What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Current brand's of Coco.

mack 10

Veteran
Ola ic! So i used to love Co co, especially canna, About 4 years ago i had a bad batch and have not considered it since, However i am thinking of building some beds and co co seems the ideal medium, So what i need to know is.. which is your favorite brand and why? i want the best quality i can get. Nice and clean with a low Ec, Mack.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
Cyco coco is my fav.

i always pop the bag open, fill up a beer cup and run some RO water (21ppm) through it

in the 50 +- bags ive ran through, the ppm has never been over 50ish (.1ec)

super solid, clean product

Iraganji

I like Botanicare bricks. I don't know how it fares compared to all that there is out there, but I like it. I don't look for lowest ec since I run hydro and rinse and charge the coco myself. What I look for is consistent fluff/anti compaction properties.

Last edited:

EverLast

Hi M10! I work only with Canna Coco P+ and it does the job for me ...but close friends have very good results with H&G and BioBizz.
Cheers! :joint:

jayjayfrank

Veteran
i bought two bales of earth juice coco and don't like it, coffee grounds. sound like the non-compacted bags is what i am going to look for.

Izoc666

Mack 10, I like Roots Organic s soilless coco hydroponic, about twenty dollar per bag. im impressed because its fluffy and airy as you poke in as like nothing inside to block your finger ! it come with pre charger (goodies) and ton of perlite.

I havent tried other coco bag but i was considering to get canna coco. Its fluffy and airy just like i described about RO s coco ? thanks

happy gardening.

E

ekomsi

Im doing an experiment between Gold Label, Cana, and Botinicare ready gro all bagged coco.....Results of the best is yet TBD

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haven't used anything but canna so far & have had 0 problems with it .

Blaz3

I have always used Botanicare bricks..a 5kg bale costs like 10dollars..and it expands to about 15-18 gallons....

Plus it is from a respected brand..and its SUPPOSEDLY aged and composted for 18 months...under the monsoon season..which naturally washes away impurities...

jackmayoffer

Veteran
Gold Label Then Cana. The key is to first water 500 to 600 ppm base nutes PH 5.8 and never give just RO. This will keep your Ph stabel the entire run. On my 6 th run in beds with same coco gets better every time.

kln

Canna>BAC>Atami>BioNova

Atleast in my experience, never tried any others, but i can tell you all this brands except canna are quite susceptible to pythium and other problems.

mack 10

Veteran
Man, thanks for all the reply's, now....
I like Botanicare bricks. I don't know how it fares compared to all that there is out there, but I like it. I don't look for lowest ec since I run hydro and rinse and charge the coco myself. What I look for is consistent fluff/anti compaction properties.
Thank's bro.
Hi M10! I work only with Canna Coco P+ and it does the job for me ...but close friends have very good results with H&G and BioBizz.
Cheers! :joint:
i too used to love Canna.
i bought two bales of earth juice coco and don't like it, coffee grounds. sound like the non-compacted bags is what i am going to look for.
yeah i dont like that compacted stuff, prefur the loose.
Mack 10, I like Roots Organic s soilless coco hydroponic, about twenty dollar per bag. im impressed because its fluffy and airy as you poke in as like nothing inside to block your finger ! it come with pre charger (goodies) and ton of perlite.

I havent tried other coco bag but i was considering to get canna coco. Its fluffy and airy just like i described about RO s coco ? thanks

happy gardening.
Sound's great, i'll see if i can get it locally.

Im doing an experiment between Gold Label, Cana, and Botinicare ready gro all bagged coco.....Results of the best is yet TBD
Really interesting,i'll peep your thread. which is your fav so far?
haven't used anything but canna so far & have had 0 problems with it .
Nice,Thant's what i wanna hear,reliabilaty, Might be going back to Canna? not sure yet.
I have always used Botanicare bricks..a 5kg bale costs like 10dollars..and it expands to about 15-18 gallons....

Plus it is from a respected brand..and its SUPPOSEDLY aged and composted for 18 months...under the monsoon season..which naturally washes away impurities...
Don't see much Botanicre stuffin the UK.for some reason?
Im looking to try the gold label or plagron,if i can source em.
Yeah, both solid brand's. i have just done a run with Gold Label base nutrients and loved them.i would try both.
Canna>BAC>Atami>BioNova

Atleast in my experience, never tried any others, but i can tell you all this brands except canna are quite susceptible to pythium and other problems.
Strange,but Good to hear the Canna faird better.

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gold label is the cleanest and best coco i've used. they ask $25 a bag but i get it for$19.75 a bag when i buy 20 bags at 2 different grow shops.

mack 10

Veteran
Gold Label Then Cana. The key is to first water 500 to 600 ppm base nutes PH 5.8 and never give just RO. This will keep your Ph stabel the entire run. On my 6 th run in beds with same coco gets better every time.
Thank's Jack. So the consensus is Gold Label and Canna kick coco ass.:laughing: When you come to the end of your run do you use anything to break down the roots like enzymes? could you explain how you do it. Say for a 9,10 week strain when would you start preping the coco, week 7,8? 6 run's is really good. i'm building some beds either 3 x 6ft or 4 x ft? lined with root block fabric, simular to your smart pot beds. Keep it killer. mack.

mack 10

Veteran
Gold label is the cleanest and best coco i've used. they ask $25 a bag but i get it for$19.75 a bag when i buy 20 bags at 2 different grow shops.
Another :tiphat:for Gold Label. So i'm off to sorce some G/L locally?see whats up £ wise. Thanks for all the great info ic !

Latest posts

Latest posts