What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sourcing in W. MI

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I'm a transplant looking for a reliable caregiver or dispensary in Grand Rapids, but this seems much more difficult here than my last med state (CA, specifically LA). I'm being told by the reliable dispensaries I've called that their patient list is full, but I don't necessarily trust the caregivers on Craigslist/etc (lots of shady meetups). How does one reliable source as a patient, is it pretty much 'grow your own or too bad' here? Also, where to get clones?

Thanks,
FV

MIway

Veteran
Don't know gr... in the d... but we've got dips... as does AA and ypsi and flint. Hit or miss on the 3ma site but some good peeps there... and lots of peeps that have excesses... and lookin too... watch out for the clone scene there tho... same pitfalls as any.

I don't understand what they mean by patient list is full... at a dip...? What, they don't have enough meds??? That's a trip.

S

swisscheese

MIway whats up man I've been trying to get a hold of you forever shoot me a pm on here or the farm I want to burn down soon.

pankynugga

Hope you get some solid replies Funker.... im moving to the GR area or maybe further North and cant get any sound advice from the locals on these boards... i will be watching this thread closely hoping to learn some useful info.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
So I got my license/etc., but now I'm told that to get the card, you are put on a registry? I'm used to the Dr. rec and that's it. Is that possible?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
no michigan is fucked and getting worse by the day as is every mmj state...

MIway

Veteran
They did have the court ruling where you can still assert an affirmative defense... So long as you had a valid dr rec and that the case was brought up after the law went into effect. But that doesn't mean they won't try to ruin your life in the meantime, depending on where u r and the politics.

But yeah... You sign up and on a list... Cops have access to verify ur status but not to openly have a print out of everyone on it. It's the caregivers that should be concerned though... Not patients... Maybe.

S

swisscheese

A doctors recommendation is legal now in Michigan but you can still be arrested. The supreme court ruled you must still follow the 12 plant and 2.5oz standards. Frankly with or without a card they can arrest you if they want to just don't exceed your plant count and draw attention to yourself and you should be fine.