What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wow...hydro hut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2 years of experiencing nothing but difficulty maintaining pristine plants I began to drive myself crazy trying to figure out why my plants would yellow and die halfway through growth.

I had grown in a closet for 5 years prior to this and had nothing but thriving, beautiful monster plants...thought a hydro hut would be a nice upgrade.

I changed nutrients countless times, changed PH solutions, bought a NEW tds meter, ditched equipment, ditched Scrog (thinking it was stressing plants), and basically tried everything. Same thing every grow...yellowing from bottom up til the leaves dried and fell off like clockwork.

I just now came across the Hydro Hut threads and the recall and I'm FLABBERGASTED, angered, astonished, blown away...

YET...I am the happiest person ever...my problems may be solved and I have hope that I can grow perfect plants once again....

My question for everyone is...what should I do? Growing in a closet is not an option anymore, I'm very bad with tools and crap so I can't make anything myself.

Is there an alternative out there that works/is safe for plants? I researched a bit and most people just said to stay away from huts for now...help!

Can't wait to trash this toxic POS. Thousands of dollars in both time and money have been wasted on this crap. :fsu:

BubsNugs

yea isnt it fucked the deal with those things???? As for what to do now i know u dont have good tool skillz but surely u could staple up some plastic n make yer own flowering area pretty easily???

Peace

Sundance

Ogstradamus said:
After 2 years of experiencing nothing but difficulty maintaining pristine plants I began to drive myself crazy trying to figure out why my plants would yellow and die halfway through growth.

I had grown in a closet for 5 years prior to this and had nothing but thriving, beautiful monster plants...thought a hydro hut would be a nice upgrade.

I changed nutrients countless times, changed PH solutions, bought a NEW tds meter, ditched equipment, ditched Scrog (thinking it was stressing plants), and basically tried everything. Same thing every grow...yellowing from bottom up til the leaves dried and fell off like clockwork.

I just now came across the Hydro Hut threads and the recall and I'm FLABBERGASTED, angered, astonished, blown away...

YET...I am the happiest person ever...my problems may be solved and I have hope that I can grow perfect plants once again....

My question for everyone is...what should I do? Growing in a closet is not an option anymore, I'm very bad with tools and crap so I can't make anything myself.

Is there an alternative out there that works/is safe for plants? I researched a bit and most people just said to stay away from huts for now...help!

Can't wait to trash this toxic POS. Thousands of dollars in both time and money have been wasted on this crap. :fsu:

Its a bit shocking that you are just discovering this now, considering all the threads and talk about white plastic toxic tents - and HH was not the only company with this problem - see the other threads in this section of IC

Best thing to do ... if you have a legitimate claim ... is get in touch directly with Hydro Hut and tell them your story

IMHO there is NO CURE for white plastic toxicity ... except to toss them in the trash

Hydro Hut went back to the drawing board, improved and re-designed their tents, it took a year ... but currently HH has a new line of tents that are now just available using a silver lining

I just got my replacement tents ... they are sent up 3 days now

The tents are beautiful ... Same great HH quality .. heavy black canvas, with royal blue trim ... Inside, the silver lining is made of great and rugged reflective material .. there are sleeves to fit ducting and electrical wires thru that can then be tightened to secure all and prevent light leaks .. additionally, there are velcro packs all around to keep all flaps, even the door in place too

Over all quality is excellent

My plants are in the new tents 3 days now .. clones doing GREAT .. and flowering tent is doing FANTASTIC ... no yellowing .. lots more crystals .. more green and totally, totally dank

I threw my toxic tents in the trash last night - fantastic feeling ... and am very, very happy to say - this shit is over

Great big up to Hydro Hut for standing strongly behind their product, being gentleman, and supporting their customers ... I am very, very pleased with my new tents .. and am a very loyal HH fan

Last edited:

neuroherb

If the tent is a geniune HydroHut then the first thing to do is contact them and get the canvas swapped. I agree on there is no solution to the plastic toxic problem in the tents that have it so I would push for a new skin rather than a fix. I haven't read anyone complaining that HH have not honoured their recall so that would be the first option.

If its not HH but one of the other brands affected then given the time you have had the tent its doubtful a retailer would honour there obligations to swap without problems, but you could try contacting the brand manufacturer. See Sundances comments in the other thread as he shows a lot of the PVC tents are made by one Chinese manufacturer with many generic brands inporting them under there name. Most likely its toss the skin in the bin and wrap mylar round the frame.

