What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

spider mites in my dry room

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
We had a bit of a spider mite problem outdoors this year, they were noticeably visible underneath leafs they did't web up around buds thank god. Plants are hanging up side down by branch i bucked all fans off. While in the room earlier i noticed thousands it seemed like, all towards the top where each branch was chopped at. Im freaking out, I chopped a plant down almost a week ago and i see them starting to web around each branch from where they are hanging. My buddy says they just work there way upwards? I noticed that but it seems like they are webbing around each top of branch even around the first bud, Im worried they will web all the way down on each bud? It probably wasn't the smartest idea to buck down each plant in the dry room, i had a pile of fan leafs sitting on the ground overnight. I pretty much did a plant a day in the room where previous days plants were hanging, like i was bringing in more. Sorry for the long stupid question, I'm only a few year into outdoors. And id hate to see all my work goto complete shit. Thanks friends

DJXX

Veteran
i have taken plants just chopped and sprayed them upside down in the shower,,,and it knocked most of them off....and doesn't really hurt the trichs...they will eat on the leaves till there is no more food...this knocked em down to a minimum...not sure how big they are but i would get out the hose...good luck..DJXX

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
They seem to all be webbing up toward where each branch was chopped to hang from, there was no webbing on plants when chopped just mites on undersides of leafs. I'm fucking stressing out big time. tempted to just through a bomb in the room but that would be all bad

They will stay to the top of the bucked down branches. Might ruin a small nug or two, but it wont spread to the colas. I wouldn't bomb anything. If you wanted pesticides in your product, at least do it when it's growing. That way your finished product wont have mites.

DJXX

Veteran
don't bomb...heard you can heat the room to get rid of them...like over 115 for a cpl hours i think...also heard cool really messes em up...man i have been fighting them all summer...good luck..DJXX

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Thanks 50, that gives me some hope. Its just devastating to go in the room and see the webs and thousands of mites. What happens once it fully dries? I usually buck branches smaller to put in bins for a week once dry, will they still be present? my buddy said before i put in bins to cut where the mites were over a bucket of a azatrol mix? thanks again

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I only have one room to dry in an there are still 3 that have a few days togo outside. One is a lot worse then whats hanging . I think I'm gonna buck everything down outside before bringing it in the room

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
They will stay to the top of the bucked down branches. Might ruin a small nug or two, but it wont spread to the colas. I wouldn't bomb anything. If you wanted pesticides in your product, at least do it when it's growing. That way your finished product wont have mites.

They are doing pretty much what you and my buddy said, they are starting to seriously web around branches that are hanging upside down on a clothes hanger, making webs around each top. I was wondering about taking a spray bottle and blasting them? I have one plant that is nasty with mites i bucked all fans off it might have a week togo but was wondering if i can take my atomizer and blast every night until day of harvest with straight water and a drop of dish soap? would that even help washing them off? Thanks

MedResearcher

Veteran
They will die on their own in there. 100% no need to use any chemical to kill them at this point, that was just very bad advice.

Worst case you loose the first nug down from the very top of the cut branch, not because they destroy it, just because you have 100 mites stuck to it dead.

If you have the energy, use a shop vac, and suck as many off the hangers/top of the branch as you can.

Then when you buck it down into bins, just take a small loss, and toss out the bottom nug or whatever is covered in mites.

Not the worst problem out there, you'll survive. Healthier soil, healthier starts, healthier plants next year, and you shouldn't have any spider mite problems.

Mr^^

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
They will die on their own in there. 100% no need to use any chemical to kill them at this point, that was just very bad advice.

Worst case you loose the first nug down from the very top of the cut branch, not because they destroy it, just because you have 100 mites stuck to it dead.

If you have the energy, use a shop vac, and suck as many off the hangers/top of the branch as you can.

Then when you buck it down into bins, just take a small loss, and toss out the bottom nug or whatever is covered in mites.

Not the worst problem out there, you'll survive. Healthier soil, healthier starts, healthier plants next year, and you shouldn't have any spider mite problems.

Mr^^

And neem oil early, we didn't use any. just azamax. i mean aza crap

chefbudz

u can try some fly strips around the top of the stems, or just not worry about it i dont think mites have a taste when smoked lol

just be careful i dried some outdoor plants for some one and it ended up giveing me mites in my grow box's worst thing i ever did

Next year don't forget the OG bio war. Neem, Og Bio war, azamax, JMS stylet oil, spinosad all help. Neem has to be used properly, same with azamax. You need an emulsifier and wetting agent. If you don't prepare those products properly, then they wont work and/or burn the plants.

Like I said before, let them be. However, if it's bothering you, then take a 2 gallon pump sprayer with warm water. (120-130 degrees) Pump it up and get some pressure behind it and blow the stinkers off. The warm water will also help piss them off, yet leaving your buds perfectly clean.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
And neem oil early, we didn't use any. just azamax. i mean aza crap
im gonna be getting converse Sc for my plants. i will mix it with karanja oil. i hate the sick smell of neem. karanja oil has a very pleasant smell to it. converse sc is like 12% spinosad which will be my knockdown spray mixed with karanja will be there just for re-assurance.