What's new

Asymetrical Vine-like Strains

Booyah!

I really like this side of the gene pool...There is definitely something special that comes with this type of growth pattern (one that is usually breed away).

Anyone know of any good ones?

wayfarer

Do you have a pic you can throw up as a reference?
I'd like to know what an asymmetrical vine-like strain looks like.
What do you like about them?
(Just been scratching my head over this one.)

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Are you asking about "creepie's" that grow in tropical jungles.

Some years ago vortex from subcool was a very vine like plant with very thin stems, needed a trellis kinda setup to grow that so it could creep up it as it grew and flowered.

Sorry bit high at moment so back to the creepie's. They generally grow along the surface of the soil and then up trees, full growth cycle of a year to mature. Lots of very thin whispy buds with little resin but really phucks you up....big time.

Dunno if thats what your on a about lol.

WelderDan

Veteran
IIRC, there is a cut or a cross of Train Wreck that is considered viney in structure. There is a thread floating around here somewhere, do a search, 'cause I'm too lazy to.

Also, there was a guy in Australia that was working with a strain that was very vine like and didn't really look like weed at all. Weird plant, and very stealthy, but I don't think it was very potent and upping the potency while maintaining the viney look was slow going. I haven't heard anything more about it for several years. There was a big dick waving thing over who "discovered" it and who was actually working it IIRC. Big drama!

est1977

there was a strain called Dizzy that was being developed in 2004. I think by wally Duck it grew like that .I haven't seen anything since

WelderDan

Veteran
there was a strain called Dizzy that was being developed in 2004. I think by wally Duck it grew like that .I haven't seen anything since

Dizzy, yeah, that was the name of the strain. I don't remember if it was Wally Duck, I know he worked with Ducks Foot. It seems to me it was a couple of other guys doing the accusations and all the forum drama. 2004 time frame is about right.

amrad

The most famous vine like strain, well its a strain now, it started life as a clone only elite, is Texada Island Timewarp.
Also the old Skunk #1 I used to grow had a very asymmetrical structure.

burningfire

Veteran
The real seed company had a Kerala line that would fit the bill but they're long gone

your best bet would be to go with some colombian sativas to find that kind of phenotype or even the real seed company's garhwali jungli or nanda devi, you will find some xmas tree sativas and some unruly ones, strains like these don't really fit the bill for production strains, so you have to go with a wild strain

also I think you could find something in Malawi gold seeds, I don't know if afropips still sources his seeds from growers

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
trainwreck, chemd x nl, KKSC, all pretty viney for sure.... and all very good... some people would even throw the chem and ecsd into this section....

WelderDan

Veteran
Man, it took a lot of digging around, but I found a pic of "Dizzy" or "Bindi" as it is sometimes called. Another Aussie oddity was called Australian Bastard Cannabis. A weird looking plant with no leaf serrations

Like I said earlier, there was a lot of drama about this strain and I'm not gonna name any names. Sure was a lot of BS flying back and forth over it.

picture.php

bodymind

Veteran
i think a lot of tropical sativas can be trained as a vine, and i like what someone above said about this trait normally being bred out and more feral plants have more assymetrical phenos being thrown out.

from personal experience i'd say:

- arcata trainwreck - very floppy/viney and great qualities to the high. truly.

- old hawaiian strain - had one truly floppy plant that turned out to be wonderful smoke - giggly lemon spice

- dp flo - had a very viney pheno this past year that was unstoppable with growth. smelled of creamy blueberries.

- and i had some kalimistxcocoakush/flo plants that had really flexible stems taht could be trained as a vine but were truly quite symmetric in their growth

Baba Ku

Veteran
Isn't that the Dizzy crap that Fet was into it with someone about?

I grew a couple of MNS Shit that were like jungle vines.

Ulysses

The Genius clone is an asymmetrical grower- therefore some Apollo 11 phenos...

Usually, a real pain to grow- especially outdoors.

blizz

ya it was fet an some other guy going back an forth about that ..i honestly forgot all about that haha

Latest posts

Latest posts