Thanks for the awesome replies guys...this is just what I wanted to know. I can't believe how long it took me to figure this out. I stopped frequenting the boards simply because my grows stopped being successful and I lost a lot of interest in growing...thinking I was just cursed, tired of thinking of new ways to make my plants not yellow.

So if I read clearly...I can bundle up my tent and get a new replacement from HH with silver lining and upgraded velcro stuff? Awesome...props to HH for at least taking responsibility, I've seen many companies in complete denial.

I've got about 3-4 weeks left on this harvest...may just leave it and start anew next grow. These yields are pathetic lol.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Return that Hydrohut and get a Secret Jardin tent.. They are better than Hydrohut tents, and I've used multiple models of both. Oh yeah they have not had any problems with poison off-gassing at all. Homebox tents have been problem free as well though i've never used one.

Sundance, the way you describe things, you would think Hydrohut had handled this issue properly.. Sorry, but imo you're 100% wrong, and reading your post, sounds to me like you work for them or something along those lines. Same feeling looking over your past posts on the matter.. You have been blindly defending them for over a year now.. Its very obvious your opinion is not objective. Woo, the royal blue trim is sooooo nice. hahaha.

Oh they added ducting socks? Sounds like they are just copying the Jardin tent and Homebox anyways.

So here's some truth about the matter:

Hydrohut left their poisonous tents on the market for an entire year while this went on and I know personally that they were fully aware of the problem from the beginning. They did not know what the problem was at first, but they knew their new tents were causing massive problems, and they DID NOT stop selling them. They also refused to give anyone a refund. They sent people new poles instead thinking that was the problem... Then told people to try wiping down the inside of the tent with rubbing alcohol (while heating the tent to 100 degrees or so.)

Seriously, they did everything they could to avoid people getting a refund.

What happened when they finally did a recall? They made everyone send back their covers, wait however long, then they shipped the covers back with NOTHING fixed. Fucked everyone all over again!

They claimed they hired bad temp workers who did not apply their magical fix. You would think after screwing people out of months of time and untold effort that they would have monitored these temp workers or something. In the end it is obvious there is no fixing the covers, so who knows what the whole recall thing was about..

Homebox and Secret Jardin tents NEVER had these problems. There is just no reason whatsoever for anyone to do business with Hydrohut when the facts are on the table and there are superior options available.

Last edited:
Mr. Bongjangles said:
Return that Hydrohut and get a Secret Jardin tent.. They are better than Hydrohut tents, and I've used multiple models of both. Oh yeah they have not had any problems with poison off-gassing at all. Homebox tents have been problem free as well though i've never used one.

Sundance, the way you describe things, you would think Hydrohut had handled this issue properly.. Sorry, but imo you're 100% wrong, and reading your post, sounds to me like you work for them or something along those lines. Same feeling looking over your past posts on the matter.. You have been blindly defending them for over a year now.. Its very obvious your opinion is not objective. Woo, the royal blue trim is sooooo nice. hahaha.

Oh they added ducting socks? Sounds like they are just copying the Jardin tent and Homebox anyways.

Hydrohut left their poisonous tents on the market for an entire year while this went on and I know personally that they were fully aware of the problem from the beginning. They did not know what the problem was at first, but they knew their new tents were causing massive problems, and they DID NOT stop selling them. They also refused to give anyone a refund. They sent people new poles instead thinking that was the problem... Then told people to try wiping down the inside of the tent with rubbing alcohol (while heating the tent to 100 degrees or so.)

What happened when they finally did a recall? They made everyone send back their covers, wait however long, then they shipped the covers back with NOTHING fixed. Fucked everyone all over again!

They claimed they hired bad temp workers who did not apply their magical fix. You would think after screwing people out of months of time and untold effort that they would have monitored these temp workers or something. In the end it is obvious there is no fixing the covers, so who knows what the whole recall thing was about..

Homebox and Secret Jardin tents NEVER had these problems. There is just no reason whatsoever for anyone to do business with Hydrohut when the facts are on the table and there are superior options available.

You sir have me sold...has ANYONE had problems with Secret Jardin? Quality is good all around?

Once again thanks for helpin me out, feel out of the internet loop nowadays.

*edit*
Checked out secret jardin's, they look VERY nice...somewhat pricey but it looks very worth it.

