What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Python Invasion

madrecinco

Veteran
It seems that so many ppl have let their pet pythons loose in the Everglades over the years and that they have colonized and now appear to be a danger. They have worked their way up the coast to the county below me and the University of Florida is working on how to control it. I have to watch for gators on walks with my grandson and I guess now I have to watch for pythons. They will eat a gator so we are screwed if we come across one. But it is upsetting the balance of nature here as they survive anywhere a gator lives and it looks like pythons might well scare the tourists off INDEED! I really don't think pythons are a good pet and if you do get one don't let it loose and upset the balance of nature. I hate snakes anyway.

I can't get that vision of that python eating that gator out of my head though.....ewwwwwww:wallbash:

Stevius

This looks like a job for

chuck-norris.jpg

madrecinco

Veteran
Yeah right? Granny is seriously AFRAID!!!!!! And I am not afraid of much....but gators and snakes are high on my fear list. Can pythons climb to upper floors of condos. I am never leaving home again.
This is a serious new situation here. Well we have alligator hunting season now. Python skins make good exotic leather accessories. A new business oppurtunity in Florida.

madrecinco

Veteran
i love reptiles but its an ecological disaster

INDEED! Responsible pet lovers are ok. Lots of ppl love reptiles. But it is not right to just let them loose in this environment here to colonize.
But granny likes to look at snakes at the zoo and not in my area of ambulating daily. I can't run fast NO MO! I hope pythons don't eat old ladies or baby boys.....but if you will eat a gator.....you will eat anything....

If somebody wants to cut and paste that pic it will gross you out.

Granny has to go to a tea dance and collect signature for legalization here in Florida from old geezer voters.... So much to do and so little time to do it. Now I gotta worry about PYTHONS!!!!!!:wallbash:

Have a good day my fellow tokers of the world......WEED LIBRE!!!!!!!!!!:joint:

B

buddymate

Isnt that pic of the electrocuted python taken in south africa?

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
don't forget about all the wild iguana down there.... some are downright mean. Same case... pet owners just let them go and they love the tropical air down there.

Original

madrecinco, I think you need some lessons off of HairlessCaveApe.

He seems to know how to use a shovel effectively lol

This just cracked me up:

I puttem in the freezer so they keep till whenever I wanna eatem. Its prety easy to just thawem when ya like and then skinnem and guttem. It works great! Pluss its jutsa bit creepy pullenem apart while theyre still movin. It might even be humane. Its just somthing the oltimers showed me.

Its free food madrecinco! could help with the current economy!

I'm full for now though so I'll pass, more for you guys.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Here's how you catch them.

You get a buddy & find their den.
picture.php

Go get the snake allow it to bite you.
picture.php

Your buddy pulls you out once the snake latches on.
I've seen them go feet first.
picture.php

Go home & clean your dinner.
picture.php

Kit

well i hear florida has a lot of retirment houses.. maybe nature has it's own plan about that lol

GrüneErd

the majority of the big ones are burms (burmese pythons) and i've heard of a few retics, either way they'll be very obvious if they're large (my buddy used to have them in excess of 15', we're big reptile people, love em) and easy to stay away from once spotted.

however on average they're not nearly big enough to eat crocs or alligators (that one pic is def real, though it's very rare for them to do that) and i think it's awesome that they're spreading(i.e. makes America more wild feeling!), though you're right it is an ecological no-no.
this will just create more human intervention, i.e. more jobs, money, environmental damage, etc.

DON'T BUY A SNAKE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SKILL AND PROPER ENCLOSURE TO KEEP THEM ONCE THEY REACH THEIR ADULT SIZE. plan ahead people.
peace

B

buddymate

You can run faster,but these ones lie in ambush,strike as you pass and quickly throw a few coils around you,then they begin to squeeze and tighten,every time you exhale....................:1help:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Most pythons in the pet industry are not a real threat to an adult human, yes Anacondas, Retics, and big burms can be. But regular folks have no business owning them as pets. More stupid pet owners giving animals a bad reputation.:mad:

U

ureapwhatusow

Most pythons in the pet industry are not a real threat to an adult human, yes Anacondas, Retics, and big burms can be. But regular folks have no business owning them as pets. More stupid pet owners giving animals a bad reputation.:mad:

they wreak havoc on indigenous life which has not adapted to defending itself from this alien organism

other than that reptiles are absolutely amazing creatures

Funny this was posted, a few days ago I saw a 12-15' MONSTER burmese while riding my bike....I thought it was fake at first. Needless to say I got my thrills for the week, it looked like it had just eaten a rabbit/raccoon/something that size and was probably still hungry!! ahhh

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
The only python you guys should be worried about in Florida is the ANACONDA in my PANTS .. MEH HEHE HE hE he h heHE hEhHE

Im more afraid of gators than i am of snakes , i saw a viral video of this asian guy who does tricks with gators like moving his hand quickly through the inside of his jaws, well this one time he fucked up and the gator bit, did the death roll and basically turns his arm into a meat twizzler, luckily he twisted around with the gator in the death roll and didnt lose his arm, granted its all fucked up but he kept it & and if you happened to see the video you know i mean it when i say hes lucky he got to keep it cuz that gator was trying to twist it off as a lil snack.

PSA - Stop fuckin around with large predators morons