What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Bubble by BOG

testymctester

Veteran
Sour Bubble 1

Sour Bubble 1

attachment.php

attachment.php

Physical Examination
Visual Appeal:7 - (visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing - excellent)
Visible Trichomes:7 - (visible trichome content from 1-10 none - totally covered)
Colors present in the buds: ( on a scale from 1- 10 light - dark)
Green:7, Yellow:3, Orange:3, Purple:2
Bud density:10 - (Bud density on a scale from 1-10 airy - dense)
Aroma Description: (on a scale from 1-10 upon freshly broken bud where 1 indicates subtle presence and 10 indicates pronounced presence)
Kush:8, Funk:6, Grape:3, Coffee:2
Aroma Impression:8 - (Aroma from 1-10 repulsive - delightful)
Aroma Intensity:6 - (Aroma intensity from 1-10 subtle - overwhelming)
Were there seeds present in the bud? N - (Y or N)
Were there herm flowers present on the buds? N - (Y or N)
Overall Appeal: 85 - (from 1-100 where 1 is frightening and 100 is majestic)

Exam Comments
This Sour Bubble was shorter and stouter throughout flower and purpled up real nice at the end. The final nuggets are little rocks and this plant weighed in higher than the other pheno even though it was a smaller plant. It smells better than it looks, but the aroma is not very strong. This pheno exhibits a kushy funk character combined with sweet grape and a touch of coffee.

Smoke Test
Utensils: Clean glass bowl
Taste Description: (use numbers from 1-10 that apply to the taste where 1 is a subtle presence and 10 is a pronounced presence)
Kush:8, Dank:6, Grape:4, Coffee:2
Taste pungency:8 - ( pungency of taste from 1-10 light - heavy)
Taste impression:8 - (impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant- scrumptious)
Moisture Level:4 - (1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal)
Harshness:6 - (1-10 smooth-harsh)
Smoke expansion:5 - (smoke expansion in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explosive)

Test Comments
The flavors in this pheno are only outdone by the potency! Just like I have heard about Sour Bubble, she packs a punch. These flowers have been curing for a few weeks now. I notice more sweet/fruit flavors are coming out with the cure. I'm looking for stinkers and tasters for my mommas. This pheno has a great flavor and a good aroma, but neither are overpowering or standout enough to keep her going.

Potency:9 - (from 1-10 none-devastating)
Overall rating from 1-100: 85

Final Comments
I am really happy with the flowers from this pheno. I have 21 more Sour Bubble seeds to go through and believe I can find something better though. The results from this pheno definitely have me excited to pop the rest of them and find the best.

testymctester

Veteran
Sour Bubble 2

Sour Bubble 2

attachment.php

attachment.php

Physical Examination
Visual Appeal:9 - (visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing - excellent)
Visible Trichomes:8 - (visible trichome content from 1-10 none - totally covered)
Colors present in the buds: ( on a scale from 1- 10 light - dark)
Green:8, Purple:4, Orange:3, Yellow:1
Bud density:9 - (Bud density on a scale from 1-10 airy - dense)
Aroma Description: (on a scale from 1-10 upon freshly broken bud where 1 indicates subtle presence and 10 indicates pronounced presence)
Kush:8, Sour:6, Lime:3
Aroma Impression:9 - (Aroma from 1-10 repulsive - delightful)
Aroma Intensity:8 - (Aroma intensity from 1-10 subtle - overwhelming)
Were there seeds present in the bud? N - (Y or N)
Were there herm flowers present on the buds? N - (Y or N)
Overall Appeal: 90 - (from 1-100 where 1 is frightening and 100 is majestic)

Exam Comments
This Sour Bubble was taller, remained lighter green throughout flower, and also purpled up real nice at the end. The bag appeal on these nugs is amazing. Hopefully my pics do it justice. This pheno produced frosty, dense, delicious buds with a sour lime kush aroma.

Smoke Test
Utensils: Clean glass bowl
Taste Description: (use numbers from 1-10 that apply to the taste where 1 is a subtle presence and 10 is a pronounced presence)
Kush:8, Sour:4, Lime:2, Coffee:1
Taste pungency:8 - ( pungency of taste from 1-10 light - heavy)
Taste impression:8 - (impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant- scrumptious)
Moisture Level:5 - (1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal)
Harshness:2 - (1-10 smooth-harsh)
Smoke expansion:5 - (smoke expansion in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explosive)

Test Comments
The flavors and aromas in this pheno are exactly what I was looking for in a sour kush! I think this pheno is more powerful than her sister too. Their potencies/high profiles are very similar... intense indica. These flowers have been curing for a few weeks now and they are smelling less and less like bubba as the sour develops. I would definitely grow this pheno again.

Potency:9 - (from 1-10 none-devastating)
Overall rating from 1-100: 90

Final Comments
This is what I wanted when I bought Sour Bubble. I was able to share both phenos with BOG and Mrs. BOG at the Emerarld Cup this year and they both immediately identified this pheno as "the one". I still have 8 seeds from my first pack and picked up another 13 from the BOGs at the Cup. I'm very excited to see what I can find!

:thank you: BOG for the great genetics!

testymctester

Veteran

supermanlives

Veteran
enjoy. sb is a keeper for me. the branchy one consistently yielded more for me. sb oil and hash is killer. sb is in my top 5 for the last few years after sorting through a lot of crap.

testymctester

Veteran
Mmm, nice budshots. Great smoke report on the infamous Sour Bubble.
Thanks dude!

enjoy. sb is a keeper for me. the branchy one consistently yielded more for me. sb oil and hash is killer. sb is in my top 5 for the last few years after sorting through a lot of crap.
I agree completely, superman. The stretchy/branchy one was the keeper out of these 2. Also, I'm making my first batch of SB oil this weekend. :dance013:

My favorite
Both of my Sour Bubble nugs disappeared fastest out of my last round, so I guess it is my favorite too. ;)

Great report...Pheno 2 FTW! Definitely has killer bag appeal and sounds like just the right kinda smell and taste...Killer...Good find and glad you found a nice keeper...I had a similar experience years ago with the BX1 and this report gets me jonesin to order another pack. Hopefully the beans out now are as good or better than the bx1. thanks for firing me up. great job..