Last edited:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ogstradamus said:
You sir have me sold...has ANYONE had problems with Secret Jardin? Quality is good all around?

Once again thanks for helpin me out, feel out of the internet loop nowadays.

No worries.. I like the Jardin tents a lot. Overall quality is excellent. It is a well made and well thought out product. I would recommend one to my best friend without a second thought. There are some issues though..

The very first ones, which have not been sold for about a year, had zipper problems because they were too small and needed more covering on the zippers from the inside because the stitching area let some light through. Some people had the zippers break and come off the track. Mine is still OK, but the zipper is just hard to move and I have to be careful because I know the complaints are legit. Don't get one used unless you know its the new model.

The 2008 models (with green logos, as pictured below) addressed those issues and they now have big zippers like the hydrohut and large flaps on the inside to ensure no light gets in and better stitching. I have a new one and an old one, and the new one is just perfect. The zipper moves effortlessly, better than the Hydrohut zippers which are actually really good too.

Some people have reported pinholes appearing in the Jardin tent, especially those who have repeatedly taken their tents down and set them back up. I think the reflective material keeps punctures open more than the old style hydrohut material, so perhaps their new model will have this issue too, but I think the heavier outside material will make it more resistant to the problem. I think the cats with pinholes have put a little black paint on the holes or something simple along those lines.

If that really bothers you, check out the new Homebox Silver models, which have a Jardin-style ceiling support and silver interior. It has the thicker canvas style exterior apparently, so best of both worlds from a company who was never mixed up in this poison tent thing. I've just not used one so can't give it the same strong recommendation as the Jardin. Homebox corners are supposedly made from less tough plastic than the Jardin ones, so I'd like to know if they fixed that with their new models, but otherwise the Homebox Silver ones look like the slightly superior tent so I'd check those out too.

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
No worries.. I like the Jardin tents a lot. Overall quality is excellent. It is a well made and well thought out product. I would recommend one to my best friend without a second thought. There are some issues though..

The very first ones, which have not been sold for about a year, had zipper problems because they were too small and needed more covering on the zippers from the inside because the stitching area let some light through. Some people had the zippers break and come off the track. Mine is still OK, but the zipper is just hard to move and I have to be careful because I know the complaints are legit. Don't get one used unless you know its the new model.

The 2008 models (with green logos, as pictured below) addressed those issues and they now have big zippers like the hydrohut and large flaps on the inside to ensure no light gets in and better stitching. I have a new one and an old one, and the new one is just perfect. The zipper moves effortlessly, better than the Hydrohut zippers which are actually really good too.

Some people have reported pinholes appearing in the Jardin tent, especially those who have repeatedly taken their tents down and set them back up. I think the reflective material keeps punctures open more than the old style hydrohut material, so perhaps their new model will have this issue too, but I think the heavier outside material will make it more resistant to the problem. I think the cats with pinholes have put a little black paint on the holes or something simple along those lines.

If that really bothers you, check out the new Homebox Silver models, which have a Jardin-style ceiling support and silver interior. It has the thicker canvas style exterior apparently, so best of both worlds from a company who was never mixed up in this poison tent thing. I've just not used one so can't give it the same strong recommendation as the Jardin. Homebox corners are supposedly made from less tough plastic than the Jardin ones, so I'd like to know if they fixed that with their new models, but otherwise the Homebox Silver ones look like the slightly superior tent so I'd check those out too.

That's great Bo

Now compare all that to Hydro Hut's new line up of just released silver lined tents with heavy canvas, the new design changes, the original zippers, and made of excellent quality ... and tell us what you think ?

Last edited:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:
Wow ...

Every asshole is entitled to their opinion Bo - even you .. and I dont need you to tell me " the truth " .. lol

I .. like many of us .. were there .. had toxic tents .. and lived thru it

Sorry to burst your little bubble ... but No ... I dont work for Hydro Hut .. I am just a guy who bought Hydro Hut's product (2 tents) because friends of mine have been using them very successfully for years and loved the product

My bad luck to get toxic tents ... and imho .. Not Hydro Huts fault .. and certainly not done intentionally

I think Hydro Hut handled it as best they could .. far better than all the others brands .. including Homobox ... who never admitted their problems ... and Hydro Hut in the face of something that no one has ever seen, or experienced before got off their duff ... did their best to first recognize the problem .. then tried to find a way to fix it - they did this at their own expense - not the customers .. and to avoid having to trash the lot

