What's new

autoflowers when to cut N in flower?

chefbudz

hey i have 5 auto white widows in 1 gal pots that are 42 days old from seed, they should be done between 80-90 days. Had some yellowing from N def earlier this week fixed it with 2 good feedings of Neptune's harvest fish emulsion and top fed with some ocean forest to fill what soil had compressed.
just wondering since their flowering hard now srry to lazy for pic atm,
when a good time to cut the nitrogen out of my feedings would be? first time growing autos its a trip!

Agaricus

I'm about to start my first auto grow since '07 and have been looking for that answer too. Consensus from the sources I've seen seems to be when the first hairs appear.

chefbudz

thank you..

first sign of hairs lol fuck i have first signs of buds guess i will switch to the 0-10-10 fish emulsion for rest of the time

amanda88

wow 32 views and no one can help a brother out?
the fact you are still in a 1x usgallon pot will trouble many members, consider budgeting 1x usgallon per month of soil, or suffer rootbound plants and the associated issues with such a venture, good luck

Jhhnn

Veteran
the fact you are still in a 1x usgallon pot will trouble many members, consider budgeting 1x usgallon per month of soil, or suffer rootbound plants and the associated issues with such a venture, good luck

My experience w/ autoflowers is limited- 3 harvests. I'll agree about pot size. In 3 gal pots, autoflowers will readily go seed to harvest on water alone in a really good soil mix, making them a breeze to grow.

B

bigganjabud

I've been feeding till the end of stretch but I'm new to autos

chefbudz

only problem with 3 gal is a little bit of a height restriction, and i was out of 3 gal fabric pots lol use what ya got

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen some awesome results from yogurt cups...autos. However for the best potential until you get to know grow characteristics of autos, 3 gal is a perfect size. Medium airy for root growth....you'll be amazing during flower season.

Increase phosphorus, decrease nitrogen (organically) and plain water 2-3 waterings in-between. Don't do anything drastic....they'll perform for you! Your plant will tell you what it needs. Got perlite?

Jhhnn is modest...recall reading his experiences with autos. Did a great job!

Grow on!

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
I've seen some awesome results from yogurt cups...autos. However for the best potential until you get to know grow characteristics of autos, 3 gal is a perfect size. Medium airy for root growth....you'll be amazing during flower season.

Increase phosphorus, decrease nitrogen (organically) and plain water 2-3 waterings in-between. Don't do anything drastic....they'll perform for you! Your plant will tell you what it needs. Got perlite?

Jhhnn is modest...recall reading his experiences with autos. Did a great job!

Grow on!

Thanks for that. I'm really more lucky than good if the truth be told.

The only thing tricky about autoflowers is that there's no time to correct for grower error. They charge for the finish line & will get there in the same amount of time whether they've grown to 15" or 30".

Latest posts

Latest posts