What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Falcao's bubblegummer scrog 600w

Hi folks, after posting my first grow journal onto a different site (blue cheese & northern lights - was very successful) and getting no replies whatsoever, i didnt bother doing one for my second grow (bubblegummer, white widow x big bud, chaos kush & caramelo). However i always found this site to be the best and friendliest when reading results from queries i have googled :)

The CK & caramelo grew really tall and ruined the bubblegummer because the lights ended up being too far away, resulting in a poor yield. schoolboy error, the ww x bb went great and was the best yielder of the 4, but the caramelo and chaos kush were very nice, the CK being my fav.

Whilst the 4 were flipped to 12/12 i planted the 2 remaining Bubblegummers, and grew them for a couple of months under a 250w CFL.

Now i already had a BG in flower and therefore was aware that they are a small, very bushy plant, with lots and lots of leaves. So i decides to LST them. I stuck them in 13L buckets and let them veg another couple of weeks under the cfl until the 4 in the flower cab were done.

Flower cab is 90cm x 90cm x 200cm

When i transferred the 2 into the cab i repotted them into 40L bug buckets, and let them veg a couple more weeks undr the 600w HPS, the whole while thinning it out, topping, and LST.

They were still bushy beasts, with one growing a bit quicker then the other, so i found some mesh lying about and decided to do my first ever SCROG :woohoo:

I will post what pics i have and continue the thread this eve when u figure out how to upload pics!

If this works, heres the screen when first placed above the plants

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 7
Here they are today, after 7 days 12/12

Ive been trimming the leaves that are blocking bud sites, i reckon there must be about 80-100 altogether. I stopped tucking when i flipped as its not a stretchy strain.

Forgot to say theyre in b&q seedling & cutting soil mixed with about 40% perlite. Im feeding them bio bizz bio grow since they were 2 weeks, and started adding bio bizz bio bloom since i flipped. I will also use top max when i see buds forming

Few things i may/may not have mentioned....

Fan wise its a 5 inch rvk with a cheap carbon filter, and i have 2 x 7inch oscillating fans, one ained underneath the canopy and one at the top.

Temps are a bit of an issue, as is smell. It seems the filter stopped working after a couple of months on my first grow. Is this normal? I may buy a 6 inch with a decent refillable filter, and use the 5 inch for intake as its currently passive.

I have an issue that there is no where to vent outside, and the room the cab is in has now windows and is connected to my work place, so the smell is drifting to my work. It stinks when i open the door in the morning and its a big warehouse! I need a way to ensure any air coming out of the cab is completely smell free. ONA Blocks didnt work.

I also have a problem with dust from the warehouse getting in the cab so i need to have a filter added for the intake.

I have a budget 600w HPS, which does the trick, but its been winter and due to the cab size and the already present hight temps, i may go for either a 400w or a fan cooled hood. Stealth is quite important, and im currently failing at it :D

Day 15
My uploaded images keep rotating :( you can see the big girl starting to wilt because she hadnt had her 5 liters for 2 days. She loves a gulp. Had to nip to the local hydro shop for some biobloom as i ran out a week ago. Whilst i was there i picked up a new rhino filter, hope its better then the budget one thats only 5 months old!

Right, day 23 now. The bigger one has had problems. The soil doesnt seem to be retaining much moisture. If i give her 5L at lights on then by lights off shes wilting again.

Ive bought some spikes that screw onto bottles that you fill with water and they drip out, to compliment the usual feeding daily, in an attempt to help the wilting problem. Its been a few days and its helping a bit but its not 100%.

Apologies for the pic rotation again

The underside of the smaller one. Its funny cause the smaller one had stretched far more then the bigger one that grew faster in veg.

A pic from the top

The smaller girl has become the bigger one!

A bud site that i will follow its development in pictures

Forgot to add, they are starting to smell really fruity when you touch them. Trics are forming nicely. It was hard to count but theres somewhere between 90/100 tops :woohoo:

SoufLondon

Few things i may/may not have mentioned....

Fan wise its a 5 inch rvk with a cheap carbon filter, and i have 2 x 7inch oscillating fans, one ained underneath the canopy and one at the top.

Temps are a bit of an issue, as is smell. It seems the filter stopped working after a couple of months on my first grow. Is this normal? I may buy a 6 inch with a decent refillable filter, and use the 5 inch for intake as its currently passive.

I have an issue that there is no where to vent outside, and the room the cab is in has now windows and is connected to my work place, so the smell is drifting to my work. It stinks when i open the door in the morning and its a big warehouse! I need a way to ensure any air coming out of the cab is completely smell free. ONA Blocks didnt work.

I also have a problem with dust from the warehouse getting in the cab so i need to have a filter added for the intake.

I have a budget 600w HPS, which does the trick, but its been winter and due to the cab size and the already present hight temps, i may go for either a 400w or a fan cooled hood. Stealth is quite important, and im currently failing at it :D

invest in an ozone generator. the UV type is what you want mate, bit expensive but have one running on the same circuit as the lights and place outside the tent. kills smells amazingly well.

Last edited:

chefbudz

love your scrog! looking good
lol your stinking out a warehouse damn... having the same problem in my attic the heat brings out the smell something fierce

what breeder are the bubblegummer from?

Haha posted the above before i saw the replies :laughing:

Theyre from 'female seeds' and bought from attitude.

I have been seriously considering an ozone gen. So the sub-£100 units work? The cabs in a room about 3 m cube which is my buffer room. The rhino has helped but the smell is still there sometimes, the bio bizz nutes are stinkiest i reckon!

Cheers for the replys!

Just repotted a wwxbb to 13l bucket. Did some defoliation and lst. This is a tester plant, Gonna take clones soon and aim for max yield in my 0.9ish meter squared room

Before:

Latest posts

Latest posts