Finally, they had to accept defeat - that white plastic toxic tents cant be fixed - and it was best to trash them

As for pulling them from the market .. Hydro Hut did their part .. but who can stop unscrupulous wholesalers, even retailers and people on e-bay from pulling them off the shelves

It was, and still is an incredibly costly mistake for Hydro Hut .. Hydro Hut could have easily, and very early on busted the company ... told you, me, everyone to go fuck themselves and walked away ... never happened .. Just the opposite .. Hydro Hut hung in there in the face of onslaughts by assholes like yourself .. and all the shit thrown at them

The only fix for Hydro Hut was to pull everything off the market which they did ... re-design their tents ... it took a year ... during that time Hydro Hut was very much around ... although they sold - ZERO ... the new re-designed product is excellent .. and Hydro Hut's problems with white plastic toxicity are now nearly over

The new tents are in .. I just got mine .. and like I said in my last post .. my plants are in 3 days now ... and going great

My toxic tents were replaced for free .. Couldnt ask for more or better

Any company that did not face this problem was lucky .. but FACT IS ... this could have happened to anyone .. any company .. it was not done intentionally ... and it is not anything I would wish on you, me, or my worst enemy ... Lesser people would have told you to fuck off, busted the company and walked away ... but Hydro Hut hung in there ... did their best .. and are now replacing toxic tents with great new product ... Big up .. and ... There but by the grace of God go I ... Evan has been an absolute gentleman ... I couldnt ask for more or better ... thats why I support a company like that

Additionally Bo, didnt you ever learn ... dont ever kick a man when he is down, unless .. he is dead ... because chances are .. he is gonna get back up ... meaner . more angry .. and badder than ever before

Why criticize something when you have never seen it before ? .. yes .. the blue is nice .. and quite possibly ... Hydro Hut's new tents are a lot nicer, better built, and better designed that Secret Jardin, or Homebox - I wouldnt know ... I never seen Secret Jardin or Homebox

What's your story Bo ? .. Who do you work for ? .. why such hatred ?

Hydro Hut has survived this mess .. and like many companies that have come before and had problems .. and fixed them .. Hydro Hut will go on to become a better company .. and all this shit about white plastic toxicity .. will become nothing but a footnote in time

* Wish I could post pics .. but had trouble with my computer .. had to re-load my operating system .. and now Photoshop is giving me trouble .. trying to sort it out .. need help from Adobe .. but its the weekend and the holidays

We clearly have different ideas about how things were handled..

You say you got a replacement tent for free and can ask for nothing more?

How about a refund rather than waiting a year or more for a proper replacement?

Good on them for replacing them in the end, but its odd that you don't see anything wrong with your money being out there for so long with nothing to show for it.

Call it what you want, but to me, they just hung on to fight another day, and forced everyone with the toxic tents to play it their way and wait on them for a resolution, rather than just offering a refund so these people could get something else and get on with their lives.

True, it wasn't just Hydrohut who was affected, but you say Homebox hid problems with their tents? Or "Homobox" as you call them (yeah you're not biased LOL - that is actually pretty funny tho.) That is not true as far as I can tell, as there do not appear to be any reports of offgassing problems with Homebox tents. No retailers I've been in touch with have reported any problems with Homebox and were all forthright about the Hydrohut issues. When Hydrohut was removed from reputable retailers shelves, Homebox remained.

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
We clearly have different ideas about how things were handled..

You say you got a replacement tent for free and can ask for nothing more?

Good on them for replacing them in the end, but its odd that you don't see anything wrong with your money being out there for so long with nothing to show for it.

Call it what you want, but to me, they just hung on to fight another day, and forced everyone with the toxic tents to play it their way and wait on them for a resolution, rather than just offering a refund so these people could get something else and get on with their lives.

True, it wasn't just Hydrohut who was affected, but you say Homebox hid problems with their tents? Or "Homobox" as you call them (yeah you're not biased LOL - that is actually pretty funny tho.) That is not true as far as I can tell, as there do not appear to be any reports of off gassing problems with Homebox tents. No retailers I've been in touch with have reported any problems with Homebox and were all forthright about the Hydro Hut issues. When Hydrohut was removed from reputable retailers shelves, Homebox remained.

