What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

using Co2 in res! crazy results!

KUSHEATER1

http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=109&pictureid=4596This is my next round of dank I have to say if I dont use any additives I can get this kind of radical robust growth with rez temps around 80-84 without the fear of root rot and I use no CO2 so I have seen the benefits but if you use additives and get temps that high in my time around the table I have had a whole harvest just die.I also have noticed that at colder rez temps I get slower growth and longer to get into flower...

rooted

i don't think that can be classified as an experiment

obviously, he should have used clones

for those who don't want to bother with the video, its simply 3 dwc plants from seed, the one with co2 in the res and higher temps is bigger than the other 2.

i'm sure someone has done a proper experiment with co2 and res temps

KUSHEATER1

true not a complete experiment but it shows that temps higher than 69 won't cause auto root rot as many have speculated

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
<---80deg on average in bucket and the green hornet (green algae) is my only nemesis. No additives either. Just M and B from GH.

loco81

i agree wasnt the best expierment but i dont have the proper stuff to do it right but you still cant really agrue with results i dont think.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
i agree wasnt the best expierment but i dont have the proper stuff to do it right but you still cant really agrue with results i dont think.

You're absolutely right bro. Co2 attributes to the carbon mass of the plant - hell yeah they'll boost up. My only concern would be pumping it directly into the res. Nice thread Loco81.

thecloset

im really interested to know if it actually works tho... this would make it possible to have the benefits of co2 without having to spend the time and money necessary to seal the grow room and control the fans

cheeseysynapse

I have thought about using Co2 in a rez myself.....BUT, I don't think the dude did that.

Where or when did he say "I'm putting Co2 in the rez" I never heard that. A lot of growers use the phrase "adding co2" but, they almost always refer to the room.

From what I can tell, the experiment was a water temp experiment. Plant 1 was at 69 deg. Plant 2 69 deg + Co2. Plant 3 was 83 deg. + Co2.

I went through a couple pages of the thread and I don't think anyone was under the assumption that this dude was adding Co2 to the rez.

G

i don't think that can be classified as an experiment

obviously, he should have used clones

for those who don't want to bother with the video, its simply 3 dwc plants from seed, the one with co2 in the res and higher temps is bigger than the other 2.

i'm sure someone has done a proper experiment with co2 and res temps

My thoughts exactly. Growing from seed adds too much variability to begin with.

co2 was not injected into the resevoir, he simply tested different res temps, first res, temp 69, second res temp 69 and co2 run in the grow area, third res higher 83 temp and co2 in the grow area.

G

Gobwats

co2 was not injected into the resevoir, he simply tested different res temps, first res, temp 69, second res temp 69 and co2 run in the grow area, third res higher 83 temp and co2 in the grow area.

I would hope so, CO2 in the root zone can be toxic. Plants absorb CO2 through their leaves, they absorb O2 through their root system.

loco81

well on page 4 of that he goes into detail about what he does and he does put it into the res

I have thought about using Co2 in a rez myself.....BUT, I don't think the dude did that.

Where or when did he say "I'm putting Co2 in the rez" I never heard that. A lot of growers use the phrase "adding co2" but, they almost always refer to the room.

From what I can tell, the experiment was a water temp experiment. Plant 1 was at 69 deg. Plant 2 69 deg + Co2. Plant 3 was 83 deg. + Co2.

I went through a couple pages of the thread and I don't think anyone was under the assumption that this dude was adding Co2 to the rez.

loco81

if you read the whlole thread it may open some eyes but like i sadi i am no expert but he is def. putting co2 in to the res i have been doing it for a couple weeks now to. this being my first grow i dont know what would have been like without it but so far so good!

I would hope so, CO2 in the root zone can be toxic. Plants absorb CO2 through their leaves, they absorb O2 through their root system.

clide

im very very interested as to your findings loco. i also correctly read the thread, ages ago, and have since thought about it a little bit. im not sure how it would affect plants that do not have their photosynthesizing vegetative matter fully submerged in the water. i mean cannabis IS in fact a C4 plant so who knows the extent to which it can absorb nutrients.

are you insinuating that adding the CO2 will some how be added in such great quantity that it pushes the oxygen out of the liquid? im sure these type of CO2 reactors only put out 30-130ppm per day, so im sure its fine unless you have a SWC(shallow water culture).

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
The testing is interesting BUT, Like mentioned above, growing from seeds provide to much chance on getting slow growers to robust growers.

I have 18 plants right now that are all under the same exact conditions for 60 days. Some are full short and squat while others are taller and thinner in foliage. Same strain, same batch of seed.

Although I do believe that CO2 is beneficial, this particular experiment is unreliable because he used seeds and not clones off of one mother which would have given him identical conditions for all 3.

Latest posts

Latest posts