What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who plays music fr your plant? And what do you play?

DeadlyFoez

Well, we've all heard that playing clasical music to your plants can help them grow better. Right now I am playing Bach to my plant.

What do you play to your plants? And have you noticed a difference since you started playing music? Also, do any of you have any links that give a better detail of why it works or what to play, ect..??

rocketman

Playing music

Playing music

I saw a show on TV once, the name of it was mithbusters and they had several sound proof rooms and at the end of the expierament they found that it did help and by quite a bit and that all music helped but the one that standed out was the punk rock, the plants grew the best, but I would go for the classical, can't stand punk, or rap. I play music about three or four times a week.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
^ hahahaha
I do play music for my plants. If I am in the basement they hear whatever I am listening to . But I have put the CD player in front of them and played like New Age Meditational music for them. Wind instruments and such.

I kinda thought I was nuts.

Well still could be, I guess.

teh_piper

I've heard of this, I figured it was an old wives tale or something. How does it help if it does infact help?

Talking to your plants seems more common from talking with other growers. I'm guessing that the reason that helps...if it does in fact help... is that when you talk you are releasing carbon dioxide and your plants use it. I honestly don't have a clue, my two cents though.

DeadlyFoez

I saw that episode of Mythbusters, but I forgot what conclusion they came to. I honestly think that the sound waves help stimulate the cells and promote growth, considering sound is just vibrations. I actually bet that there are certain frequencies that would stimulate the best growth.

I would to try that as an experiment and see if I can find the common frequencies within music.

UV Dreams

Mythbusters used all seeds!!!

Mythbusters used all seeds!!!

The mythbusters fucked up the expirement by using seeds in every greenhouse they were testing .... The only way for a good controlled expirement was to use clones, which they did not. Who knows there may be something to this?!

Stranger things have happened!

Like G Dubya being re-elected!

Wacky Tobacky

i remember a while ago seeing a thread where someone did it with clones. well anyways the one with music obviously did better. its true music does help the plant grow.

V

vonforne

Celtic 24/7 has always worked great. Used to play music for my show horses and it helped them.

Latest posts

Latest posts