Mr. Bongjangles said:

How about a free trip to Tahiti too ?

If Hydro Hut could have snapped their fingers and had this corrected and done with in a second - they would have ... this was not fun ... they were out of business for a year ... it took this amount of time to re-design, create, and ship new product

Additionally, HH did not take money directly .. retailers did, probably after buying from a wholesaler ... individuals were free to request refunds, or store credits from their retailers and many got them .. and HH did offer to take product back from wholesalers and retailers thru wholesalers too - HH took the hit ... heck all kinds of shit was going on ... and HH did their part

This whole thing ... and the last year sucked .. it sucked for everyone .. but its done and over

I got 2 brand new, beautiful, very well made, replacement tents for free ... Hydro Hut took the hit ... what else should I want or ask for

My environment is now correct ... and I am very pleased ... more so .. I know I am dealing with a reputable company, and an honest gentleman

I've got nothing to say about Homebox ... or Homobox ... except I dont care for white plastic tents ... and Dirk knows exactly how I feel about personal attacks, and trash talking without knowing the truth and all the facts

Lastly - A year plus ago ... Hydro Hut was the leading seller of tents ... and it had to do with making a beautiful and a quality product ... thats why we all bought them ... all that shit happened .. a year has passed ... and now Hydro Hut is back .. making a beautiful, correct and better quality product once again ... better people, and a better company because of it

Peace & Happy Holidays

Sundance

Last edited:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
The scary thing is, what were those tents doing to the peeps breathing in the fumes if they were killing plants that way......

I ended up throwing my HydroHut in a dumpster. $400 down the tubes. Built a 4x8 out of wood for about $100 that is much better all around than the huts for my needs.

neuroherb

If your new to these tents and looking to buy one then the options as I see them are Homebox & Secret Jardin have never been commented to specifically have a problem. Hydrohut were caught with the problem, but were the only one of those with the toxic problem to admit it and if slow at least deall with it as if they want to be an ongoing brand. That would suggest they will be making more tests before releasing products in the future, but hey no garauntee's and I haven't spoke directly to them.

I have been provided with a Homebox and will be testing it with a review going ito the stickied thread on this. Anyone with alternative brands is welcome to do the same particiularly on the Secret Jardin and new Hydrohuts. It might IMO be better to keep this discussion ongoing in that thread as this isn't a specific plant issue & I don't want to p*$$ the mods of with loads of general discussion threads about this in the infirmary.

IndoorMojo

Mr. Bongjangles said:

So here's some truth about the matter: [more like BS from Bongjangles]

A few clients did not want to wait for our fix and asked what they themselves could do at home. They were told that the fix couldn't be done at home and when again asked what they could do quickly, the inside wiping was recommended, but not at all as our first recommended avenue of fixing.

Another complete lie by Bongjangles. HydroHut did pull its tents from the market rather quickly. How a distributor of the tents follows HydroHuts wishes is different than what a mfr would like it to be. Perhaps the distributor didn't comply as fast as you would have liked but the process was put into place and tackling such a large area is no small feat. HydroHut gave refunds to clients over the entire USA and Canada through the authorized retailers selling the Huts. The clients went back to the stores with their tents, the stores issued credits to the clients, the wholesalers issued credits to the stores and HydroHuts paid the wholesalers for what they credited. This is how it worked all year. Why do you lie to this community by saying that HydroHuts "refused to give anyone credit"? Totally bunk Bongjangles. You are a clearly misinformed liar.

Once again false Bongjangles, HydroHut paid for UPS call tags to bring back the poles or the skins, which means HydroHut footed the bill. The reason that the poles were thought to be an issue, as stated many times by HydroHut, is that HydroHut thought they found the problems in the poles but that turned out to be a false positive in the testing. HydroHut paid for that mistake as well and they paid big. The fix on the skins did work to remove toxins and that toxicity was measured in the output from the machines employed to do the work, but not evenly so. As there was no guide on what to do, HydroHut measured gas off but failed to realize that the de-gassing wasn't happening evenly in the canvases. Again, HydroHut made a mistake to their detriment. Yes, mistakes were made but not on purpose. Running a national recall is no easy task for 3 people.[/COLOR]

Admitting to the problem, still the ONLY company to do so, was about caring for the clients. When the attempted fix didn't work, the refunding started right away. You cannot change the facts.

