What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats a better weed?

ibTheMan

go for SSH its killer, NL#5 Has NOT won the 20+ awards world wide like SSH. heres 12 SSH, killn it.

Attachments

• SSH.jpg
    SSH.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 4

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ibTheMan .... i just picked up a clone of the SSH . can you tell me a little about the strain ? light feeder or heavy ? fast or slow vegging ? fast or slow flowering ? alot of stretch or little ? etc.....

any input into growing this strain would help alot . she looks to be very sativa ... some i'm expecting some stretch & a long flowering time . am i right ?
thanx man & yours look fanfukintastic !!!! I hope mine comes out as nice . hows the stone ?

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Uhmmmm.....Stu stands up to SSH, but you cant find her in seed form...

NL is the backbone of a lot of strains you are smoking....including SSH. :)

I

Iron_Lion

I would think there is more variation in SSH because of the skunk. I keep getting stuck with 20+ week pheno's of SSH and its starting to piss me off. If you find the right pheno of SSH you're golden, get the wrong one and you'll be waiting 6 months for her to finish. If you find smething that finishes under 14 weeks hold on to it.

bobman

I would think there is more variation in SSH because of the skunk. I keep getting stuck with 20+ week pheno's of SSH and its starting to piss me off. If you find the right pheno of SSH you're golden, get the wrong one and you'll be waiting 6 months for her to finish. If you find smething that finishes under 14 weeks hold on to it.

How many seeds have you gone through. I really want to try SSH but everything I read lately suggests long flowering times. In fact, anything from him with haze in it seems to have long flowering times now opposed to a few years back. Do clones finish any earlier like he suggests? Thinking I may try some f2's from someone like bean to see if i can find some old school SSH.

I

Iron_Lion

How many seeds have you gone through. I really want to try SSH but everything I read lately suggests long flowering times. In fact, anything from him with haze in it seems to have long flowering times now opposed to a few years back.form Do clones finish any earlier like he suggests? Thinking I may try some f2's from someone like bean to see if i can find some old school SSH.

Im not sure how many I have gone thru exactly. I grow a few SSH's from seed every run and so far this year I have only found males with wider leaves. I got this SSH now that is f8ckin huge, she will yield heavy but then again she is going to take a decade to finish, I almost consider scrapping her and starting over because 20 wk flowering plants become a huge pain in the balls to take care of. Best thing to do if you really want SSH is to buy a pack, sprout some seeds, weed out the long flowering pheno's, pick out a wide leaf male and female and make F2's.

I really wish Shanti would bottle neck those fast flowering traits and sell it in seed form. I had a 10 week SSH a few years back and it was the best plant I ever smoked, my goal is to get her again and hold on to her until I can find a male to match.

Clones might finish a week or 2 faster but really at that point whats the difference 18 weeks or 20, still too long.

bobman

yea its seems like those 10 week phenos where much more common a few years back. I think I will try those f2's from that other guy. He crosses a few different phenos of SSh. Never seen one grow report of his good or bad but he has been around for a while.

Marn

I'd love to grow either of these strains but the flowering time is super long. NL5 x Haze from Rojerki in A'dam was some of the best herb i've ever smoked.

yoss33

Veteran
NLhaze generally has more body (of a pleasant kind), whereas SSH/JH tends to be more heady in a skunky "strong" trippy way. So, a matter of preference and medical needs.
SSH is supposed to be the better performer (at least indoors) due to more selection.

wayfarer

20 weeks seems long for a straight haze, much less a poly-hybrid with two 8 week strains. Did Shanti change one of the parents plants like he did with the La Nina? If all I found was 20 weeks phenos I'd ask for a refund. It's advertised on the Mr. Nice site as having an 8 to 10 week flowering period so something ain't right.

ibTheMan

ibTheMan .... i just picked up a clone of the SSH . can you tell me a little about the strain ? light feeder or heavy ? fast or slow vegging ? fast or slow flowering ? alot of stretch or little ? etc.....

The clone i had was a lite to medium feeder, i grows quick in veg but make sure you use ah good amount of light (8 bulb t-5's r prefect) so you dont get early stretch.
you should always top her at about the 10th node, let the tops start grow'n(about 5 to 7 days) then veg um for 5 to 7 days under 1000w and Bud Um, and put tomato cages on um when you bud um, cause they put out weight! with the long lower branches you real need tomato cages(i used ones with a 18" top hoop x 30 high). i used GH 3 part, 7 gallon buckets, sunshine#4 w/ 30% extra perlite(coarse) , them plants pulled over 7 zips ah piece in 65 days (i think i have Mr. Nice cut)

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The clone i had was a lite to medium feeder, i grows quick in veg but make sure you use ah good amount of light (8 bulb t-5's r prefect) so you dont get early stretch.
you should always top her at about the 10th node, let the tops start grow'n(about 5 to 7 days) then veg um for 5 to 7 days under 1000w and Bud Um, and put tomato cages on um when you bud um, cause they put out weight! with the long lower branches you real need tomato cages(i used ones with a 18" top hoop x 30 high). i used GH 3 part, 7 gallon buckets, sunshine#4 w/ 30% extra perlite(coarse) , them plants pulled over 7 zips ah piece in 65 days (i think i have Mr. Nice cut)
Thanx dude .... appreciate the info ..... how long did she take for you ? the guy i got mine from said around 10 weeks was good for him but he's a commercial grower & not as concerned about quality as i am .I don't mind takin her to 12 or 14 weeks if needed ... my sour D was a 12 week & she was top shelf !!!