What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Could someone reccomend a good scotch?

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After housesitting for a friend this week,Ive been having a nip of the ole knotty pine from his liquer cabinet..Im starting to like the taste of scotch.....

Could someone recommend a good scotch to buy?Its a type of liquer i dont know that much about...If someone here enjoy's scotch,what would you reccommend? Im looking for something priced at the midrange,but will consider all types and top shelf as well.....Does anybody have any suggestions:tiphat:
Thanks in advance

cheebs318

Here's a few that I like.

Single Malt
Macallan oak wood 12 yrs
The Balvenie Double Wood 12 yrs
Old Poultney 12 yrs
Glenfiddich 15 yrs

Blended
Johnny Walker Black Label 12 yrs
Old Parr 12 yrs
Old Parr 15 yrs
Johnny Walker Gold Label 15 yrs
Dimple 12 yrs
Chivas Regal Royal Salute 18 yrs

There's a mind-boggling variety of Scotch, these are just a few that I drink not quite regularly, but definitely more than once a year.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Have tried many samples-glasses of Scotch and can honestly say there is no good scotch<just my opinion thogh, hehe
All of it taste like water that has had rusty nails soaking in it for a long time and then someone added a bit of alcohol for good measure. I don't knock anyone that has developed a taste for it I just find it repulsive to the taste buds,

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Dewars Ne Plus Actually Hudson Bay Scotch, in Canada was pretty darn good.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Malts: Speyside 12 yr old, Glenfiddich.

Blended: J & B

Drambuie is worth a look if you like sweet licqueurs, mix it with scotch and you get a "Rusty Nail".

K

kannubis

Cutty Sark used to work for me as a regular, but I was known to pick up the better stuff on occasion. Now it is a rare occasion when I drink.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for all the great suggestions...I ended up going to the bar ,they had Dewars and Glenlivet....I had a Glenlivet and Ambrosia...called a Godfather.....It was a great drink ,,,after that i tried a Glenlivet and sweet vermouth..called a Rob Roy...It was ok,funny taste ,,,but the Godfather was great drink...just those 2 and i was feeling a bit swerved......

Im gonna try to go to some nicer bars ,to see if i can seek out some of the top shelf stuff ,You guys listed ...thanks for all the suggestions, from all u knowlegable folks!!!!

bigleek

ICMag Donor
glenmorangie, any of the wood finishes are very good
bushmills ,blakbush being there premium brand
macallam very sweet finish can be expensive

hanuman

The list in endless.

Nice and smooth : Glenlivet, Knockando 18 yrs, Dalwhinie...
Peaty and smoky : Lagavulin, Laphrohaig, Talisker... and sooo many others

Pure malt only, of course!

h

Latest posts

Latest posts