You don't have any facts on the table, you keep posting your version of the truth and since we three don't know you, you don't have any facts worth claiming are true. Secondly Homebox DID have problems with their tents in Spain and possibly elsewhere. Are you listening Bongjangles?!!!! Homebox has been lying to the world and doing so successfully with people like you towing their rope. Wake up!

Homeboxes plastic used to be nice and soft and full of plasticizers. They quietly changed mfrs in china and now use a stiff and brittle PE. Dear Dirk how many of your clients were affected by your tents before you switched plastics? Oh, and Dirk, be truthful, I have info from Eltac in Spain that makes you a liar. Secondly, your much touted "test" on your product is complete bullshit and has totally until now been fooling everyone. Here are some real facts on your test Dirk:

Testing plastic to a standard of children's toys and household items is USELESS!!! Children's toys are not enclosed grow tents with a heat source inside of them, nor are household items! You Dirk set this up very nicely to fool the majority of the people and it worked on people like Bongjangles. Homebox had to order that test to a standard. The standard chosen cannot see the toxicity at the levels needed to prove toxicity to plants. OOOOOOPS! Proof: Homebox's test was set to measure milligrams of different compounds. To kill a plant by pthalates or plasticizers, the toxicity is measured in picograms which are three orders of magnitude smaller than a milligram and therefore Homebox's test wasn't set to measure such a small amount and couldn't be regarded as anything useful towards this plant- plasticizer issue.

Instead, what did Dirk do, he went on and on about PVC and other plastics and compounds not being used by most mfrs but a great tool to scare people about their health. A picogram of certain plasticizers will kill plants but to hurt humans, that same plasticizer would have to be 3 orders of magnitude higher at the milligram level. Plants are not humans Dirk so scaring the world with your testing was totally unethical. It is the difference between 10 to the -3 and 10 to the -12 . Dirk you have NO idea how you are covering people's butts although you claim to. You simply got lucky because if you really knew what the problem was you wouldn't have made these basic testing mistakes.

Mr. Bongjangles, you have been duped and you have been blindly towing the line for a company that has lied to you and everyone else but in your blinded vendetta towards HydroHuts, you missed the truth and now you look untrustworthy. You have been so mean towards anyone that has stood up for HydroHuts that your bias makes you an unreliable source of information.

Lastly Dirk, using Greenpeace as your source of knowledge on plastics or plasticizers is like asking Eva Braun her opinion on Hitler. Any number of more reputable sites are available but I guess they didn't suit Homebox's claims and thus they weren't used.

HydroHut never intentionally hurt its customers. After 2 years of smooth sales with no problems, something was changed in our plastic behind our backs. We took responsibility for what happened and no, we are far from perfect and we did the best we could in this large recall. We made mistakes there too as it was our first recall and hopefully our last. We have paid a great sum to help remedy this situation and it started with care and balls to stand up and admit a problem. I see how spineless the larger companies are who wouldn't even stand up and be counted.

does anyone have contact info for the company? I have also been away from the boards for a while, and have 2 of the toxic white huts !!!! I was completely unaware... and my plants did yellow/die out a lot......

how do i get these replaced for free?
and is the toxicity of the plastic harmful to humans? ive spent a lot of time in that thing.....

Last edited:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IndoorMojo said:
You don't have any facts on the table, you keep posting your version of the truth and since we three don't know you, you don't have any facts worth claiming are true. Secondly Homebox DID have problems with their tents in Spain and possibly elsewhere. Are you listening Bongjangles?!!!! Homebox has been lying to the world and doing so successfully with people like you towing their rope. Wake up!

Homeboxes plastic used to be nice and soft and full of plasticizers. They quietly changed mfrs in china and now use a stiff and brittle PE. Dear Dirk how many of your clients were affected by your tents before you switched plastics? Oh, and Dirk, be truthful, I have info from Eltac in Spain that makes you a liar. Secondly, your much touted "test" on your product is complete bullshit and has totally until now been fooling everyone. Here are some real facts on your test Dirk:

Testing plastic to a standard of children's toys and household items is USELESS!!! Children's toys are not enclosed grow tents with a heat source inside of them, nor are household items! You Dirk set this up very nicely to fool the majority of the people and it worked on people like Bongjangles. Homebox had to order that test to a standard. The standard chosen cannot see the toxicity at the levels needed to prove toxicity to plants. OOOOOOPS! Proof: Homebox's test was set to measure milligrams of different compounds. To kill a plant by pthalates or plasticizers, the toxicity is measured in picograms which are three orders of magnitude smaller than a milligram and therefore Homebox's test wasn't set to measure such a small amount and couldn't be regarded as anything useful towards this plant- plasticizer issue.

