What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Growers and Medical Users

Snype

Veteran
Yup, the snow is here. I really hope power doesn't go out. I had a power outage before that lasted a little while and had to figure out a way to not lose all my backed up Moms in my bubble cloner. I went to home depot and bought a 400 Watt inverter and hooked it up to a car battery. Worked perfect!

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahaha, good call.
so you ran an extension cord from your car to your cloner. nice.. i have an e z cloner, and cuts die fast if the power goes out

Snype

Veteran
Yeah it was pretty cool. I couldn't believe that it worked. I was asking everyone at home depot what I can do to get a little power and they said nothing at all so I just looked around and bumped into that inverter. Saved my life! Good thing that I can think fast under stress. It's a good thing too because I was able to save my Strawberry Cough which took me years to find this specific pheno.

archie123

gmg,sype.....don't even say that sh@#$ power lines in this area crap @best,,,did 11 days w/o last yr,,,you boys scare me////lol,,could suk......no, good luck to all,but leave the frekn lights on????????NYD,sharksbrea
th,abv gnd...good stuff,,,thanks 2 all///A1
lsd,godberry,not yet...2morow???
snype,good lookn bbbc, got a pk 2 do ,very interested thanks...

Last edited:

ronbo51

Veteran
I moved from Maine several years back. I t was always pretty loose.I think it was behind only Alaska when I moved there in the early eighties. One ounce 200$ fine no record. But growing was always a real crime. They always went after growers and took it as far as they could. And of course the feds will always jump in if your numbers were high. But since I moved away the whole medical angle has come into play. And I must admit I don't know what the rules are. Can someone fill me in? I am thinking of going up in the Spring and doing a run and I want to know if I need to get patients lined up now, or whether I am just going to do a guerrilla run . I just want to know the deal?? Thanks.

UpInTheCut

I moved from Maine several years back. I t was always pretty loose.I think it was behind only Alaska when I moved there in the early eighties. One ounce 200$ fine no record. But growing was always a real crime. They always went after growers and took it as far as they could. And of course the feds will always jump in if your numbers were high. But since I moved away the whole medical angle has come into play. And I must admit I don't know what the rules are. Can someone fill me in? I am thinking of going up in the Spring and doing a run and I want to know if I need to get patients lined up now, or whether I am just going to do a guerrilla run . I just want to know the deal?? Thanks.

MAXIMUM PENALTIES
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 plants or less[/FONT] - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]class E misdemeanor [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6 months [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 - 100 plants - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]class D misdemeanor [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 year [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]100 - 500 plants - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]class C felony [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 years [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More than 500 plants[/FONT] - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]class B felony [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10 years [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$20,000

the most lenient laws in the country now with medical laws passed
this is going to bring SO MUCH MONEY TO MAINE
[/FONT]

Snype

Veteran
MAXIMUM PENALTIES
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 plants or less[/FONT] - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]class E misdemeanor [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6 months [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 - 100 plants - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]class D misdemeanor [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 year [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]100 - 500 plants - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]class C felony [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 years [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More than 500 plants[/FONT] - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]class B felony [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10 years [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$20,000

the most lenient laws in the country now with medical laws passed
this is going to bring SO MUCH MONEY TO MAINE
[/FONT]

That seems too good to believe! :jump: If this is true I'm going to start looking for a couple places up there ASAP! :jump:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
So, now that it's that time of year, what's everyone growing outside this year? I'm leaning towards Mandala #1, because my usual staple, Biddy Early is not available. Nor, is Early Queen from Shanti. I really want to run that one someday!

Snype

Veteran
yea, i try to stay under 100 plants. and not have a huge power bill.
no problems tho, it IS vacation land. and when growing weed is your job, then it truly is. :D
big gap in the 100 - 500 range.
but check this thread.. should give u more hope!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=161183

OMG! I hope i'm not dreaming right now. I'm moving to Maine! I always thought it was strict there. My boy in 1996 did a year for an ounce. But I guess things have changed. Glad I was on here today. Changes all my plans. :jump:

UpInTheCut

So, now that it's that time of year, what's everyone growing outside this year? I'm leaning towards Mandala #1, because my usual staple, Biddy Early is not available. Nor, is Early Queen from Shanti. I really want to run that one someday!

Timewarp f5 Next Generation Seed Co.
I had a buddy growing the Timewarp x Romulan from them and it was dope ..so I'm expecting really good things I bought the 100 pack from them.
Great Genetics for this area :crazy mold resistant, frost resistant, finishes at the latest Sept 30 and lemony pledge smoke gear
yum
Also Growing some Matanuska Tundra got the seeds at a festival
a couple years ago...the Guy who gave them to me seemed legit, but you never know.

Last year I popped a 20 pack of Mandala Safari Mix
I got 10 females around a bunch of different phenos
they went till Oct. 15 and could have gone longer
The potency was just not there....

ronbo51

Veteran
Well, I guess Maine still has a lot of shit to shovel as far as the details on medical. I have several people interested in my place because I have 3000 sq feet under roof in an ag building and 40 acres. I don't know if I should hang on to it and grow or sell it to a grower. I don't live there any more so its complicated. But Maine was always a good place to grow. Great people, lots of open land, decent laws. When news comes out on the direction Maine is going please post it as you become informed. Maybe this can turn Maine's moribund economy around and turn all that marginal agricultural land into profit generating, tax revenue producing farmland.

ronbo51

Veteran
BTW, does anyone know why the New England Growers thread does not move up even though it gets regular postings? I always have to go searching for it.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
BTW, does anyone know why the New England Growers thread does not move up even though it gets regular postings? I always have to go searching for it.

Just subscribe to it... that way it will always be in your 'my ic' tab. Or, you could just bookmark the thread..

mgk :wave:

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
It does get bumped just like all the other threads, but lots of threads get regular postings. It's why IC is so great. :biggrin:

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so this was my old reverse osmosis filter. she was pumping out a whopping 2 p.s.i. of water that was filtered through that \/. NOT GOOD. old waters dumped. res is clean. and the new filter is in. we r running at the reg 50 p.s.i. and getting a solid stream of clean water now... no 2 psi drop bullshit.
in turn. my clones are taking good now. a few more days ill have some great looking roots. the C99's rooted fastest. i cant wait to smoke that bitch!
grabbing my seeds in a day or 2. dutchgrown. that grape sorbet sounds great (Blue Satellite x C99)
also. heres a flying dutchmen mother pic.
picture.php

picture.php

-=- flying Dman
picture.php

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Timewarp f5 Next Generation Seed Co.
I had a buddy growing the Timewarp x Romulan from them and it was dope ..so I'm expecting really good things I bought the 100 pack from them.
Great Genetics for this area :crazy mold resistant, frost resistant, finishes at the latest Sept 30 and lemony pledge smoke gear
yum
Also Growing some Matanuska Tundra got the seeds at a festival
a couple years ago...the Guy who gave them to me seemed legit, but you never know.

Last year I popped a 20 pack of Mandala Safari Mix
I got 10 females around a bunch of different phenos
they went till Oct. 15 and could have gone longer
The potency was just not there....

Found some Mr. Nice Early pearl x Skunk #1 at another site. One problem..... I'm worried they're old and might have bad germ rates.
Every year it seems the same thing, outside season is upon us and nobody has early outside seeds for sale??? WTF! :dunno: