Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Breeder's Laboratory > Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana

Thread Title Search
Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2018, 10:44 PM #121
OnceUpon

OnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the roughOnceUpon is a jewel in the rough
dedicated to the art!

finally got to test a bit of lighty seeded mextiza. lovely. i think you're in the right track with the these hybrids
OnceUpon is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:04 AM #122
Carraxe

Carraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really nice
This is the Jack Herer Mextiza I selected from more than 50 seeds. Very strong, tasty and fast. It's been flowering for 8 weeks but I'll wait till 9.

Much tastier than Jack, and smellier than Mextiza. Also produces more, and shines with resin. A very nice plant.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:04 AM #123
Carraxe

Carraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really niceCarraxe is just really nice
This is the Jack Herer Mextiza I selected from more than 50 seeds. Very strong, tasty and fast. It's been flowering for 8 weeks but I'll wait till 9.

Much tastier than Jack, and smellier than Mextiza. Also produces more, and shines with resin. A very nice plant.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 07:19 PM #124
Carraxe

In my latitude, the day is already long enough to take the mothers outdoors.

I usually hide them in the green mass I use to grow, between tomatoes, ipomoea, sunflower, etc. Plants grow nicer, greener, faster and stronger, and spider mites disappear outdoors.

Turning off my vegetative lights is also very good feeling.
Tomatoes are still little.

But cat mint is already a very good bush to hide my mothers.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:54 PM #125
Carraxe

Just a couple of Red Snake males I keep. They are now flowering, I want to freeze some pollen to pollinate a couple of females that stand out.

The Colombian Punto Rojo influences a lot the cross. Effect, taste, bud structure, are quite different to related plants I already know, like Mextiza.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2018, 11:59 AM #126
Carraxe

My (Jack Herer-Mextiza) x Ghana plants.

They look good under the sun.

I wonder what smell they will have, and if they will be as slow as Ghanaians or the hybridization will have its effect on harvest time. I hope to have some bitter lime and some 12 weekers between the plants.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2018, 02:37 PM #127
Carraxe

A couple of months ago I made a new cross I believed that would bring new life to the Mextiza strain. I crossed my selected Jack Herer Mextiza plant (selected between more than 30 females, although all of them were very similar) with pollen from a Old Mextiza male.

So I've made a kind of backcross using different lines and using my Jack Herer. I've been working with this Jack for years, she doesn't throw in any strange flavour or smell, just boosts the ones that are already there. Effect is all in the brain, you can't feel body numbness.

The Jack Herer Mextiza were very good and very similar to Mextiza. I believe this new cross (3/4 Mextiza, 1/4 Jack Herer) will provide with the high and the smell of the Mextiza and some new vigor, so probably some effects due to inbreeding could be solved. Let's see.

In a couple months I'll start growing the seeds.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:13 PM #128
CARCHOFA

CARCHOFA is a jewel in the roughCARCHOFA is a jewel in the roughCARCHOFA is a jewel in the roughCARCHOFA is a jewel in the roughCARCHOFA is a jewel in the roughCARCHOFA is a jewel in the roughCARCHOFA is a jewel in the rough
Nice work you are doing with sativas mate! I alway say that we have to do what we like to, so there is no better way than growing the varieties that we enjoy. Sativas make you enjoy daytime I think, doing things more or less creative, exercise... And indicas are more usefull to relax and to take a brake.
Doing this cross surely you will add vigor to your favourite weed, now it consists in fixing what you like.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:34 AM #129
Carraxe

I've just planted the last Mextiza seeds I made some years ago with a male I found and a selected F1 female from the original stock.

They are about a hundred, but most of them won't sprout.

I want to select some females to keep for my future works, and some males as well. I don't think that it makes much sense to keep crossing this strain with itself, due to the problems caused by endogamy, but I believe that the different backcrosses could help to keep the best of it.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 12:20 PM #130
Carraxe

I've revegged the Senegal female I selected. In a month I'll make clones. She takes about 14 weeks and produce hash tasting buds with enormous calyxes and lots of resin.

In the medium branches, new sprouts are clearly visible.

In the upper buds there is a lot of resin. I cut the top to smoke some of it. It also looks that takes more time to grow sprouts in the buds, it's been revegging for 6 weeks.

I have also selected a Senegal Angola from the same origin, and they are more compact but they look similar in flavor.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 12:24 PM #131
Illuminate

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
Subbed. Great work thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is online now Quote