Instead, what did Dirk do, he went on and on about PVC and other plastics and compounds not being used by most mfrs but a great tool to scare people about their health. A picogram of certain plasticizers will kill plants but to hurt humans, that same plasticizer would have to be 3 orders of magnitude higher at the milligram level. Plants are not humans Dirk so scaring the world with your testing was totally unethical. It is the difference between 10 to the -3 and 10 to the -12 . Dirk you have NO idea how you are covering people's butts although you claim to. You simply got lucky because if you really knew what the problem was you wouldn't have made these basic testing mistakes.

Mr. Bongjangles, you have been duped and you have been blindly towing the line for a company that has lied to you and everyone else but in your blinded vendetta towards HydroHuts, you missed the truth and now you look untrustworthy. You have been so mean towards anyone that has stood up for HydroHuts that your bias makes you an unreliable source of information.

Lastly Dirk, using Greenpeace as your source of knowledge on plastics or plasticizers is like asking Eva Braun her opinion on Hitler. Any number of more reputable sites are available but I guess they didn't suit Homebox's claims and thus they weren't used.

HydroHut never intentionally hurt its customers. After 2 years of smooth sales with no problems, something was changed in our plastic behind our backs. We took responsibility for what happened and no, we are far from perfect and we did the best we could in this large recall. We made mistakes there too as it was our first recall and hopefully our last. We have paid a great sum to help remedy this situation and it started with care and balls to stand up and admit a problem. I see how spineless the larger companies are who wouldn't even stand up and be counted.

Can you show me a grow in a Homebox that has offgas poisioning? I'm sure it was *just* in Spain. You realize that makes no sense?

I've heard that one before from some wildly pro-hydrohut person, and they couldn't come up with any Homebox grows showing "hydrohut syndrome" but I look forward to your attempt.

I stand by the statements in my post, regardless of your rambling attempt to make them look like "bullshit"

All my posts on the matter are objective and based on easily confirmable information. Your post is obviously just the Hydrohut perspective, and based on information you cannot confirm for us all here, specifically your claim that Homebox ever caused off-gas poisoning.

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
I stand by the statements in my post, regardless of your rambling attempt to make them look like "bullshit"

All my posts on the matter are objective and based on easily confirmable information.

I will step up here and say ... Bo ... you can stand by your statements ... but go back .. slow down ... and re-read our exchanges again

You should only speak for your own experience .. and not anyone else's ... especially the " collective "

Which makes your statements - subjective

Soe the wind ... reap the Whirlwind

Last edited:

maryj315

R.I.P. Overgrow said:
does anyone have contact info for the company? I have also been away from the boards for a while, and have 2 of the toxic white huts !!!! I was completely unaware... and my plants did yellow/die out a lot......

how do i get these replaced for free?
and is the toxicity of the plastic harmful to humans? ive spent a lot of time in that thing.....

Good question i would like to know the same thing

Mr Bongjangels thank you for being so diligent in this situation you were the person who saved me from wasting more time and money in my H.H.

I like the new product but i cant stand the attitude Mr B. did not put out a defective product H.H. did making him out to be the bad guy because of a problem H.H. is responsible for is bullshit

Seems if my memory serves me correct some one came in here trying to argue there was not a problem and was passing the buck on us well what a difference time makes

If it were me and my business i would apologize to Mr.B and make as much compensation as possible and let your product sell itself as it did before

IndoorMojo if you work for H.H. you should be fired never talk to any one in that manner while representing your company in a public place even if you are 100% correct all conversation should be held in private or not at all

Shooting the messenger does not work only prolongs the problem apologize and let your new product do the talking

Mj

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:

Maryj315 - with all due respect ... but if you think Hydro Hut should have to take bullshit, lying, wrong and misleading statements like this .. without answering and setting the record straight ... your greatly mistaken

This kinda crap is wrong on so many levels .. and the only one who should apologize for making wrong and misleading statements like this, is the person who wrote them ... its clear he doesnt know which way is up .. and is very wrong to speak for anyone other than himself

Go back and read my posts on page 1 of this thread and see why .. read slowly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.