydro and gotta say for cheap lights they work great and only use 180w actual. you should try to scrog with these lights little more work but had almost 12 zips from 4 plants under these

toke_the_dope

i wanted to do that last time chefbudz. But as the grow went on, the males showed, and was only left with 1 female. and she x4 in growth since 12/12. but my next attempt ive got pure indicas so that may be easier to keep them short.
i am very impressed with the mars hydro. cheap and packs a punch. i want to perfect the grow to maximise yield.