What's new

outdoor yield expectation with 60-70 days veg?

Sky high

hello IC members!

What do you think?

if I plant a seed in early June (it means it germinates around on June 15. and than I transplant it straight to 60 litre quality soil mix, outdoors and I keep enough hidrated the soil to grow fast and healty till harvest) than how many gramms can be the harvest / plant?

strains are indica dominant or 50/50 hybrid like

Grapefruit
Xtreme Indica
White Widow
AK47
Skunk1
Critical Mass

so it means roughly 60-70 days outdoor veg till late August, plus 70 days flowering till mid Oct.

I'll wait your opinions, I would guess around 50 g / plant but maybe I'm wrong or I dunno the secret strains for the better yield.. haha

lemme'now

peace, sky*

Sky high

it strongly depends on genetics but outdoors you will easily get 500-1000 g

there is a huge difference between 500 and 1000 gramms. but one thing is sure: you will never ever get 500 or 1000 gramms / plant outdoors with 70 days veg from seed!

but thankz for the comment

sky

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
more info
What lattitude? Hard heavy buds at 30N are fluffy and light at 46N.
How many hours of sun? The difference in yield between 3 hrs of direct light and 7 hrs is massive
Pot or in ground? Big big big difference

But, here at 36n, if i plant Wwidow in early june in ground in a spot that gets 6hrs sun with good soil and lots of H20 = 1.75 m tall / 250g yield on Oct 10......

..Skunk1 = 2 m tall/ 300g yield oct 25.
..Critical mass = 2m/ 500g yield Oct.5
..Ak 47 = 2m/ 300g yield Oct 25

crfhonda

Im gonna say a safe bet would be around 30-50 grams of dried bud. I dont know how experienced you are so i may be guessing wrong.

Sky high

the roots can grows long in the bed, more longer than in a single hole.. they just need more to eat.

peace

THC123

Veteran
you will never ever get 500 or 1000 gramms / plant outdoors with 70 days veg from seed!

what makes you say that? if you veg em in full ground or in a big container it isn't really that difficult i mean 500 grams is perfectly doable

Sky high

500 is not 1000 g by the way but you won't get even 500 g from a seed grown plant with 70 days veg.

FROM SEED with 4 months veg (120 days) it's possible to get 500 or even 1000 gramms.

soilbed is based on uncountable 50 grammers....

I have never ever seen an 500 grammer with 60-70 days veg... you know a one month old seedling is around 30 cm tall, a month later it won't produce 500 g (size matters).

THC123

Veteran
well i have done it with the frisian dew last season

the ones put out early (april 20th)yielded 1-2.5 kg
the ones i put out around june 15th(they begin flowering beginning of august) yielded 500-600 grams

just vegged them in Big containers , topped them multiple times and trained them oh yeah and a good organic soilmix doing all the work

but it is higly strain dependant i guess

it is especially the amount of branching and genetics that matter

plus outdoors there is always a gradual transition from veg to flower , meaning they get a LOT bigger in the period between the 2(so between floweirng and veg)

F

feral

to many variables to tell you, you have to figure:
1. strain and pheno type.
2. size of holes and how were they prepared.
3. how much water/nutes are they getting
4. how much sun
5. weather and animal concerns
6. your growing experience with the strain and experience overall.
7. did you top, lst, etc.
Personally I always look at the lower end and plan accordingly. If I get more great. If not then my bubble doesn't get busted.

THC, when you say "put out June 15" do mean putting out a clone, or planting a seed? 500g from a seed planted on June 15 is pretty incredible, no matter what strain. From a clone would be much more doable. Anyway, was just curious.

Sky High, my guess would be in the 200-400g range, but considering I've never done it, that's all it is, a guess. Good luck!

hanuman

I never weigh my harvest, but in the past, I have germinated seeds mid-june, put them in the ground around july 14th and still got plants of a nice size in October, i.e 200 g/plant or more, I'd say. Nice little bushes between 1 and 1.50 meters I'd say. Not one-kilo-trees like plants planted in April, of course, but still nice bushes.

Now soil preparation and plant maintenance is important here, of course.
For info, I'm roughly at the same latitude as you, slightly further south (44.5°N).

h

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Im planting week old seedlings this week. On october 1, they will be 2 meters tall and have 300-500 grams of weed, depending on the strain.

Ive grown critical mass and if you plant a seedling today, it will break itself over by the end of september with bud weight if it isnt staked up

whats this 50grams stuff.

This is outdoor. I get 60 grams from an indoor plant with 30 days of veg, but again, this is the great outdoors. Old sol is like 20 times as powerful as indoor lighting and the plants should be over your head by oct.

80% of the plants total growth occurs from july 1 to august 15. get them in the ground.

THC123

Veteran
well first off all by not planting them so close to each other

second by tying them horizontally

third : by topping them

4 a BIG hole with GOOD soil and monthly topdressing

and 5 the biggest factor , the right pheno of the right strain

Maybe I need to medicate as I havent yet today, but I cant seem to figure out the equation/question the OP is throwing out there.

Skyhigh, the trend in outdoor growing, at least with me and the circles I am with, is to go big. Lower numbers, big plants. You requested some data on yield for outdoor. Experienced outdoor growers are giving you good advice, and you appear to be arguing against and then trying to convince us/them that a 1000 (my number not yours) 36" single-cola plants in a sog on our property is better in terms of yield.

How about Jail? I dont care if you have grown for 30 years...how about jail with hundreds of plants on property? Maybe you dont care, thats cool - alot of us didnt care for years either but feel we have some other options now - this may not be appropriate for your state laws however and that is understood.

Your plants look great btw, so this isnt about that. So, in an effort to contribute...is this thread about "yield expectation OD with 60-70 days of veg", or is it about how you get over 500g's with your outdoor 20g lollipops?

May not feel you need it with your current experience, but outside of actually getting your hands dirty, 90% of what you need to know is right here in this $99.99 powerpacked multi master-grower collaborative full color book from ICmag publishing available for free for a limited time only: :yay: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=159846&page=96

Best wishes and hope your season ends up great!:wave:

Sky high

yea, you should find a good place where you can grow 10 plants.

maybe you don't understand the title of this thread.

this thread is an actuall question about the average yield with 60 days veg outdoors from seed so please don't come here to speak me about laws or what your round likes. who asked that what do you think what is the trend? it's mid June and you can't get half kilo yielder monsters in 4 months from seeds what germinates nowadays.

by the way I think it's a safer and easier way to produce a half kilo weed, to grow more 50-60 grammer plants with 60 days veg (more plant is better cause one plant can die by dears, rabbits, slugs, bugs..) than one, BIG 3 metres tall, 3 metres wide plant what takes much more veg time and care till reach that size plus it can be too spectacular.

sky