What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Diesel harvest time?

Mendojoe

What's up all? Just wanted to say it's been great lurking & peeping everyone's grows this season,some amazing stuff BIG & small.

So I have a ?,when do you guys usually pull in your Sour D outdoors? I got a small cut from the club & she grew into a beastly 7 ft. lady,problem is she is a good few weeks behind the other plants & I have heard they need 9-10 weeks to ripen?

All my other girls have a week or two with the Blackberry Kush already chopped a couple days ago. I feel like this Sour D will be ready end of Oct.,like Halloween or early Nov.,but have never grown a strain outdoors that took longer than Oct. 20th. I'm kinda worried about mold & such if she will take that long. So anyways when do you guys usually pull the D in outside in the North bay?

BayLove

First time outdoor with the sour in the bay too...I'm thinking it will be ready around the twentieth...got nine of them around seven feet tall and six feet wide..ill pull one a day with the last one being pulled around halloween...I like to stagger my takedowns to keep the drying rooms not too crowded...hope u have a great harvest...love the sour d

Mendojoe

Sorry to bump this up again,but I went out today & peeped the trichomes with a Radioshack magnifier. The Sour D is 10% amber,100%milky & about 25% of the pistils have turned brown,but in my eye it looks like the buds need another 2 weeks at least to fatten up & ripen to my normal eyed out satisfaction.I picked up one Durban Poison cut as a novelty item to try & it has the same thing going,doesn't look done,but has 10% amber,100%milky & about 50% pistil death. My other indica dominant plants look to be more ripe to they eye,but have 0-10% amber trichs,mostly milky & have been sitting in ripeness limbo for about a week with a lot of white pistils still.

Any suggestions? When are you guys planning on pulling in your Diesel. I'm not sure the origin of the cut,it was from Organicann in Santa Rosa if anyone knows which cut that is. My guess is that the different cuts may have different ripening times? I am into week 7 of flowering & the DIesel has ripened much faster than what I expected,almost seemed to play "catch up" to the others. Does the Diesel tend to ripen up "all the sudden" or should it go another 2 plus weeks? Sorry for no pics but am having technical difficulties with my camera.

G

guest121295

I don't know but I have a feeling you guys are going to end up with some beautifull weed. The ecsd clone finished @ 42 north around Oct 20 last year.We've had some bad rains this last few days but with any luck the plants will pull through.I gave the cuts to some friends of mine and they put 30 outdoors, ecsd and chem D. A few years back Rez' SDIBL finished the 1st week of Oct and boy did it ever turn out nice.Outdoor deez is primoprimo!! the chem and the deez are past obnoxiuos at this point, I'm sure you are experiencing the same thing.:)Good luck, I have a feeling you'll be seeing sunshine.

Mendojoe

Right on mang.

So should I let the Sour D go to like 50% amber? What is a good trichome ratio for this strain? I feel like that would help me decide when to cut more so than my standard 90% of pistils are brown & buds are swollen to the max eyeing method since all the trichomes are milky & amber already.

BayLove

Got the same cut bro...picked it up in january I believe...took a quick clip thru in it flower indoors for 71 days and it was jus what I was lookin for in sour d...greasy as hell with the right smell and taste...I checked mine yesterday and mine are doing the same as yours....on the scope it looks like the buds are almost done but to the naked eye and to what I saw indoors it looks like its got two more weeks...I'm gonna let them go as long as I can since the weather has been amazing...maybe pull one down that looks a lil ahead from being close to a fence

hanuman

I got some of rez's SD IBL @ 44°5 north and they're about ready, I'll probably cut them between oct 15 and 20. Also they have been incredibly mold/budrot resistant up to now (OK the weather has been mostly great but we get mist and heavy dew every morning)

Good luck for the last stretch

Mendojoe

Thanks guys. Mold/disease resistance has been great on this plant too & she is holding her flowers up strong,no bending or bowing over despite the large nugs. It has a nice strong flex to the branches,some of my other strains have brittle branches,man that's annoying,big ass limbs & they would snap if moved a hair or when the bud is too heavy.

Yeah BayLove,it's smellin' really nice right now,super fruity with a pungent funk. This weather has been perfect for the most part,so I guess I'll let her go another 10-14 days as my eye told me.
If you say it was bomb at 71 days indoors,I'd def. like to let her hit at least 9 solid weeks.

BayLove

Yeah she looked done at sixety three but I love sour d and wanted to get a good idea of what she could do so I took her longer....yeah I'm loving how flexible she is...when we had that rain a couple weeks ago my sours were bent over like someone jumped in the middle of it but none of the branches had snapped and they were standing right up the next day..can't wait to try some super silver sour diesel haze x g13 that I was lucky to snag at organicann...their blue dragon (sativa pheno) is bomb too

1skinnycow

Hello everyone, I am a new/beginner and started my outdoor grow beginning of July and am worried that my girls (sour diesel) will not make it to harvest. I live in the north east of California, right at the Oregon border. My SD are in their 3rd week of flowering. They are nice n tall approx 7+ft and 4+ft wide. Im starting to see the trichomes and just checked yesterday, they are cloudy/milky, and still has the reddish hairs on top (don't know what its called). Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and LIVE THE HIGH LIFE